Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yes. They mentioned Renslayer was Kang's general, and led his army to help him win the war against the other Kangs. The pyramid in the back is most likely a reference to Rama-Tut, one of the Kang Variants in the post-credits of Quantumania.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Brilliant final episode. This season probably didn’t hit the heights of season 1, but overall, still an excellent show. Most successful TV shows hit the sweet spot at season 3, it would be great if they could get at least 1 more season.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The thing I don't get about the ending is why does the loom being destroyed mean all timelines get destroyed? Why does Loki need to act as a new loom? Surely, before Kang built the loom, there were multiple timelines and everything was fine. So, why does destroying it cause all timelines to be destroyed as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Before Kang, there was no Multiversal travel so the alternate time lines could never 'find each other'. Every Kang realised this, so HWR ended up making the Loom to make sure he always has a point in time to get to (the Sacred Timeline)... I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

People assume that time is just one big line of cause and effect when actually it's one big ball of Wibbley Wobbley Timey Wimey stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

TBH, it's a little be sketchy on how exactly that works... like, it appears to explode as you say... so how is it erasing timelines. Also what's the point of the TVA if the Loom is there.

The Loom was Kang's solution to keep the one and only sacred timeline. Loki didn't want to follow that path. He wanted to let the timelines coexist which is why he did his tree of life solution. Again, what exactly his magic is doing is unclear... is he keeping the timelines from learning of each other? Do uncontrolled infinite timelines result in them collapsing on themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

How is it the the writers of the show needed Hiddleston to come up with reusing the "For you, For all of us" line?

wtf are the writers paid for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Read something interesting online about the timestone being green and loki colour scheme being green too and that ending... A well thought out plan or one that fell together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Is there a difference between this and the multiverse? I never really understood.

Are they the same thing or separate? I thought this was a consequence of time travel more so then the multiverse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

coincidence according to interviews with the creators I heard

Post edited by expectationlost on

It's the same thing. The TVA/Loom/Kang were all working to keep the multiverse from happening. Time travel, going by the exposition from the Sorcerer Supreme in Endgame does make branches, but in Endgame, they closed those up themselves by returning the gems to the point they were stolen. Also, there's the catch-all argument that what happened in Endgame was always meant to happen as it is on the sacred timeline.

What's more confusing to me is the events in Spiderman NWH and Multiverse of Madness. Those events depend on a multiverse existing... so when exactly does the events of Loki season 2 happen in the proper timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

We only know what's on the sacred timeline up to original loki's death. The endgame branches were all closed up by preventing their creation as you said except for the loki Tesseract branch which the TVA purged, the avenger didn't undo that as since the Tesseract never left they didn't see the need it was just another branch (with all the stones safe) in as far as they though infinite number of branches.

At the end of season 2 of loki Mobius talks about one of "he who remains" variants in an 616 adjacent realm doing stuff but 616 handled it, that's the events of Quantanium.

All the TVA stuff happens outside time, so events there effect past present and future of the varying timelines branching them more.

I see it as the MCU was the sacred timeline of events upto endgame but then since then it isn't and it's a branch from that starting point. If we take it that there can't be any other Kangs on the sacred timeline then the events of Quantanium can't be part of the sacred timeline, so the current MCU is a branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think as well that other timelines were allowed to remain unpurged, so long as they didn't affect the sacred timeline or wouldn't lead to new Kang variants. That's essentially what He Who Remains designed the TVA and the loom to do; prevent new Kang variants because that would lead to a Multiversal War between all the Kangs.

So other timelines were okay so long as they didn't branch too far, and if they did then He Who Remains used the TVA to prune those branches.

That explanation makes the most sense... just can't remember if that was how it was put in Loki. Allowing some timelines to coexist just removes the complexity of the order in which things happened between Loki, Quantumania, Spiderman, and Strange.

As much fun as Loki has been, I feel more and more that Marvel made a mistake to make the multiverse the big theme of this Saga. It's already a headmelt, and now it looks like this is how they are bring in the X-Men (though TBH, how else could they have inserted them seamlessly in to a decade old universe). Part of the success of the Infinity Saga was the simplicity... a race to find the stones in order to stop a big bad from wiping out half of all life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Caught the last two episodes finally, and a really strong finale that puts to bed the whole series I think; felt like an end to everyone's story and it's a little quietly tragic that little does everyone know how Loki has a hand in the status quo.

Took a while to get going I suppose, but this has been the stronger MCU TV series, and the physicality of it all has been a huge factor for me. Big, elaborate and imaginative sets has allowed better direction than we usually get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

So Loki back into the movies now? inevitably

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No, I can't see there's any chance of that: Loki was quite definitively killed in EndGame and given the small amount of grumbling over The Marvels expecting a degree of knowledge over Wandavision & Ms. Marvel, I can't see the Feige Brain-Trust trying that again with a character supposedly dead.

Advertisement