Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you even call this? Funeral procession joyride maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Toxicology report is relevant to culpability in many cases - not this one I admit. I'm thinking the driver and passengers were probably coked up.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

There must be massive money in repeat offenders. From solicitors to judges. Revolving doors.

The people in the system seems to be content to keep things as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Time for a hardcore armed Garda unit that harrases the **** out of the likes of these scum.

If homegrown lads are not up for it import ex special forces from around the world and pay them well to do it.

Enough of these fks being a law onto themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Welcome to the real world, believe me if these scumbags descended on you or any of your family you would wise up fairly lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I'm so glad these scum are dead and I hope the truck driver makes a full recovery.

Unfortunately these videos show there are plenty more scum to take their place.

The guards are doing nothing about it as we have taken away their powers. All this BS about infringement of rights, civil liberties and GDPR. Cops put cameras up and the same asshole whines about big brother etc but at the same time records themselves and puts the videos over social media.

I worked closely with a police force abroad. I had a body cam and a colleague with me and I found a gym bag with about 2kg of coke and thousands in cash in euro and sterling and a gun. Couldn't touch it without getting specific cops with specific warrants. In the waiting period and I mean hours he came bag walked in bould as brass took it in front of us, we couldn't say anything and nothing could be done as only evidence was on body cam and who's to say it was coke, real cash or a real gun.

Yes the law is an ass but we have made it that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Salvadoor

The Carl Freeman video is up on the O'Dwyer funeral directors facebook page now.

One thing is for sure: that Funeral Director loves a slow-mo shot of himself putting on his trilby hat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Floppybits

He does love himself. Front and centre in all the videos. The sunglasses on a chain and the shoes and no socks and the walking in front of hearse with the hat and cane.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This is it. In a nutshell.

Why bother with the pretense of rehabilitation when you can coin from the repeat business? Most of those in the upper tiers of the legal system are rarely if ever victims of crime themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

Those videos from the funeral directors are a **** disgrace. A floral tribute to look like a stanley knife. Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The only tragedy is the car hadn't a few more in it and the slow burn wasn't even slower.

These are the worst of the worst and they deserved every minute in that car.

God forbid that any of them died instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Pity it wasn't an airplane that crashed with the whole lot of them in it. Absolute vermin.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,140 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We can really see how the other half live in a situation like this. Now, some peoples kids go off the rails and there family look after them but they are ashamed of them at the same time and they'd never act like this.

Now priests, undertakers, etc have to deal with fairly tacky situations sometimes. Now I've never seen an undertaker similar this guy the drone footage, his outfits, sunglasses, no socks, his posing, chest out, etc. It's one of those strangest set up I've seen. He's like a wannabe gangster undertake. Also it's a tad strange that the main contact number for an undertaker is a mobile number in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Karma is a bitch.

No sympathy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Jesus H Christ what a display at that funeral. And who the hell films people grieving and carrying a coffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The funeral video to go with the wedding video. Never heard of it before. Imagine sitting at home one night and thinking to yourself sure lets watch Johnnies funeral video. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The funeral director loved the few (many) shots of himself, but why not, he was looking well and it's his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Technically the problem is the justice system. Needs reform big time.

But now that ya mention it. Maybe a special team setup to deal with people outside the law. Just disappear the scum. Just like cillit bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,215 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Wouldn't it be handy for the Kinahans if the death of these 3 crispy bits was turned in to such a spectacle that public pressure was brought to bear on the Cock Wall gang.

I wonder was it the funeral home that suggested the videos etc

I don’t think looking cheap and tacky is looking well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭rogber

As with most other people, not a shred of regret to see those 3 scumbags burnt off the face of the earth, my full sympathy with the truck driver who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and will doubtless be terribly traumatised by what happened even if he recovers from his physical injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Judge Penitent

This story really "warms" my heart! It's almost poetic that these miscreants would have almost certainly be found in what is referred to as the Pugilistic Stance, given their so called "culture"...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Caquas

We cling to the vestiges of our traditions but Christianity, which was the centre of Irish life, is meaningless to us and an embarrassment in public life.

