Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,152 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great 4th Episode but I am totally lost now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Well Ravona is linked to Kang, and we know he's in the next Ant Man, so there has to be some semblance of a link to what comes next. That mid credits scene, I reckon, is like a Soul Stone sort of place that that TVA has.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I am loving this show. This episode proves why last week’s episode was vital to the overall story. His love for Sylie (basically himself) has the potential to end the TVA. They needed that pit stop on Lamentis to develop a love like relationship between Loki and Sylvie.

Love it all. No idea where this is eventually going but I’m on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Loki could simply have respect for someone, thats new! they have the same parents don't they.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I really enjoyed that. Not surprised the TVA is all smoke and mirrors but it's taken a really interesting turn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

GSPfan wrote: »
    I am loving this show. This episode proves why last week’s episode was vital to the overall story. His love for Sylie (basically himself) has the potential to end the TVA. They needed that pit stop on Lamentis to develop a love like relationship between Loki and Sylvie.

Love it all. No idea where this is eventually going but I’m on board.

Presumably the nexus event she got taken for as a child is her falling in love with the other loki in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Presumably the nexus event she got taken for as a child is her falling in love with the other loki in the future?

But then... oh no wibbly wobbly timey wimey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

DrumSteve wrote: »

I was of the opinion that the event has to happen first before they get alerted to it. Then they go to that moment and fix it. But it hasn’t been explained so I could be totally wrong on how and when they take action.

But i just thought it could have been anything. Maybe it was because she seemed like she was idolising the Valkyrie and she was going to turn out to be good, which could have made her King of Asgard and disrupted Thors future blah blah blah.

I don’t know and I’m not expecting to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,152 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A little Easter egg
    Mobius mentions Vampire's so they do exist in the MCU in some way

ziedth wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that. Not surprised the TVA is all smoke and mirrors but it's taken a really interesting turn

Once they entered the Timemasters' Hall it reminded me immediately of the Wizard of Oz reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A little Easter egg
    Mobius mentions Vampire's so they do exist in the MCU in some way

Had to rewind and make sure I was wasn't mishearing. I've been waiting a long time for this sh1t. :pac:
    I took that as they're in the business of removing Vampires as "they aren't meant to be."

Looking forward to seeing Richard E Grant as well.

Good show anyway, helps that I've marked my expectation down markedly for these Disney Plus shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Not sure about that one. It was grand... it just didn't engage me as much as I hoped it would after spending episode 3 essentially building the relationship between Loki and Sylvie. It felt like another episode of setting things up.

With all the theories about how they'd escape, I found the "oh there they are affecting the timeline in a scenario where we've established it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to affect the timeline" a bit lame. How could they create such an extreme branch when they were seconds away from death. Also, I'm still not clear on how the variants can be so extreme when the TVA snips the branch as soon as it deviates. Sylvies line about her finally causing enough of a change to get their attention is a weak explanation. How could Loki being a different sex NOT have affected the timeline for 7 years, while during Pompeii, Mobius was afraid to try even something incredibly small to see if it caused a branch. Also, why not correct it at the point she was born or conceived? That's where the variation happened.

The Timekeeper reveal was too obvious. There was just something off about the design that looked staged/faked. I guess it's interesting to find out who the real person behind the curtain is... I guess?

Killing Mobius was a shocking moment, I quite like that character and his journey so far. But based on the mid-credit sequence it's safe to say he's not really gone. The mid-credit sequence btw was the best hook the show has had so I'm looking forward to where that goes in the last two episodes. I assume he's on some sort of Loki variant "dimension" and will swindle his way back to the TVA.

The worst part of this show is the fighting IMO. It's just not great. It's very mundane action. At least there's not much of it.

The time cell was a neat idea, and broke Loki quite well to help him progress a bit more from where he was in Avengers.

Bacchus wrote: »
    Not sure about that one. It was grand... it just didn't engage me as much as I hoped it would after spending episode 3 essentially building the relationship between Loki and Sylvie. It felt like another episode of setting things up.

With all the theories about how they'd escape, I found the "oh there they are affecting the timeline in a scenario where we've established it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to affect the timeline" a bit lame. How could they create such an extreme branch when they were seconds away from death. Also, I'm still not clear on how the variants can be so extreme when the TVA snips the branch as soon as it deviates. Sylvies line about her finally causing enough of a change to get their attention is a weak explanation. How could Loki being a different sex NOT have affected the timeline for 7 years, while during Pompeii, Mobius was afraid to try even something incredibly small to see if it caused a branch. Also, why not correct it at the point she was born or conceived? That's where the variation happened.

The Timekeeper reveal was too obvious. There was just something off about the design that looked staged/faked. I guess it's interesting to find out who the real person behind the curtain is... I guess?

Killing Mobius was a shocking moment, I quite like that character and his journey so far. But based on the mid-credit sequence it's safe to say he's not really gone. The mid-credit sequence btw was the best hook the show has had so I'm looking forward to where that goes in the last two episodes. I assume he's on some sort of Loki variant "dimension" and will swindle his way back to the TVA.

The worst part of this show is the fighting IMO. It's just not great. It's very mundane action. At least there's not much of it.

The time cell was a neat idea, and broke Loki quite well to help him progress a bit more from where he was in Avengers.

Yeah, the reason for rescuing them was very lame. And in one or two scenes when Sylvie was fighting in the background we could see Tom (the actor) going through the motions of pretending to fight.

