Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭howiya

Age 37 received first dose July 8, received text for second appointment 1 August so a bit less than the full four weeks. Helix/Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Sam W

My missus and I have the first jab at the same day (we are same age), but we are planning to get the second jab on different days (and I believe it is the sensible decision). Many people have quite some side effects for up to 2 days, so it would be good for the one person to be able to take care of the other in case it happens (and also someone has to take care of kids and walk the dog etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

First shot: 14th July

Second shot: 5th August

Very surprised i got my second shot so quick

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MadsFi

Can I ask was it today you got the text? I see some centres are scheduling up to the 5th so I wonder if Swords are a bit behind and maybe I'll get my text tomorrow 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭howiya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

This is why I think there should be a way to choose your date . My son is in Canada and for that very reason left five days between his vaccine and his wifes .They had no one to mind the baby if both were unwell after it .They could book online once there age group came up

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CT2

Registered with the HSE, once it opened.

But found out my GP could give me, my vaccine sooner.

Given that the HSE has a valid email from me, resulted in my cert being issued on the same day as my second dose, as to being posted.

The HSE portal was also updated to show my status as fully vacninated.

Great to see GP systems/ HSE systems working so together.

First shot: 1st July

Second shot: 28th July

Type: Pfizer

Vaccine cert sent to my inbox:28th July @23:43

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Second jab done today, all arranged via my local GP.

First: 30/06

Second: 29/07

Type: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Sam W

Got the appointment for second jab on 5 Aug in Citywest, 18 days after the first one. Age 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

The Pfizer advice was never for "at least 28 days" between doses, and their own programme for staff and their household members was operating on a 21 day interval (I got my vaccine through this). The HSE and/or NIAC set the interval to the longer 28 days, I assume to conventiently co-term the interval with that of Moderna and make for similar management of the system and second dose appointments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ShadowTech

Today I got the text for my second dose of Pfizer at the Aviva, scheduled for the 4th of August. 19 days after the first vaccine. It’s a lot sooner than I’d expected and I’m delighted! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Area: South Co. Dublin

Appointment 1 date: 18/07/2021

Appointment 2 date: 05/08/2021

Brand: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)

Venue: UCD Vaccination Centre (CVC)

Days between doses: 18

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Very efficient in city west again today for my second jab, in and out within 30/35 mins loads there but moving fast

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭KevoS2009

hi guys , got my first Pfizer jab in punchestown on the 16/07 (33yrs old) and I’m awaiting a call for my second . I’m due to fly to the uk and back on 13/14th august. Should I ring the HSE and advise of this if I don’t hear back in the next few days of my appointment? Would they be able to push it forward to ensure I can get my vaccine cert on time? From what I understand it won’t be active until 7 days after my second jab.

any advise much appreciated cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

Appointment 1 date: 18th July

MVC App #1: Greystones

Appointment 2 date: 6th August

MVC App #2: Aviva Stadium

Brand: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech)

Days between doses: 19

A bit closer to home this time. Was half thinking of trying to move my appointment to a 28 day gap but now I don't think I'll bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tickybob

Appointment 1 date: 7th July

MVC App #1: UCD

Appointment 2 date: 30th July

MVC App #2: UCD

Brand: Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech)

Days between doses: 23

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Just back from citywest after 2nd dose

Very busy out there, appointment was for 940 but went earlier because of work so got there at 835 and out at 935

My 1st dose 18 days ago I was in and out in 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

Daughter, age 23, first dose this afternoon in Swords - Pfeizer.

Son, 20, first dose next Tuesday in Swords - Pfeizer.

Bringing youngest son, 17, tomorrow to walk in clinic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

travelled up to citiwest from limerick (on holidays) for my 2nd jab appointment this morning and my wife came with me hoping they would vaccinate her even though her appointment was tomorrow morning. Jabbed us both, a relief we don’t have to do the 400km round trip again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Second jab appointment recived. Will be 36 days from the first. Croke Park, 39

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

17 year old just got confirmed appt for Wednesday in Swords - Pfeizer. That's all 3 kids getting their first shots within a week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Text today for next Friday for a Moderna second shot, 26 days from the first. Citywest. So they're working ahead on both types it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Was advised not to attend for vaccination for a week after surgery so cancelled today's appointment. Definitely would not have been able today so glad I cancelled.

New appointment for Pfizer dose 2 in Citywest for Thur 5th August. So will be 24 days between doses.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

First dose 10th July

Fairyhouse Racecourse

Second dose 6th August

DIFE

Aged 35

Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭padski08

Second dose apt text received and booked for next Thursday afternoon in Swords

Will be 27 days between Pfizer doses for me

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Walk-in-centres a blessing for those of us on holidays. 17 year old son got his first jab in Castlebar today and is registered for his second one in our home county.

Brilliant stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Second jab received.

38, in Enniscorthy.

1st dose 7 July

2nd dose 31 July

24 days between.

Asked vax-er, and it can be as low as 17 days between.

Advertisement