Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Road Condition Warning thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭bbuzz

Big pothole on Ferndale Rd (Rathmichael D18), between Old Conna GC and John Scottus School.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

It's a good sign when ye can list the roads with potholes.
    I was up to a site in Cavan yesterday and back down to leixlip.
    Roads are in bits. Potholes everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28,423 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

bbuzz wrote: »
    Big pothole on Ferndale Rd (Rathmichael D18), between Old Conna GC and John Scottus School.

DLR are fairly good for doing temporary fixes when you report issues like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's quite a deep pothole that's opened up along the runway by dublin airport.
    This was filled in on Saturday. I think the shortest time I've seen between one developing and bring fixed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

This was filled in on Saturday. I think the shortest time I've seen between one developing and bring fixed.

This along the north parallel road?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this was only a couple of hundred metres from the blue long term car park.

DLR are fairly good for doing temporary fixes when you report issues like this.

Never even thought to do this, reported now.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

bbuzz wrote: »

Is this heading towards Bray? I was on that road the other direction this morning and didn't notice anything. But as I got my second puncture in 2 days I reckon I need to be forearmed

Is this heading towards Bray? I was on that road the other direction this morning and didn't notice anything. But as I got my second puncture in 2 days I reckon I need to be forearmed

Nah, heading towards Shankhill, it’s huge you won’t miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Is there a worse road surface in the entire country than the one at Kilmacurragh Arboretum? Gets worse every time I'm on it. Utterly shocking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Be careful at St. Stephens green going towards Dawson St at the Shelbourne hotel road is appalling, Pierse St also.

Avoid the road from the ward roundabout back towards Hollystown, in both directions, It has been resurfaced and i was reduced to a total standstill by tarry gravel on it. It was sticking to the tyres so well it was jamming against the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DJB030244

It’s noticeable how bad the roads are around north county Dublin
    Im absolutely sick of the all trench’s in the tarmac , they are everywhere and typically in the way of the cyclist . The one on the Ballyboghal naul road , coupled with the patchwork quilts of tarmac around ballyboughal near the garage etc
    Another one on my travels is the road from the pavilion roundabout to the Applegreen garage on the R106 . Basically the road that would bring you to waterside .. For a short stretch of road it has the compulsory Trench , a selection of shores and numerous potholes broken tar etc
    That’s before you hit the horrible traffic in the direction of the malahide rd !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was just thinking the other day whoever recovers the trenches should be made cycle over their work on 23mm tyres wearing a thin chamois before signing off on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DJB030244

I was just thinking the other day whoever recovers the trenches should be made cycle over their work on 23mm tyres wearing a thin chamois before signing off on it.

Can see it now , “me bleeding hoop is killing me”
    Need a tea break in the hut

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have a cycle from the Southern Cross Road down through Bray sometime, I have never heard of a road like that one outside where Bespoke Cycles used to be, they dig it up every 2 months, major works aswell not 2 lads with the big angle grinder, this has been going on for years, the road is completely destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thanks to Carlow County Council for recreating Strada Bianche like conditions for miles in every direction from my house.

Tons of gravel chips dumped and rolled out dry onto an existing surface a couple of weeks ago and then left alone. After a couple of weeks of cars driving on the roads and some rain all of the gravel now exists in huge piles along the side of the road and along the centre line. Corners, crossroads and any dips in the road now covered in gravel a couple of inches deep.

For the life of me I’ve no idea why they would do this. It’s scary when you hit these piles of gravel at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Goatstown Road southbound, between Our Lady’s Grove and Trimbleston.

Irish Water did some works a few weeks ago and have left it an absolute sh*tshow.

Bike lane not reinstated. New surface appears not to have been rolled. It’s pitted and so bumpy that you need to move right out to centre lane just to get past it.

Have emailed a number of councillors about it, but all say they’re waiting on irish water to come back and finish the job

DJB030244 wrote: »
    The one on the Ballyboghal naul road!
    actually, i think one of the worst roads i've ever cycled dropped down off that road - near the naul, the road down to bog of the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Roads are quite greasy out there this morning with the heavy rain after such a dry spell so take it handy folks. Even pulling away at traffic lights the rear wheel was spinning. Did a lap of Howth on the way to work and I think that was the slowest I've ever descended!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Chip and Tar season upon us in Wicklow. Started earlier in the week on the Roundwood - Ashford road (I assume includes the filter beds).
    Wicklow Municipal District wish to advise that weather permitting, surface dressing/roadworks will continue in the district from Monday 21st June 2021 at the following locations. Local access will be facilitated and traffic management will be in place.

L-5112 Ballymanus Lower, Glenealy
    L-5597 Milltown North, Rathnew
    L-5069 Ballinapark, Ashford
    R761-Newrath, Rathnew –Coolawinna, Ashford
    R750-Glen Turn- Dunbur Upper, Wicklow
    R751-Marlton Rd-Ballinteskin, Wicklow
    R764 Knockfadda Roundwood
    R765 Knockraheen –Roundwood
    L-1036 Srahmore Ballinastoe Roundwood
    L-60881-0 Trooperstown Lickeen Roundwood
    L-5587-0 Castlekevin, Annamoe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,770 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Chip and Tar season upon us in Wicklow. Started earlier in the week on the Roundwood - Ashford road (I assume includes the filter beds).

the road from Ashford to Hunters Hotel, which had a lovely smooth surface on it has been chipped - it's baffling how they choose which roads to do.

yeah, chip and tar is well underway in north county dublin too.

Plenty about east meath too

Bellewstown west side was done in last couple of weeks. It's not bad at this stage but I had a little slide halfway down on Saturday and shat myself

oh, carne's hill? that'd be fun going downhill.

it's ok, the wheeltracks are fine and seems to be enough traffic to clear it.

I'm not a great descender usually. The little slide did not improve matters

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭Macy0161

loyatemu wrote: »
    the road from Ashford to Hunters Hotel, which had a lovely smooth surface on it has been chipped - it's baffling how they choose which roads to do.
    That's one of them listed above - but the same as out of Roundwood towards Ashford opposite the Church for a km or so. Admittedly, it was shocking further on towards the Filter Beds!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

yeah, chip and tar is well underway in north county dublin too.

They did some just beyond st Margaret's. I'm scratching my head at that one.

They're also finally ripping up parts of the swords/santry road near Northwood and resurfacing it

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

One of my favourite bits of road from Dunshaughlin to dunsany also got “treated”. Not too good for gloss paintwork. Will avoid for a good few weeks

• Advertisement

ah yes, was out that was recently. at least it's not tarry, unlike the stretch i had to deal with that i mentioned above, near the ward.
    had to get petrol out to clean the tar off the bike.

Advertisement