Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Clerical Officer in Prison Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Haha I hope we are means everyone else isn't interested in it anymore. I'm OOM 378. I was told by PAS it ends in October this year it was 2 year panel

Yeah 7 months.. Look! it's hard to know if we'll get an interview as far as I'm concerned.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

job seeker wrote: »
    Yeah 7 months.. Look! it's hard to know if we'll get an interview as far as I'm concerned.. :(

Yeah that's true. My brother works in a prison in Dublin and said they are calling out for co's. Fingers crossed 🀞ðŸ»

Yeah that's true. My brother works in a prison in Dublin and said they are calling out for co's. Fingers crossed ��ðŸ»

Sure that is it! All we can do is sit and wait! :)

Sure that is it! All we can do is sit and wait! :)

I got the email for an expression of interest for Dublin and Shelton Abbey, Co. Wicklow.

I got the email for an expression of interest for Dublin and Shelton Abbey, Co. Wicklow.

Nice! Fair play! :) There is hope for us yet! :D

• Advertisement

Got called today for an interview for Dublin. Have it on the 28th.

Same here mine is on the 24th

Could anybody please post the information booklet here if they have it? I’m majorly stuck for it..

Could anybody please post the information booklet here if they have it? I’m majorly stuck for it..

Anyone at all please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Advertisement

Kimbot wrote: »

That appears to be the old 2016 campaign before the role was given the clerical officer status from what I can see! Having said that, the file you linked has provided an insight into duties that would be relevant to this campaign! So it is extremely beneficial! More importantly, you have gone to the trouble of trying to help me. So thank you very much! That in itself is extremely appreciated! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

That appears to be the old 2016 campaign before the role was given the clerical officer status from what I can see! Having said that, the file you linked has provided an insight into duties that would be relevant to this campaign! So it is extremely beneficial! More importantly, you have gone to the trouble of trying to help me. So thank you very much! That in itself is extremely appreciated! :)

The CO status was given back in 2012 so that is the most up to date version available. If you have any queries about the job at all drop me a line ;)

Kimbot wrote: »
    The CO status was given back in 2012 so that is the most up to date version available.

If you have any queries about the job at all drop me a line ;)

Oh, I was not aware!

I will be in touch! Thank you very much for the assistane!

I can't wait to get my result from the interview! The suspense is killing me!

I can't wait to get my result from the interview! The suspense is killing me!

Hopefully its good news :)

Never notified about this since.. would 3 weeks without an update be the norm?

Never notified about this since.. would 3 weeks without an update be the norm?

Yeah, its a slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Freshvibes

They only became PCOs (prison clerical officers) in the last 3 years or so. They were Prison Administration and Support Officers before that 😊

Ah but the grades were always in the following structure....

Prison Administration Clerical Officer/Prison Administration Executive Officer etc. They have always been knows as CO's just slight different variations down the years. Then recently they decided to make it more uniform by callaing thm PCO/PEO/PHEO etc.

They only became PCOs (prison clerical officers) in the last 3 years or so. They were Prison Administration and Support Officers before that 😊

• Advertisement

They were prison administration and support officer 3 also known as PASO 3 then PASO 2 was an EO and PASO 1 was a HEO, then it changed to prison administration clerical officer (PACO) and then it changed to prison clerical officer..they just can’t make their mind up 🙈

Which prison do you work in? 😍

Yeah they probably will change it again soon enough haha

Has anyone heard anything lately? I'm losing hope.

I haven't even got interview results. I wonder should I email!? 🤔

I get this process can be slow, but this is serious..

Post edited by job seeker on

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kphe81

I interviewed in the last week of may too but have heard nothing at all.

Well come to boards! Ah! good to hear that I'm not on my own!

edit: I might just drop them an email in the next week or so! I'm just really eager to find out how it went..

Post edited by job seeker on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 laulena94

Has anyone heard anything? I interviewed on the 10th of August so seem to be much later than a lot of people in this round

Ah okay! I didn't realise that they were still interviewing by the 10th of August! That would explain the delay! I had intended to email them, although I never got around to it! Welcome to boards by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kphe81

I still heard no news, I know no paso's in training so I assume none selected yet but surely if panel expiring soon they must make a decision its a massive wait time though just for interview decision

Yeah, someone said that the panel was expiring in October earlier in the thread. I agree it is a long oul wait, but if you were interviewed on the 10th of August, that's only 3 weeks and 3 days. It will be interesting to see what this month brings!

• Advertisement

The suspense got too much for me last night and I emailed them. Got no reply yet though..

Advertisement