Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Clerical Officer in Prison Service

1457910

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Dwal2002
    Registered User


    Does anyone know if the uniform is worn during training?


  • Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra
    Registered User


    Dwal2002 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the uniform is worn during training?

    Yes, it is. As soon as you get it you have to wear it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Seesaw.i.saw
    Registered User


    Can anyone tell me where the prison training college is in Dublin.? I know theres one in portlaoise but I thought that was the only one. Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ weadick
    Registered User


    Anyone put down Cork / Limerick for their location choices?


  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ weadick
    Registered User


    Can anyone tell me where the prison training college is in Dublin.? I know theres one in portlaoise but I thought that was the only one. Thanks

    I think it's in the same location as Cloverhill Prison.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cidy2020
    Registered User


    Anyone heard anymore on the prison clerical ..


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 twluna88
    Registered User


    Cidy2020 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anymore on the prison clerical ..

    Hi, I recieved a call during lockdown and got garda vetted but nothing since. Unsure what is happening. What about you?


  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ alanbyrne1982
    Registered User


    Hey does anyone know what OOM they are at ???


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ 2006
    Registered User


    Darc19 wrote:
    Similarly I used to love robbing orchards and getting the chase.

    Has anyone heard anything further since being passed on to prison service


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭ job seeker
    Registered User


    Hey does anyone know what OOM they are at ???

    I am high 220's on OOM and I havn't heard a single thing since getting my result in November 2019. Not sure where they even are on the first batch of 131. It goes without saying that I amn't holding out much hope at all though..


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ LauraG321
    Registered User


    Hey, just wondering what the process is for starting for anyone who has started? How long is the training and would I be starting right away? Just got a call about a position available in my area and didn't get a lot of info over the phone!


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kimbot
    Flaming Ban Hammer Titan


    LauraG321 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering what the process is for starting for anyone who has started? How long is the training and would I be starting right away? Just got a call about a position available in my area and didn't get a lot of info over the phone!

    It all depends and with covid they may just send you straight into the location and not training in the college. Did they give you a start date?


  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ LauraG321
    Registered User


    Kimbot wrote: »
    It all depends and with covid they may just send you straight into the location and not training in the college. Did they give you a start date?

    Yeah start date is in November. So it would be on the job training instead of college?


  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kimbot
    Flaming Ban Hammer Titan


    LauraG321 wrote: »
    Yeah start date is in November. So it would be on the job training instead of college?

    It could be a mixture of both, I think they are running reduced classes in the college due to covid.


  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ LauraG321
    Registered User


    Thanks for the reply Kimbot!

    I've got my contract and says training in the college will start on the 23rd of November. Any one else contacted about positions available and starting around then too?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3 twluna88
    Registered User


    LauraG321 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Kimbot!

    I've got my contract and says training in the college will start on the 23rd of November. Any one else contacted about positions available and starting around then too?

    Hi Laura, I got a start date of Nov 23rd too :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ 2006
    Registered User


    LauraG321 wrote:
    I've got my contract and says training in the college will start on the 23rd of November. Any one else contacted about positions available and starting around then too?

    Yes I got same start date. Interested to see how training goes with the current restrictions


  • Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ LauraG321
    Registered User


    Will see you both at training :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cidy2020
    Registered User


    Hi have you been told where you'll be based after training.?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭ job seeker
    Registered User


    Is this a 1 or 2-year campaign?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ alanbyrne1982
    Registered User


    Does anyone know how many people have been called for interview in Dublin?


  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ JKerova1
    Registered User


    job seeker wrote: »
    Is this a 1 or 2-year campaign?


    Was wondering the same...


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭ job seeker
    Registered User


    JKerova1 wrote: »
    Was wondering the same...

    Indeed! I'm waiting for an interview myself.. Probably won't happen though knowing my luck.. :P


  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ alanbyrne1982
    Registered User


    Does anyone know how many people have been called for interview in Dublin?

    It's at 131 since December 2019


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭ job seeker
    Registered User


    Hi all, I have received a message in regards to an expression of interest. I'm wondering If I express interest in one or both (if that's possible) areas. Will this then exclude me from future areas? I'm just not too sure how this works.. Thanks.


  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ alanbyrne1982
    Registered User


    job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all, I have received a message in regards to an expression of interest. I'm wondering If I express interest in one or both (if that's possible) areas. Will this then exclude me from future areas? I'm just not too sure how this works.. Thanks.

    What were the expressions of interest?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭ job seeker
    Registered User


    What were the expressions of interest?

    Dublin and Shelton Abbey, Co. Wicklow.

    Doesn't really mean much for me at the end of the day though, as it's likely they'll get enough people to fill the current vacancies before my OOM.. So it's neither here nor there..


  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ alanbyrne1982
    Registered User


    job seeker wrote: »
    Dublin and Shelton Abbey, Co. Wicklow.

    Doesn't really mean much for me at the end of the day though, as it's likely they'll get enough people to fill the current vacancies before my OOM.. So it's neither here nor there..

    If you don't mind me asking what was your OOM?


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭ job seeker
    Registered User


    If you don't mind me asking what was your OOM?

    No problem at all!

    OOM: 228



    EDIT: How long do these things go on? Do they be extended? I saw that I got this result on my message board on 14/11/19.

    Which is nearly a year and a half ago.. As well as this, we seem to be the only two people waiting to hear something! :D


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ alanbyrne1982
    Registered User


    job seeker wrote: »
    No problem at all!

    OOM: 228



    EDIT: How long do these things go on? Do they be extended? I saw that I got this result on my message board on 14/11/19.

    Which is nearly a year and a half ago.. As well as this, we seem to be the only two people waiting to hear something! :D

    Haha I hope we are means everyone else isn't interested in it anymore. I'm OOM 378. I was told by PAS it ends in October this year it was 2 year panel


Advertisement