Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Chauvin murder trial (George Floyd)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Just watched the video again. Chauvin 100% wanted him out cold, even when Flyod's bladder released, even when health professionals told him things weren't good, even when the paramedics arrived he didn't cease to grind Floyds neck on to the tarmac with his knee.

What was he thinking?
    The angle is important. that video doesnt show periods of unknown duration when his knee wasn't on his neck. Id happily volunteer for for a supervised re-enactment.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The same core disgusting thing the people who are still defending here him think - Floyd's life didn't matter.
    No. It is called intention of the policeman

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Billy Mays wrote: »
    She just wanted a chat with her representatives iirc

All those insurrectionists ever wanted was to sit down for some tea and biscuits and a chat with Nancy Pelosi.

#Justice4Ashli

• Registered Users Posts: 12,560 ✭✭✭✭Sand

We watched it live kid.

This is where your ideological indoctrination has brought us. You'll see BLM buring cities down and dragging people out of cars to beat them and think this is peaceful protest. You'll see unarmed Ashli Babbitt get gunned down and think she was a violent terrorist bringing down the US government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

On one hand I don't have much sympathy with him, he was callus, cruel, negligent and over the top and it without doubt contributed to Floyd's death, on the other hand this was a trial based on emotion and interference with presidents, congresswomen, politicians, reverends and activists all getting involved screaming for him to be put too the sword, that and the 100% fact that there would of been extreme riots/violence had the sentence gone the other way or was seen to be too lenient.

He had to be made an example of to appease the masses.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Enjoy prison scumbag!

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    This is where your ideological indoctrination has brought us. You'll see BLM buring cities down and dragging people out of cars to beat them and think this is peaceful protest. You'll see unarmed Ashli Babbitt get gunned down and think she was a violent terrorist bringing down the US government.

Eh, she was climbing through a window trying to get to the VP... Everyone is free to check your posts, you're plenty ideological. The fact that you're desperately trying to deny an insurrection of a federal that is a matter of fact says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

I feel very sorry for the Floyd and Chauvin families, they are both, effectively losing someone. I know jail is not the same as death, but it’ll remove him from his family for years.
    Justice had to be done though, because you wouldn’t treat a dog the way he treated George Floyd, no matter what he had done nor the colour of his skin, all those things aside, he was a human being, and he didn’t deserve to be killed like that.
    I think he’ll appeal it in a couple of years though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Find a single post where I've suggested that. I can give you a hint, you won't. I've repeatedly said on the various threads that any single individual committing violence should be charged and prosecuted from doing so.

What I'm not willing to do is dismiss intent of the vast majority of peaceful protests and protesters because of these actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

On one hand I don't have much sympathy with him, he was callus, cruel, negligent and over the top and it without doubt contributed to Floyd's death, on the other hand this was a trial based on emotion and interference with presidents, congresswomen, politicians, reverends and activists all getting involved screaming for him to be put too the sword, that and the 100% fact that there would of been extreme riots/violence had the sentence gone the other way or was seen to be too lenient.

He had to be made an example of to appease the masses.

Wow, you really must have read through the 22 page memo from the judge very quickly to be so confident that the sentence was so unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Fantastic statement from George's sister Bridgett Floyd IMO. Highlights my own - where she is putting on notice those who pledge and commit resources and accept the plaudits for same but don't always follow through... Same applies in many areas - LGBTQ support comes to mind this month.

“The sentence handed down today to the Minneapolis police officer who killed my brother George Floyd shows that matters of police brutality are finally being taken seriously. However, we have a long way to go and many changes to make before Black and Brown people finally feel like they are being treated fairly and humanely by law enforcement in this country.

Our focus at the George Floyd Memorial Foundation will now move to building support to ensure that the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act becomes law and brings with it the hope for the substantive change that we need so desperately in this country.

We will keep George’s memory alive by ensuring high school students and law school students have every opportunity to succeed by providing much-needed scholarships and other financial assistance. We will honor George’s commitment to those less fortunate by providing acts of service and support in communities around the country.

These efforts will take resources, however, so we will continue to work to secure financial commitments from many of the corporate entities who were so vocal about providing support for racial diversity and equality following my brother’s death.

Our work at the George Floyd Memorial Foundation has only just begun because the fight for justice is far from over.”

Personally I thought the way corporations responded to Floyd's murder and the BLM movement was disgusting. Whether or not they fully intended to exploit it, that's what they did. Same as they're doing, in large part, with the Pride movement.

I sincerely hope they redeem themselves somewhat by donating substantial sums to worthy causes that educate people out of racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Wow, you really must have read through the 22 page memo from the judge very quickly to be so confident that the sentence was so unfair

The verdict I wouldn't have a problem with had he been given a fair trial.

The trial was ruled by emotion and the threat of violence.

Find a single post where I've suggested that. I can give you a hint, you won't. I've repeatedly said on the various threads that any single individual committing violence should be charged and prosecuted from doing so.

What I'm not willing to do is dismiss intent of the vast majority of peaceful protests and protesters because of these actions.

