Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭blackcard

I wonder if this is a sign that the amount of people registering for the vaccine has slowed down or that we are flying with our vaccinations?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

I’d say with the very quick rollout down to the 18 year olds that not many in that age group aren’t getting it (in comparison to the over 40s). I don’t believe we’ve gotten any extra doses (this could explain it if we did), so would be interesting to see the registration numbers for the 18-35 groups ( I notice Reid isn’t giving the numbers registered in the group like others as well…) Every other country saw a significant drop in numbers in these groups, so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the same here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Vaccine: Pfizer

First dose: 11th July (greystones).

Second dose: 30th July (Aviva). Appointment text received today.

So only a 19 day gap... seems very short compared to most? My partner is the same though with a 19 day gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

17 days is the minimum interval for a valid course of Pfizer vacine.

I was 19 days but had to cancel.. curious to know what sort of turn around a they are giving for new appointment after postponing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

First appointment

29th June

Age 41

Pfizer

Citywest

#################

2nd appointment

24th July (25 days later)

Age 42 (birthday in between appointments)

Pfizer

Citywest

#################

DCC received by email, this morning 25th July, at 7am. 1 day after 2nd Jab

Holiday booked @ 7.15am

¡Viva España! 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

First appointment 8th July

Second appointment txt received 24 th July

Appointment 27th July

Portlaoise

Pfizer 19 day gap

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

Exact same details as me (age 40) and also received Digital Cert this morning (24hrs later). Just in time for travel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭prunudo

In Greystones centre for second Pfizer today, much quieter than first time around, literally walked straight up to vaccine booth without queuing. In and out in about 20 mins. Looked like plenty of names still to be crossed off the list though. Although it is still early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Has anyone turned up early for their appointment and been allowed to proceed or were you made wait until your official time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Yes I did. Was not forced to wait. But may have depended on the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Just checked and I got the cert around 06.40, had my 2nd dose yesterday too. It went into promotions in Gmail for me in case that helps anyone.

I was about 30 minutes early for the first one (I use public transport so was allowing for delays) and was told I could go in. When I was getting the second one yesterday in Citywest, I got there pretty much on time but the queue was huge and some people were obviously asking if they could come back later. The staff told them that it was only the date that was important, it didn't matter what time they turned up at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Hope punchestown pulls it in to 20 days I'd be fully dosed this week and fully vaccinated mid week next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Daughter turned 18 on Thursday, registered on Friday night and got a text on Saturday morning for Pfizer first shot Thursday 29th July. All here 18 year old friends got similar apointment date. This means she will be fully vaxed by time she goes back to school.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes, appointment was for 18:05 yesterday in Swords, arrived at around 16:20 (as I was in the area), and they registered me & vaccinated me with no issues.

the Swords show centre seems less busier than the Helix…

vaccine passport landed in my inbox about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Stark

First dose 5th July Citywest

second dose appointment text received today, for Wednesday 28th of July citywest. (Pfizer)

Friend who is 40 got first dose of Moderna on 4th of July and appointment for 2nd dose Friday 30th July (citywest).

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

39 (1981) (and in Cohort 7 but that seems to mean nothing if your GP isn't vaccinating)

Pfizer in Citywest

Dose 1: 12th July

Dose 2: 30th July - no text but on portal now.

So only 18 days between scheduled doses.

I had to reschedule surgery that clashed with the first dose and will have that tomorrow, so not sure now if I'll be able to attend this vaccine appointment or look for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Age 40

First jab - 5th of July

Second jab - 29th of July

Citywest MVC

Anyone in my age group been out there lately, first jab I was in and out in half an hour but seen stuff on twitter last week of people queuing 3hrs, these were people in the late 20s, early 30s

I was there on Saturday for my second one and I was queuing for an hour to get the jab.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

I wasn't asked anything related to travel, and the HSE website doesn't mention anything about it. Only that you shouldn't attend if you have to quarantine, but right now there is no quarantine requirement when coming into Ireland from the EU with a PCR.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

Son age 17 (18 in Sept)

Registered Thur 22nd July pm

text this morning

1st Vaccine Wed 28th July

Punchestown MVC

Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

I just got a text for my 2nd dose but it will only be 22 days from the 1st one??

It's for pfizer

Anyone else got one extra early??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,931 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah my 2nd is only 23 days after 1st.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Seems a bit early, no?

Now i did rearrange my first appointment so i'm wondering if they have mixed it up in error?

Apologies, it'll actually be 18 days from the first!

First one was on the 12th, 2nd one booked for the 30th!

Original first one was for the 30th June so looks like they have mixed it up

What would you folks do? Go ahead and get it done on day 18? Or rearrange to push it out to the month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Tony H

My Son 33 nearly 34

first appointment 10 July

text for second dose today 26 July @15:45

Dose:

Vaccine type:

Comirnaty (Pfizer-BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine)

Date:

Friday, 30 Jul 2021

Time:

11:35 AM

Vaccination clinic name:

Pairc Ui Chaoimh Vaccination Centre (CVC)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Janssen

Friday July 30th

Boots in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tis me

I've got my second vaccination appointment for this Saturday. The thing is, I'm booked to fly to Italy for 2 weeks on Thursday morning (holiday planned and booked months ago before vaccination plans were known and feels very unfortunate to get the second appointment 2 days after I leave).

I called the COVID-19 helpline to see if they could change my appointment to Wednesday but they said they never change an appointment to an earlier date. Does anyone know any other way I could possibly get my second jab done before Thursday? Pharmacy perhaps? A friend suggested rocking up to the vaccination centre on Wednesday, showing them my appointment for Saturday and asking them directly there if they'd vaccinate me. Is this a waste of time or has anyone heard about any flexibility directly at the vaccination centres?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Had my first jab on the 13th of July - Pfizer. Waiting on second jab. Citywest.

However my local pharmacy just texted me with a J&J appointment for this Friday the 30th.

I assume I should cancel that and wait for the second Pfizer? Would be nice to get the J&J this week all the same....

This happen to anyone else?

Advertisement