Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Acosta

Much better this week. Gearing up for a strong finish hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

Such a better episode from the last one, in almost every way. Less Loki face to face bad banter and more character(s) development, plot progression and Owen Wilson. He really is the soul of the show.

Now for some whinging….
    At first, they were running for their lives in episode three and as their time on the doomed plant went on they seemed to be just sauntering around not caring about the pieces of moon hurtling towards them.

The fight scenes are terrible. Dr Who terrible ;)

And lastly, is it just me or could Loki be completely removed and replaced by any other character in the MCU with very little tweaks and a couple of Easter eggs thrown in. What makes this the Loki show?

twinex wrote: »

Now for some whinging….
    At first, they were running for their lives in episode three and as their time on the doomed plant went on they seemed to be just sauntering around not caring about the pieces of moon hurtling towards them.

I didn't mind that. Up until the Ark got destroyed they had a purpose, and were running towards it. No point running if they had no escape plan.

I didn't mind that. Up until the Ark got destroyed they had a purpose, and were running towards it. No point running if they had no escape plan.

I don’t care who you are, nobody wants a slap on the head from a piece of moon!

I don’t care who you are, nobody wants a slap on the head from a piece of moon!

The CGI screen was behind them, they were in no fear of the falling planet (they were on the moon apparently) :pac:

• Advertisement

The CGI screen was behind them, they were in no fear of the falling planet (they were on the moon apparently) :pac:

Then this raises more questions like surely the planets gravitational force being greater than the moon would result in said moon travelling towards the plant and not vice versa……I’m thinking too much about the science of a made up story…..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

4: Wow! That was mad, I've no idea what's going on!
    (bar time stuff/multi-verse stuff)
    Brilliant!
    Hope that's not the end of Owen Wilson in the series!

Reminder if missed in the thread so far: There's a mid-credit scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,228 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So when sylvee dropped the time pad things, creating loads of nexus events..... We were led to believe this was an unimaginable disaster.

Nothing happened and no one seemed to do much about it.

Seems odd. A whole pile of cut story?

Then this raises more questions like surely the planets gravitational force being greater than the moon would result in said moon travelling towards the plant and not vice versa……I’m thinking too much about the science of a made up story…..

The planet was exploding and ejecting material rather than a gravity effect. This was process of planetary ejection called Fizzy Wizzy Physicsie Zizzy... stuff

We've gone on holiday by mistake.

• Advertisement

The planet was exploding and ejecting material rather than a gravity effect. This was process of planetary ejection called Fizzy Wizzy Physicsie Zizzy... stuff

Seems legit. Accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Gbear wrote: »
    I think it's been fantastic throughout. I love the title music as well.

It’s been an excellent show, every bit as good as I would of hoped. One of my sons is disgusted it might only be a one off, he’s not usually like that so that’s as good an endorsement marvel could ask for.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,192 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Once they entered the Timemasters' Hall it reminded me immediately of the Wizard of Oz reveal.

Said the very same myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So when sylvee dropped the time pad things, creating loads of nexus events..... We were led to believe this was an unimaginable disaster.

I orginally thought that some of them will come into play in the future so maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think it was a decoy to get alot of the TVA staff to leave the TVA building so that she could sneak in and get to the Timekeepers more easily.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Great episode that, lots of surprising turns and the pacing this time was perfect; I think it's fair to say we all thought there'd be SOMETHING going on at the TVA, given its fairly murderous modus operandi; even so, the showdown with the keepers still managed to engage and excite. And absolutely 100 points to the decision where - of course - Loki would fall in love with "himself".

Only quibble is that having had no mid-credits scene so far, suddenly dropping a fairly important one, given what had just transpired, was a poor decision. Could easily see someone stopping before it played, having presumed the show wasn't to have any at all.

Loving this show so far though and has been precisely what I'd hoped. Bold, colourful, imaginative with a decent story and appropriate cosmic stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Mid credit scene was a little mischievous alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,603 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

One other thing.... don't know if it was just I only really noticed yesterday, but the score for Ep 4 was effing fantastic.

The score for Episodes 1-3 is up on Spotify.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Would assume they show the mid credit again at the start of the next episode in either case.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They don't usually show the mid credits scenes again, if I remember correctly. Next time will likely just see him talking to them or walking with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭kerplun k

So they went there in a Disney+ show. Wow

who would have thought an exposition heavy, bottle episode, which also happens to be the final could be that good,

After completing the season, I still maintain that Loki could easily be taken out and replaced with any number of marvel characters be them hero’s or villains and the story (timeline even!) would have continued along its predestined path.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Enjoyed that finale. He Who Remains was played brilliantly by Jonathan Majors.

Was not expecting a second season. A pleasant surprise.

Weakest of the TV adaptions by a long shot for me.

Parallels had been drawn with Doctor Who before....a whiff of Willy Wonka off the last episode for me....just left me completely underwhelmed I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The bastard forgotten child AOS was still better than the three of these new MCU series.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Really enjoyed the last two episodes. The ending of this one was an interesting one for me, the abrupt ending for a few seconds leftme a bit underwhelmed, until it hit me the ramifications it will have on the MCU from now on.

We have our multiverse!!!! 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Been waiting all week to put this up

Advertisement