Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer in Prison Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

LauraG321 wrote: »
    Anyone else not in the 20s get a message saying the Prison Service will be in touch soon in regards to location? Bit confused why they're asking my location as I was in the 60s

Unless they were given permission to recruit more

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LauraG321

Royal87 wrote: »
    Unless they were given permission to recruit more

Where are u placed on the panel? If u don't mind me asking

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

Anyone else not in the 20s get a message saying the Prison Service will be in touch soon in regards to location? Bit confused why they're asking my location as I was in the 60s

I was never asked about location but garda vetting came back as below

The vetting application made in respect of you has been completed and a disclosure has been made to Department of Justice and Equality - HR.

My OOM 20.

Where are u placed on the panel? If u don't mind me asking

Told i was 29

Told i was 29

That's some progress

• Advertisement

lego.andi wrote: »
    That's some progress

Doesn't make sense to be asked location preference before garda vetting

Doesn't make sense to be asked location preference before garda vetting

This campaign unusall as there was no supervised test.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra

Told i was 29
    I’m 29 as well. Let’s wait and see

BlueCorra wrote: »

How can we both be29

Did you get messege asking about your prefered location?

• Advertisement

I've emailed Public Jobs to see if they can give me any more info on the message. I'll pass it on if I get a reply

lego.andi wrote: »
    Did you get messege asking about your prefered location?
    Yes, I did. It is weird as first we should be Garda vetted

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

LauraG321 wrote:

I also got the same mail and I'm also in the 60s

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mrsd2019

Got the same email and I’m no 40, extremely strange you would be asked for location preference prior to Garda vetting.

This message is a notification informing you that the Irish Prison System has requested the location preferences of all candidates who are on the order of merit following the Stage 2 Interview for this campaign. This is so as to be able to take candidates’ location preferences into consideration should their place on the order of merit be reached, and should they come under consideration for a post following clearance

As stated in the message, this should not be taken as notification that you are entering clearance. Should your application proceed to the clearance stage, you will be notified of such via your Public Jobs message board.

This is the response I got from PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rossie2019

i got that email too and im 66 on the list, should we be replying with location preference?

Mrsd2019 wrote: »
    This message is a notification informing you that the Irish Prison System has requested the location preferences of all candidates who are on the order of merit following the Stage 2 Interview for this campaign. This is so as to be able to take candidates’ location preferences into consideration should their place on the order of merit be reached, and should they come under consideration for a post following clearance

As stated in the message, this should not be taken as notification that you are entering clearance. Should your application proceed to the clearance stage, you will be notified of such via your Public Jobs message board.

I did not get this email

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Larkinage

Rossie2019 wrote: »
    i got that email too and im 66 on the list, should we be replying with location preference?

I'm also 66 on the list ? There were 2 others on here who both had the same number I believe. I wonder is there more than one panel for different parts of the country? Very unusual.

Just wondering anyone in the 20s got a message saying the Prison Service will be in touch soon in regards to location?

Rossie2019 wrote: »

On the first email, It’s says that the prison service will be in touch in regards to location so I think just sit tight

• Advertisement

Mrsd2019 wrote: »

Got the same response

i am 66 in the order of merit im not sure if there are other panels under a different rating.

I got this ( place 29)

"Further to your candidature for the above mentioned competition, please note that your details are now issuing to the Irish Prison Service for the purpose of obtaining your location choice should you be reached on the order of merit and come under consideration for a position. This message is not to be taken as notification that you are entering the clearance stage of the selection process.

The Irish Prison Service will be in contact with you shortly with regards to your location choice."

I got this ( place 29)

"Further to your candidature for the above mentioned competition, please note that your details are now issuing to the Irish Prison Service for the purpose of obtaining your location choice should you be reached on the order of merit and come under consideration for a position. This message is not to be taken as notification that you are entering the clearance stage of the selection process.

The Irish Prison Service will be in contact with you shortly with regards to your location choice."

So we are in hand's of IPS :)

Got a phone call from IPS- my e-vetting and locations will be sent by email by this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irl.gtb

Same got a call regarding vetting and location this morning, I was number 34 after interview. I'm wondering how long vetting takes as I've seen with AGS it can take up to 12 weeks. I'm also still thinking hard about location as a daily commute to dublin will be a pain in the butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irl.gtb

2006 wrote: »
    I also got the same mail and I'm also in the 60s

60's before interview? Your position will have changed after interview, did you check with them? ðŸ˜

I’m 29th, I wonder would we get detention and probation centres on that list as well? I live near detention centre that would suit me just perfect. Te- vetting yeah it’s up to 12 weeks as the one we need is more in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Irl.gtb wrote:
    60's before interview? Your position will have changed after interview, did you check with them? ðŸ˜

No that's after interview, so I think I'll be waiting a while

• Advertisement

i received this email, anyone shed any light on what it means?

I refer to your application in the above mentioned campaign.

Please note that our part in the selection process has now completed.

All of your details have now issued to the Irish Prison Service and future queries should be directed to the Irish Prison Service at ipsrecruitment@irishprisons.ie.

Advertisement