Richard E looked deliciously ridiculous :D

It was my favourite Loki so far. I only realised yesterday that Ep 3 was way shorter than the other eps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I wouldnt normally consider myself jaded, but I feel that none of the marvel tv shows have hit their true potential.
    Indeed, the fan theories are a great deal more entertaining that the actual shows themselves.
    Its like we get a constant trail of breadcrumbs towards what could be really cool - (im looking at you, fake quicksilver) and then we get completely blueballed by mundane and expected reveals. (the timekeepers, sharon carter).
    Its like they have a huge tapestry of interesting stories and characters, yet go down the most mundane route they can.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I barely even saw Richard E Grant the first time I watched it, as eyes were drawn to Kid Loki with the baby crocodile, plus the black Loki holding a hammer. But just opened it there again to have a look at him and noticed one of the ruined buildings in the background looks like Stark/Avengers Tower. Be interesting to see where they are. Also signals that Mobius might be alive somewhere too.

Really liked the episode overall though. I enjoyed B-15's turn, the scene with her and Sylvie was very understated. I think they did a good job of showing how it isn't love between Loki and Sylvie, but more so that Loki just wants to help her and be there for her, because he knows how alone he feels which means she must feel it so much worse. Sif was a good choice for the cameo in the time loop prison, because even though it was a bit of a nothing event, her words cut deep and spoke to Loki's needlessly self-destructive tendencies, and how he's the architect of his own loneliness.

I'm guessing the Timekeepers reveal means
    it's Kang The Conquerer pulling the strings, and rather than a sacred timeline, he's manipulating a timeline that helps him win or do whatever leads into AntMan & The Wasp Quantumania.

The Marvel shows in general, I've really enjoyed. None of them wildly spectactular, but WandaVision and Loki especially are allowing the MCU to give us something a bit more unique. I don't think they've hit the heights of the best seasons of the Netflix Marvel shows (particularly Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Punisher), but they haven't been nearly as bad as some of the others (particularly Iron Fist, Iron Fist and Iron Fist).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Penn wrote: »
    I barely even saw Richard E Grant the first time I watched it, as eyes were drawn to Kid Loki with the baby crocodile, plus the black Loki holding a hammer. But just opened it there again to have a look at him and noticed one of the ruined buildings in the background looks like Stark/Avengers Tower. Be interesting to see where they are. Also signals that Mobius might be alive somewhere too.

Presumably this is a Thor varient, not a Loki one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Presumably this is a Thor varient, not a Loki one.

Yeah I did notice he didn't seem to have any kind of horns on his outfit like the others, but also the hammer wasn't Mjolnir, maybe doesn't have the same enchantment etc. The idea of variants means anything could have happened so I'm kinda just presuming they were all variants of Loki.

Edit: Was browsing Twitter after posting this and a tweet from IGN says that character is credited as 'Boastful Loki' https://www.ign.com/articles/loki-variants-episode-4-who-was-at-the-end?taid=60dcfaa864bb4f0001303ef3&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Bacchus wrote: »

There's only so many times you can tolerate getting kneed in the crotch. For me 1 is likely the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Loki could simply have respect for someone, thats new! they have the same parents don't they.

Loki's an Ice Giant baby. Sylvie is perhaps actually the daughter of Odin and Frigga?

So it's like banging your step-sister. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Enjoyed last night's episode. I've enjoyed the series overall. It has held its appeal far better than TFATWS. Looking forward to seeing how the last two episodes end the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well Ravona is linked to Kang, and we know he's in the next Ant Man, so there has to be some semblance of a link to what comes next. That mid credits scene, I reckon, is like a Soul Stone sort of place that that TVA has.

I think it is another timeline - rather than soul stone type of thing.

I think you are not erased, but moved from the TVA/Sacred TimeLine thing and dumped into *one* other timeline. Basically everyone the TVA has 'pruned' is dumped into one time/location - so we have all the Loki's that have previously been pruned. I would reckon we will also find Mobius. I assume Mobius will be in the same place rather than a Mobius pruned time/location separate to Loki.
    Trailers had, what we now should take as a band of Loki's.... with Loki - so they will go from where they are to where the TVA are or where the final battle stuff will be. If it was soul-stone type thing I don't think it makes sense for them to be able to escape it. If it is simply another time/location then they can escape in the same way the TVA travel through time/space.

One other thing.... don't know if it was just I only really noticed yesterday, but the score for Ep 4 was effing fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

One other thing.... don't know if it was just I only really noticed yesterday, but the score for Ep 4 was effing fantastic.

I think it's been fantastic throughout. I love the title music as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think you are not erased, but moved from the TVA/Sacred TimeLine thing and dumped into *one* other timeline. Basically everyone the TVA has 'pruned' is dumped into one time/location - so we have all the Loki's that have previously been pruned. I would reckon we will also find Mobius. I assume Mobius will be in the same place rather than a Mobius pruned time/location separate to Loki.

[/SPOILER]

it tells you in the IMDB website how many episodes he is in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

it tells you in the IMDB website how many episodes he is in...

Using that kind of info is kinda spoilery though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

I know people have mentioned Dr. Who vibes from this...but I'm getting Flash Gordon circa 1980 from these last 2 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Gbear wrote: »
    Loki's an Ice Giant baby. Sylvie is perhaps actually the daughter of Odin and Frigga?

she said she knew she was adopted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Gbear wrote: »

It's not illegal, it's only frowned upon

The absolute joy in Mobious in delivery those lines to Loki "You fell in love with yourself!" was amazing. Owen Wilson was excellent in that episode, all his scenes were so well done, with some brilliant lines and moments - either between him and loki or him and Ranova.

• Advertisement
Advertisement