Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

aodh_rua wrote: »
    I know someone aged 41 who got a last minute call to get to Punchestown before it closed on Sunday. I'm 1979, and still waiting.

Good to know I'm not the only one so !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

There are more people born in 1979 then any other birth year

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Accidentally

From Co Longford today. Over 40s now complete for 1st dose. Rest of the week is second dose for over 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

Is it just me or does it seem to be painfully slow for 1978 age group in Dublin. No appointment and registered 2 weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Seems to be a large number of early 40s and late 30,s getting done in a few GP surgeries near me . A few were contacted to see if they wanted it last minute and a few just chanced ringing and were told to come in this evening or first thing in the morning.
    Anyone in the early 40,s age bracket still waiting on a first jab I definitely think it would be no harm in ringing your GP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭prunudo

harr wrote: »
    Seems to be a large number of early 40s and late 30,s getting done in a few GP surgeries near me . A few were contacted to see if they wanted it last minute and a few just chanced ringing and were told to come in this evening or first thing in the morning.
    Anyone in the early 40,s age bracket still waiting on a first jab I definitely think it would be no harm in ringing your GP.

Same around here, I'm early 40s, myself and friends of similar age are all still waiting to hear back for an appointment date. On the flipside, my brother in his late 30s was able to get his first shot via the gp's, only waiting a couple of days. The gp's said the offer was only open to people who hadn't already registered via the hse portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

redved wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it seem to be painfully slow for 1978 age group in Dublin. No appointment and registered 2 weeks today.

Yep, me too.

Still waiting here. Not even an appointment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm 1978 and in tomorrow in the Helix so hopefully you'll be soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

greenkiwi1 wrote:
    Pharmacies are starting to vaccinate from the end of the week. Using Jansen single dose.

greenkiwi1 wrote:
    It is for over 50s but maybe a referral from your gp may help.

My nephew is 30 years old. Lots of medical and mental issues. His mum talked his gp into getting the J&J for him as homeless /drug dependant person. Nephew backed out at the last minute but it does show that its possible for under 50s to get j&j with the right gp

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    My nephew is 30 years old. Lots of medical and mental issues. His mum talked his gp into getting the J&J for him as homeless /drug dependant person. Nephew backed out at the last minute but it does show that its possible for under 50s to get j&j with the right gp

Peter McVerry have been sorting J&J for the people on their lists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Anyone 41 got an appointment in Kildare yet ?
    I know someone aged 41 who got a last minute call to get to Punchestown before it closed on Sunday. I'm 1979, and still waiting.

I’m July 1979 in Naas and heard nothing yet. Registered on opening day for 40-45 age group.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They were the first group to get J&J and the general plan was to vaccinate them with that vaccine. Thought it was being done through the likes of drug and homeless support centre and not GPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sleeptight

Text received today
    Appt: Friday 18th June
    Punchestown
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

2nd AZ this coming weekend. 2 weeks early.

1st- done in Radisson Hotel Limerick
    2nd- West County Hotel Ennis( neared to home so handier)
    Age 46. High Risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Yeah I'm born 1978 getting first jab this Thursday. So they are getting through them for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

is_that_so wrote:
    They were the first group to get J&J and the general plan was to vaccinate them with that vaccine. Thought it was being done through the likes of drug and homeless support centre and not GPs.

He's not homeless. With his mental issues the family thought there might be a chance of getting him to agree on one jab but not a chance of two. As it turns out the family can't get him to take the one jab. The point I was making was that his gp was able to get him a J&J at 30 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Well, I'm halfway there.

Waterford centre.

15.05 arrived at the door.
    15.08 all details taken, and I'm inside queueing.
    15.25 I'm already on the other side after vaccination given.
    15.38 holding time is over.

They have a great set up. Floor marked for distance, which everyone adhered to. Queue was flowing steady.
    Everybody so helpful and polite, and the bottle of water was very welcome at the end.

Well done to everyone involved

Oh, so far the only affect is a sore arm when I raise it. Like the muscle is bruised around where injected.

They also ask if you're right/left handed so the inject the opposite arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

And half of them are called John Paul :):)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Limerick
    Age; 42
    Reg; 1/6
    Text; 15/6
    App; 20/6
    Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yep it's not moving in anyway in Dublin.

11 of us in my group between 1978-1980 all living in Dublin not one of us called all registered since 1st June!

Nearly all of us Northsiders, we are getting left behind after mopping up for mess in Drogheda/Louth.

• Advertisement

I'm actually getting annoyed now especially as all over news/ papers that they will open 30-39 age group later this week.

Ffs will they actually get a move on with our group first.

Yea and that's grand and they should be communicating this with people and saying look we are going to have a delay with this group.

Be honest with people instead of trying to gain publicity by saying opening 30-39 year olds when they are way behind with this cohort.

Anyone born 1980 got a text yet Donnybrook area?
    Presumably that's going to be UCD or Aviva? Is the vaccinations Centre at UCD open yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Anyone have a sore arm after the Pfizer? Been like that most of the day even after taking the recommended paracetamol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭giveitholly

appledrop wrote: »
    I'm actually getting annoyed now especially as all over news/ papers that they will open 30-39 age group later this week.

Just wondering if they are waiting for the big consignment of Pfizer that is due towards the end of the month to plough through the rest of the 40s. Have heard of 43 year olds getting their first jab but none any younger than that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭bennyineire

raclle wrote: »
    Anyone have a sore arm after the Pfizer? Been like that most of the day even after taking the recommended paracetamol

Yep me, had the vaccine at 11am today, from all accounts this is expected and probably all of tomorrow too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Yea and that's grand and they should be communicating this with people and saying look we are going to have a delay with this group.

Be honest with people instead of trying to gain publicity by saying opening 30-39 year olds when they are way behind with this cohort.

It's not about publicity.
    There are centres. Greystones seems to be one looking at the thread. That will need 39 year olds soon.

The whole of Louth and Meath was short changed early on with vaccines. This has had a knock on into the surrounding areas. It will balance out soon.

You'll have your vaccine soon and the speed won't bother you. I'd say there's 18 year olds reckoning they'll get there's in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

But opening it won’t mean they get it ahead or people in early 40’s, it just allows them to get the demand estimated.

It's not about publicity.
    There are centres. Greystones seems to be one looking at the thread. That will need 39 year olds soon.

The whole of Louth and Meath was short changed early on with vaccines. This has had a knock on into the surrounding areas. It will balance out soon.

You'll have your vaccine soon and the speed won't bother you. I'd say there's 18 year olds reckoning they'll get there's in January.

I'll happily go to Greystones for my vaccine ahead of next cohort.

They sent people from Louth/Meath to Dublin so I'll go to Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    But opening it won’t mean they get it ahead or people in early 40’s, it just allows them to get the demand estimated.

But we know that's not true.

There has been people on here age 40 getting called while 47 and 48 year olds especially it seemed at time in Laois were still not done.

That's not right, there is clearly fault somewhere in system.

Advertisement