Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Clerical Officer in Prison Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dwal2002

Does anyone know if the uniform is worn during training?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra

Dwal2002 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the uniform is worn during training?

Yes, it is. As soon as you get it you have to wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seesaw.i.saw

Can anyone tell me where the prison training college is in Dublin.? I know theres one in portlaoise but I thought that was the only one. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭weadick

Anyone put down Cork / Limerick for their location choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭weadick

Can anyone tell me where the prison training college is in Dublin.? I know theres one in portlaoise but I thought that was the only one. Thanks

I think it's in the same location as Cloverhill Prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Cidy2020

Anyone heard anymore on the prison clerical ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 twluna88

Cidy2020 wrote: »
    Anyone heard anymore on the prison clerical ..

Hi, I recieved a call during lockdown and got garda vetted but nothing since. Unsure what is happening. What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭alanbyrne1982

Hey does anyone know what OOM they are at ???

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Darc19 wrote:
    Similarly I used to love robbing orchards and getting the chase.

Has anyone heard anything further since being passed on to prison service

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Hey does anyone know what OOM they are at ???

I am high 220's on OOM and I havn't heard a single thing since getting my result in November 2019. Not sure where they even are on the first batch of 131. It goes without saying that I amn't holding out much hope at all though..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 LauraG321

Hey, just wondering what the process is for starting for anyone who has started? How long is the training and would I be starting right away? Just got a call about a position available in my area and didn't get a lot of info over the phone!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

LauraG321 wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering what the process is for starting for anyone who has started? How long is the training and would I be starting right away? Just got a call about a position available in my area and didn't get a lot of info over the phone!

It all depends and with covid they may just send you straight into the location and not training in the college. Did they give you a start date?

Kimbot wrote: »
    It all depends and with covid they may just send you straight into the location and not training in the college. Did they give you a start date?

Yeah start date is in November. So it would be on the job training instead of college?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah start date is in November. So it would be on the job training instead of college?

It could be a mixture of both, I think they are running reduced classes in the college due to covid.

Thanks for the reply Kimbot!

I've got my contract and says training in the college will start on the 23rd of November. Any one else contacted about positions available and starting around then too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 twluna88

Thanks for the reply Kimbot!

I've got my contract and says training in the college will start on the 23rd of November. Any one else contacted about positions available and starting around then too?

Hi Laura, I got a start date of Nov 23rd too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

LauraG321 wrote:

Yes I got same start date. Interested to see how training goes with the current restrictions

Will see you both at training :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cidy2020

Hi have you been told where you'll be based after training.?

Is this a 1 or 2-year campaign?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how many people have been called for interview in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭JKerova1

job seeker wrote: »
    Is this a 1 or 2-year campaign?

Was wondering the same...

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Was wondering the same...

Indeed! I'm waiting for an interview myself.. Probably won't happen though knowing my luck.. :P

Does anyone know how many people have been called for interview in Dublin?

It's at 131 since December 2019

Hi all, I have received a message in regards to an expression of interest. I'm wondering If I express interest in one or both (if that's possible) areas. Will this then exclude me from future areas? I'm just not too sure how this works.. Thanks.

Hi all, I have received a message in regards to an expression of interest. I'm wondering If I express interest in one or both (if that's possible) areas. Will this then exclude me from future areas? I'm just not too sure how this works.. Thanks.

What were the expressions of interest?

What were the expressions of interest?

Dublin and Shelton Abbey, Co. Wicklow.

Doesn't really mean much for me at the end of the day though, as it's likely they'll get enough people to fill the current vacancies before my OOM.. So it's neither here nor there..

Dublin and Shelton Abbey, Co. Wicklow.

Doesn't really mean much for me at the end of the day though, as it's likely they'll get enough people to fill the current vacancies before my OOM.. So it's neither here nor there..

If you don't mind me asking what was your OOM?

If you don't mind me asking what was your OOM?

No problem at all!

OOM: 228

EDIT: How long do these things go on? Do they be extended? I saw that I got this result on my message board on 14/11/19.

Which is nearly a year and a half ago.. As well as this, we seem to be the only two people waiting to hear something! :D

• Advertisement

No problem at all!

OOM: 228

EDIT: How long do these things go on? Do they be extended? I saw that I got this result on my message board on 14/11/19.

Which is nearly a year and a half ago.. As well as this, we seem to be the only two people waiting to hear something! :D

Haha I hope we are means everyone else isn't interested in it anymore. I'm OOM 378. I was told by PAS it ends in October this year it was 2 year panel

Advertisement