Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Clerical Officer in Prison Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Rossie2019 wrote:
    i received this email, anyone shed any light on what it means?

I got the same mail. I would imagine it means any future communication will be directly from irish prison service

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rossie2019

2006 wrote: »
    I got the same mail. I would imagine it means any future communication will be directly from irish prison service

I wonder are we any closer to been called

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra

Rossie2019 wrote: »
    I wonder are we any closer to been called[/quote

Did you get e-vetting invitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rossie2019

BlueCorra wrote: »
    I wonder are we any closer to been called[/quote

Did you get e-vetting invitation?

No I haven’t heard anything from ips only public jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

No I haven’t heard anything from ips only public jobs

Hi
    I got invitation for orientation day.

• Advertisement

lego.andi wrote: »

Hi
    I got invitation for orientation day.

Fantastic. I’m waiting for my Garda clearance now :/ when is the orientation day? Did the call or emailed you? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sarahern1510

I got an email today inviting me to the orientation and asking me to pick my preferred location.

about 20mins later a guy called me from the IPS to ask me to respond to the email asap.

I got an email today inviting me to the orientation and asking me to pick my preferred location.

about 20mins later a guy called me from the IPS to ask me to respond to the email asap.

What number are you if you don’t mind me asking. I’m 29

What number are you if you don’t mind me asking. I’m 29

I'm in top 20 but was never told where I was placed. They did tell me when I was placed in the top within the top 20 until vetting and health check was completed.

I should have asked the guy today but I actually thought it was a different job ringing me so i wasnt thinking straight.

start date is 30th of March if there is an opening in the prison you are looking for

I'm in top 20 but was never told where I was placed. They did tell me when I was placed in the top within the top 20 until vetting and health check was completed.

I should have asked the guy today but I actually thought it was a different job ringing me so i wasnt thinking straight.

start date is 30th of March if there is an opening in the prison you are looking for

That’s great! How long were you waiting for your vetting? I heard it’s up to 12 weeks? Also are they listing only main prisons? Thanks

• Advertisement

That’s great! How long were you waiting for your vetting? I heard it’s up to 12 weeks? Also are they listing only main prisons? Thanks

I think it was about 5 weeks from when I submitted the vetting. I got an email 3 weeks ago to say they were sending a disclosure to the dept of justice but then heard absolutely nothing for 3 weeks despite emailing them twice! now they seem to want to rush everything through.

it listed all the prisons. I'm only applying for limerick.

lego.andi wrote: »

Fantastic. I’m waiting for my Garda clearance now :/ when is the orientation day? Did the call or emailed you? Thanks

They emailed me an than got a phone call.
    I am top 20.

Got same email this morning. Gonna go to Portlaoise on Monday

See u on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irl.gtb

Same, going to Portloise on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irl.gtb

Anyone applying for Castlerea?

Guys, any idea what Central Processing Unit in Santry is? There is very little info - I believe its easier to get promoted in actual prison than CPU?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 twluna88

I found this thread over the weekend.. thanks guys :)
    I emailed IPS and I am in the 50s for placement. I am currently employed, should I still be hopeful with getting taken on within the IPS? My current job is being phased out by the end of this year and I don't know whether to apply for other permanent roles that might suit or hold out?

How was orientation? Any details?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Guys i dropped out so. Maybe it open up a place for someone best of luck everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OhReally

Hi
    How is the training? Does it involve more tests? Is it 9-5?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mrsd2019

Hey guys, did the training start back in March? How long did the vetting take in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Larkinage

Anyone hear anything lately or any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

I got an email from ips mid April just asking for my location choices. Nothing since

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mrsd2019

I got a call from ips about vetting etc 2 weeks so that’s all completed, anyone the next stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fifi87

Mrsd2019 wrote: »
    I got a call from ips about vetting etc 2 weeks so that’s all completed, anyone the next stage ?

I also got call and vetting complete but have not heard anything since

Dwal2002 wrote: »
    Anyone hear back about training? I'm due to start training on the 22nd of June

Did you get a phone call about starting on 22nd of June?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seesaw.i.saw

I got a call about the 22nd also. Does anyone know what the training involves?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Fifi87

Got a call also regarding training starting 22nd June. I have no idea what will be involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bk1979

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anybody can remember or tell me what stage 1 for the prison clerical officer was.
    Kind regards,
    Brian.

• Advertisement

Bk1979 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anybody can remember or tell me what stage 1 for the prison clerical officer was.
    Kind regards,
    Brian.

Stage 1 online Questionnaire

Advertisement