Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Clerical Officer in Prison Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Royal87 wrote:
    I got this too not everyone could be in top 20 makes no sense

No not everyone is in the top 20,I past the interview but mine reads as below

Candidates placed at 1 to 20 on the order of merit are now under consideration subject to clearance by the Irish Prison Service.

Should circumstance arise that your application comes in line for consideration you will be contacted by the Irish Prison Service.  In that event, your application will be processed through the clearance stage to check that you fulfil all the requirements governing the competition, including health and character.  Change of address should be notified to us immediately in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LauraG321

Mine is the same email as yous posted too. I found it confusing! Going to give them a call tomorrow and hopefully they'll explain what will happen next

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rossie2019

LauraG321 wrote: »
    Mine is the same email as yous posted too. I found it confusing! Going to give them a call tomorrow and hopefully they'll explain what will happen next

I took it as your not in the top 20 but your still on the panel to get a post if it opens again based on your number from the merit before the interview.. not sure if right I’m saying that

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rossie2019

If anyone rings public jobs today can you let us know how you get on interested to know what the email means

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Larkinage

Rossie2019 wrote: »
    If anyone rings public jobs today can you let us know how you get on interested to know what the email means

Just rang them. I was placed in the 120s before the interview and I'm now in the 60s. The lady on the phone wasn't sure how quick it would be moving. Considering they've only called the first 20 I wouldn't be too hopeful. Definitely worth calling to see where you've placed following the interview though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭2006

Rossie2019 wrote:

Larkinage wrote:
    Just rang them. I was placed in the 120s before the interview and I'm now in the 60s. The lady on the phone wasn't sure how quick it would be moving. Considering they've only called the first 20 I wouldn't be too hopeful. Definitely worth calling to see where you've placed following the interview though.

Rang this morning I'm also in the 60's 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mrsd2019

Larkinage wrote: »
    I phoned just there and the lady was so rude wouldn’t give me and Info and told me to email. So frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lego.andi

Mrsd2019 wrote: »
    I phoned just there and the lady was so rude wouldn’t give me and Info and told me to email. So frustrating

Same here. I was told to email to [email protected]
    I hope get it soon.

Just rang and was told they only give information through email?

Feel bad now I just emailed and they came back straight away, I’m 40 so still unsure where that leaves things

• Advertisement

lego.andi wrote: »
    Same here. I was told to email to [email protected]
    I hope get it soon.

I got email 5 min after I sent. I am OOM 20. Happy days

I got email 5 min after I sent. I am OOM 20. Happy days

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sineads80

I got rude lady and so far no reply to email!! 🙈

sineads80 wrote: »
    I got rude lady and so far no reply to email!! 🙈

Same! Must mean we didn't make the cut lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25 sineads80

Got reply. Got 14th. But will not be taking it as circumstances have changed, so best of luck to the rest of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irl.gtb

Anyone outside of 1-20? I'm kind of half way so assuming this is going to be a long wait and I'm unsure of taking on a new job in the interim. Anyone know how long the panel of 131 was created to last for?

Got my e vetting application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Got my e vetting application form.

Can i ask what number you are in the panel im. Number 29 was told only 20 been taken on so far. Also have they given starting salary yet

Royal87 wrote: »
    Can i ask what number you are in the panel im. Number 29 was told only 20 been taken on so far. Also have they given starting salary yet

My OOM is 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra

I’m 29 too? That’s a bit strange

• Advertisement

BlueCorra wrote: »
    I’m 29 too? That’s a bit strange

Lol really yea i emailed just before Christmas and got reply saying i was 29 on panel

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BlueCorra

Lol really yea i emailed just before Christmas and got reply saying i was 29 on panel

Same 😂😂😂 that’s what I got “ I can confirm that you have been placed 29th on the order of merit. I hope this is of assistance to you. ”

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Larkinage

Has anyone who's placed between 1 to 20 been contacted yet about the next step ?

Just trying to get an idea how quickly the panel is moving.

Larkinage wrote: »
    Has anyone who's placed between 1 to 20 been contacted yet about the next step ?

Just trying to get an idea how quickly the panel is moving.

Yes. E Vetting is under process. My OOM is 20.

Does anyone know the chances of this panel calling another 20? I’m in the 40s and hoping to still be successful

Does anyone know the chances of this panel calling another 20? I’m in the 40s and hoping to still be successful

Just email to the PAS or ring them. They are very helpful.

As far as i know the first 20 are still waiting for garda clearance seems very slow process

As far as i know the first 20 are still waiting for garda clearance seems very slow process

I think that process can take 6/8 weeks

Got message from public jobs to say my details were passed on to IPS and they will be in deep for my location preference?

• Advertisement

Anyone else not in the 20s get a message saying the Prison Service will be in touch soon in regards to location? Bit confused why they're asking my location as I was in the 60s

Advertisement