But you do. Not a single person died at the hands of the Jan 6th protestors. Yet you describe the Jan 6th protest as a violent insurrection. On the basis of what? An unarmed Ashli Babbitt being shot dead for climbing through a door and didnt follow the instructions of a LEO?

You've been indoctrinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

But you do. Not a single person died at the hands of the Jan 6th protestors. Yet you describe the Jan 6th protest as a violent insurrection. On the basis of what? An unarmed Ashli Babbitt being shot dead for climbing through a door and didnt follow the instructions of a LEO?

So because no one died it was not violent will you give over. Also yes she was shot as she and others were trying to get at the VP and members of both houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,397 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Brian Sicknick.

The verdict I wouldn't have a problem with had he been given a fair trial.

The trial was ruled by emotion and the threat of violence.

The murder was caught on tape with a dozen eye witnesses and expert testimony.

Trying to twist this as some unfair trial is an enormous reach, with nothing to back it up.

Penn wrote: »
    Brian Sicknick.

That is just evidence of your own indoctrination. Go check back on his cause of death which was released after the dust settled. It wasn't being torn limb from limb by a mob of howling Trump fans as some believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Brian Sicknick.

No he died of a stroke and that any attack on him that day brought in on immediately. Not saying stress from that day did not help it. But I would say someone does not have to die to call it violent. I mean Sicknick was beaten and I would call that violence

That is just evidence of your own indoctrination. Go check back on his cause of death which was released after the dust settled. It wasn't being torn limb from limb by a mob of howling Trump fans as some believed.

I never said that.

I never said that.

Good recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭obi604

What do ye reckon Derek Chauvin means by this:

“There's gonna be some other information in the future that would be of interest, and I hope things will give you some peace of mind”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

22 years

Clown world

obi604 wrote: »
    What do ye reckon Derek Chauvin means by this:

“There's gonna be some other information in the future that would be of interest, and I hope things will give you some peace of mind”

Same as the other nonsense that was coming out after the initial verdict.

It gives red meat to conspiracy theorists and just enough so he can grift more money out of idiots who are donating to him and the other officers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭Cody montana

22 years

Clown world

Should have been life.

Good recovery.

Cheers. I was going to try discuss with you whether or not you think the events of Jan 6th contributed in a substantial way to the natural causes he subsequently died from, or whether violence only counts if it results in death given that there are numerous video clips of Capitol security being physically and violently attacked by rioting scumbags, but I really don't see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Voguementol

I think its a tragic case but i dont think he intended for George to die. Id view it more in the manslaughter domain. He was grossly negligent but that in my mind does not equate with the intent necessary for murder. I think he is a scapegoat for the wider movement looking for retribution. Thats not justice in mind.

Cheers. I was going to try discuss with you whether or not you think the events of Jan 6th contributed in a substantial way to the natural causes he subsequently died from, or whether violence only counts if it results in death given that there are numerous video clips of Capitol security being physically and violently attacked by rioting scumbags, but I really don't see the point.

Given the idealogical indoctrination many suffer from, it is increasingly difficult to examine issues from an objective and neutral standpoint. Far too often people take a point of view that those who disagree with their views are not just incorrect or wrong, but outright evil. Or 'scumbags' as you say yourself.

Given the idealogical indoctrination many suffer from, it is increasingly difficult to examine issues from an objective and neutral standpoint. Far too often people take a point of view that those who disagree with their views are not just incorrect or wrong, but outright evil. Or 'scumbags' as you say yourself.

People who disagree with my views aren't scumbags. Rioters are scumbags. And before you ask, yes that includes BLM rioters. All rioters.

The Capitol rioters, are scumbags. They violently attacked Capitol security and many were actively hunting for certain people to try and hurt.

You know, like scumbags do.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Six out of your last seven posts have contained the word 'indoctrination' or a form of it.

Are you sure we're the ones who have been idealogically indoctrinated here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lol you're calling people here indoctrinated whilst at the same time claiming the Capital Riots as non violent, well there was 140 injured police officers who would disagree with you
    The physical toll on officers who defended the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 attack by a pro-Trump mob is becoming clearer, with reports by police officials and federal prosecutors indicating that about 140 officers were injured, the head of the Capitol Police officers’ union said.

“I have officers who were not issued helmets prior to the attack who have sustained head injuries,” Gus Papathanasiou, union chairman, said in a statement Wednesday. “One officer has two cracked ribs and two smashed spinal discs and another was stabbed with a metal fence stake, to name some of the injuries.”

Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick died after trying to defend the Capitol from rioters. One Capitol Police officer and one D.C. police officer who were responding on the scene have died by suicide since the attack.

And since Jan. 6, 38 Capitol Police employees have tested positive for the coronavirus, almost entirely officers and supervisors who responded to the riot, Papathanasiou said.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/public-safety/police-union-says-140-officers-injured-in-capitol-riot/2021/01/27/60743642-60e2-11eb-9430-e7c77b5b0297_story.html

You should really get your head out of those far right websites and read the proper news

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 honirelandboy

Hope someone kneels on his neck for 9 minutes in prison.

Advertisement