In all the commentary, no one has made the obvious point that the prayers at this funeral could not save his evil soul from eternal torment. His aunt seemed oblivious to this issue - if she had any awareness of Christianity, she would have asked us to pray for their souls. Instead, she was full of the most obnoxious hubris.

These men died in the act of endangering everyone on that road and almost killing that unfortunate lorry driver. If you believe in Heaven, you must believe in hell. Otherwise you believe that evil-doers will be rewarded with eternal happiness. But these ideas are not discussed because we are no longer Christians. We don’t even have enough understanding to pretend to be Christians.

A number of posters here hoped that they died slowly in that fireball. Christians believe their souls will have all eternity to endure that suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

We should all chip in and buy these lads some people carriers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Interesting from The Times.

Silence in Tallaght about trio’s deaths in N7 crash tells its own story

Local politicians almost as wary of commenting as community workers, says former TD

irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/silence-in-tallaght-about-trio-s-deaths-in-n7-crash-tells-its-own-story-1.4630081

Most read story on the IT today.

Everyone’s reading but no-one’s talking because everyone’s powerless!

Key sentence:

Clearly frustrated, the individual speaks of people living in a community where wrongdoers do not face the penalties they should for criminal and anti-social behaviour, while everyone else looks on, powerless.

Wild funerals are the least of their problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Tallaght bashing aside (some of it warranted at this stage), the below is telling.

Maguire, who has 25 convictions. Age 29.

Freeman, who had 62 convictions. Age 26.

Taylor, had 120 convictions. Age 31.

Why in the name of God were they free?

The article is careful not to smear Tallaght, making the point that it has a population as large as Galway City and quoting an (anonymous) community worker:“Most people are good, decent, wholesome people who get up and do what they must do every day for their kids.”

but it also points to the most troubled areas:

There is obvious evidence of deep-rooted social deprivation and trashed public realm – not everywhere but in significant pockets, including in parts of Kiltalown, Jobstown, Brookfield and Springfield.

The fear is palpable in this article. The clear message is that these thugs are bringing misery to their own neighbourhoods. They used the funerals to broadcast a message - "Three of us died but we are still in control and untouchable. Don't mess with us". At least they didn't desecrate the church with phony remorse. They leave that to their legal teams who prostitute themselves on a daily basis in the courts with lies about their clients "turning over a new leaf".

A pity the IT didn't get a comment from their lawyers - no shame in having a guilty client but lying to the court should get them disbarred. No mention of the Gardai, the courts, the prisons or the probation services. All those services are part of the gangsters business infrastructure. A bit like the Environmental Protection Agency for polluting industries. They do add to operating costs but their main effect is to control competition by restricting market entry, especially in the most lucrative areas - drugs and prostitution. I wonder how lucrative the burglary business can be? I suspect the main attraction is that the market is open i.e. the bigger gangs don't care because it's open season on the general population.

How many elected representatives are currently being paid to serve the people of Tallaght? I would guess more than two dozen at local, national and European levels. Not one will take a stand. Charlie O'Connor and Peter Kavanagh went on the record but only to mutter about how everyone else is staying stumm and they are just sympathising with the families. Eric Adams has got elected Mayor of NY by being tough on crime but I can't think of a single Irish politician in that mould.

Peter Murtagh is a legend among Irish journalists - he worked for the Sunday Times and the Guardian before coming home to be Editor of the Sunday Tribune.

Post edited by Caquas on

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Beatty69

You can guarantee the Funeral Directors were paid very well in cash up front for this funeral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

None of the three were Travellers, but Maguire was clearly held in very high regard, if you can fathom that, to be allowed marry into them.

Always did wonder how you have the big ten- 12 traveller surnames then you see a few crop up that seem rare for their community but common among the settled, especially seeing as the popular surnames grew so big on account of 17, 18 kids per family. Maguires of Drogheda being one. Wonder whether it's when a settled man married into them relatively recently in history.

Anybody know what all the "up Foxrock" business was about? Is Foxrock their favourite hunting ground?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement