Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

Ask for the supervisor

But tbh,it takes 1 week to be effective so it's not going to help you medically on your holiday

It will get you home without a pcr as Pfizer if that's what it is makes you fully vaccinated just 1 week after the 2nd dose

It won't be useful for entry to a foreign country even though you'd get your DCC the next day by email because a scan of the dcc QR code will say you're not fully vaccinated as the week won't be up

Most countries look for 14 days plus

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Does anyone know roughly what the turn around time is between registration and vaccination right now? Our nearly-18-year-old son is eligible to register today but is at the far side of the country with his grandparents until Saturday the 7th of August. Thinking we should wait a few days to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It depends on where you are, and varies hugely. There are people getting a text within 2 days for an appointment within another 3/4 days in some areas.

If you live in North Dublin it may be OK to go now, with most other areas it'd be worth waiting a bit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Vaccine: Pfizer

First dose: 16th July (UCD)

Second dose: 3rd August (UCD)

18 days between doses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

So I've been advised not to attend my second dose appointment on Friday after surgery today. It's only minor surgery but under GA. They recommended a separation of at least 1 week so any complications from the surgery (high temp etc) aren't dismissed as vaccine side effects. They also didn't think I should spend a 4 hour round trip on public transport 3 days after surgery.

It was only going to be an 18 day gap anyway so I think I'm happier to postpone.

Anyone tried to reschedule recently for Citywest? Worried the new one will be still too soon, or will then clash with hospital appointments that I have a few of in the following fortnight. Can I keep texting 'new' or would I be better phoning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Worked just fine for me. Got text on the 19th with an appointment for the 23rd, replied "New" on the 20th, got the "your appointment is cancelled and we'll send you a new one in the upcoming weeks" right after, then got a new appointment 12 hours later for the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

You can only reschedule with the text up to 3 times, keep that in mind - I think when you reschedule it tries to give you the earliest slot available that's not on that day, but your experience might be different. In your situation I would ring and explain the situation, and then just do whatever they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

18 day gap for me too - which I am a bit concerned about, would rather 21 days - anyone rescheduling because of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

36, south Dublin. Had my first Pfizer in UCD on July 7th, just got my text for my second dose in UCD again on August 2nd. 26 days between doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

Husband was vaccinated 16th July Pfizer in UCD. Got a text today that his next one - also UCD - for 3rd August. Another strange one with only 18 days in between.... hes 37.

I got vaccinated two days earlier at my gp and my second one is supposed to be in a HSE centre but I havent gotten a text yet. Very strange.

I'm raging, we are away for our first staycation since all of this happened and due back tuesday so now I've to drive him home stupidly early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,564 ✭✭✭Speak Now

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kg703

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

I know a few people now (me included whos 38) who have their 2nd pfizer jab only 18 or 19 days after the first. I would of though they could of given 1st dose to younger folk first. But sure look it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

My wife:

First Dose 13th July, City Hall Cork

Second Dose: 31st July, Cork City Hall

Vaccine: Pfizer

18 days in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I rescheduled my first one in citywest which was on the 30th June and the new appointment was the 12th July so nearly 2 weeks after.

I done the reschedule through the portal.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You can reschedule for any reason if you wish. You might get a sooner date though. Personally, I'm happy enough to get the second jab after 18 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

As I just posted on the main vaccine thread, my eldest (17) registered this morning and received an appointment for her first jab this Thursday @4pm. That's crazy fast. We're in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Only 18 days between mine too. First jab was 13th July and just got text for 31st July. Pfizer - citywest. 36 and living in Kildare.

is this a new thing where they have shortened the time between doses? On the one hand I’m pleased as it will allow me to dine indoors and fly without hassle. On the other I am worried I won’t be protected properly as the Pfizer advice was at least 28 days between doses. I assume this was intentional as many of us only with 18 days between but I hope it’s not an admin error!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Got an 18 day turnaround for second jab too. Debating rescheduling..

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Was thinking the same, mine is a 19 day turnaround. I read this recently though,

"According to guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)Trusted Source, you can receive your second dose up to 4 days earlier than recommended."

So might just go ahead with it seeing as its 21 days for Pfizer anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

I've also gotten a text today with my second dose only 18 days after my first. UCD, age 38. I'd prefer some more time between doses as they say a longer interval offers more protection but at the same time I'm eager to just get it done either way so I think I'll go ahead with the appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Got my appointment for the second dose for Saturday, 24 days after first dose in punchestown, happy enough with that

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Glen Erin

Apparently 16 and 17 year olds have to go in unaccompanied? Did anyone hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

My second appointment is on the portal for Monday, no SMS yet. 18 days from 1st. Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

What’s the issue with this? I’d say most would prefer to go in alone but I guess as Children it would be good to have the option?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Area: South Co. Dublin

Appointment 1 received: 06/07/2021

Appointment 1 date: 16/07/2021

Appointment 2 received: 27/07/2021

Appointment 2 date: 03/08/2021

Brand: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)

Venue: UCD Vaccination Centre (CVC)

Days between doses: 18

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭YellowLead

You can leave school at 16, get a job - and 16 and 17 year olds don’t need parental consent to get the vaccine. I think it makes sense - the less people in the vaccination centre the better. I have no doubt that older teenagers will be allowed a parent accompany them if they have additional needs but outside of that I can’t see why they need to be hand held.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Got my second one today after 19 days. Asked about it before they gave to me and the guidance they have is second doses can be given after 18 days The minimum gap allowed according to Pfizer is 17 days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭rodge123

Got my second dose Pfizer appointment for this Friday, 18 days after first dose. Wife has hers for this Saturday, also 18 days after first.

Both for Citiwest.

Both are same age (37) and gave same Eircode, what incompetent fool developed the system to hand out appointments that they couldn’t have it cross reference postcodes and ages and if they both match then give the same time appointment!

We are over 200kms away on holidays for next two weeks, crazy that we will have to do a 400km round trip each on consecutive days.

Tempted to bring both of us up Friday morning and see will they vaccinate us both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Got 1st jab 13th July through Pharmacy.

2nd scheduled for 6th August

Pfizer

Advertisement