Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I went to Aviva at 08:15 on Saturday for my 12:25 appointment. They weren't too happy with me being so early but I had a letter from my CBT therapist and that did the trick. They made sure I got to a nurse who knew how to deal with trypanophobics & I was jabbed within 20 mins. With the Xanax, EMLA, & disassociation techniques, I barely noticed.

I did get body spasms in the recovery area so they moved me to a trolley in a private area for observation. I think I was there about half an hour.

I must commend the staff who were really so helpful & made the experience as stress-free as possible. Back in 4 weeks I guess.
    mahoney_j wrote: »
    Any tips for someone with a deep fear of needles ….I’ve made appointment turned up to center got out of car walked to door but just couldn’t do it ,felt physically sick ,anxious ,broke out in a cold sweat just couldn’t do it went back to car and had to sit there for good 20 minutes before I felt able to drive
    I’m not anti vax and fully understand the benefits of getting it but the fear is overriding everything else .I did phone and cancel is there any way I could get the Jansen single dose as if I can manage to get myself in to get it there’s just no way I could go thru it again I’m 42 snd if honest slightly embarrassed …..

Contact Lumpy.Monkey. She will guide you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Any tips for someone with a deep fear of needles ….I’ve made appointment turned up to center got out of car walked to door but just couldn’t do it ,felt physically sick ,anxious ,broke out in a cold sweat just couldn’t do it went back to car and had to sit there for good 20 minutes before I felt able to drive
    I’m not anti vax and fully understand the benefits of getting it but the fear is overriding everything else .I did phone and cancel is there any way I could get the Jansen single dose as if I can manage to get myself in to get it there’s just no way I could go thru it again I’m 42 snd if honest slightly embarrassed …..

Pharmacies are starting to vaccinate from the end of the week. Using Jansen single dose.

It is for over 50s but maybe a referral from your gp may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Myself and the missus (both 40), both registered on 5th June within 20 mins of each other - she got her date (16th June) on 9th June - I haven't heard anything. Just posting by way of reference for others - I'm in no rush as imagine there are others in greater need for various reasons so happy to let fate take care of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Paddigol wrote: »
    Myself and the missus (both 40), both registered on 5th June within 20 mins of each other - she got her date (16th June) on 9th June - I haven't heard anything. Just posting by way of reference for others - I'm in no rush as imagine there are others in greater need for various reasons so happy to let fate take care of things...

That's very interesting. You would think that with the same Eircode and age range you would at least be within a few days of each other? You would wonder what way the algorithm works alright. But sit tight, your time will come

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Just had mine done in Carrick on Shannon. Spent about 3 minutes in total queueing. Probably no more than a minute or two answering questions and getting the vaccine. Now just waiting out the 15 mins. Very, very efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Paddigol wrote: »

I'm 42, and wife is 40. Registered same day. She's going tomorrow to get first dose and I haven't heard anything yet. All very strange, but don't mind hanging on once I know it's coming..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TurboTerror

Just had mine done in Carrick on Shannon. Spent about 3 minutes in total queueing. Probably no more than a minute or two answering questions and getting the vaccine. Now just waiting out the 15 mins. Very, very efficient.

Congrats great to have it done, both of us still waiting for appointment for Carrick. But if they only vaccinate twice a week we might be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

seems like there’s delays in Cork now alright, uncle is getting his second dose 33 days after his first. Know another person who got his first the same day and no sign yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

Had mine done this morning with the exact same efficiency

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Sister in law just got phonecall to go for her first vax.

Age 40

Today

Enniscorthy vac hub

Pfizer.

Mrs Bottom got hers this morning in enniscorthy she is 42 and I got mine last week in enniscorthy I'm 40. They flying through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Mostlycloudy

Has anyone been called for the Helix recently? Just wondering what age they are up to. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

40/1980
    Reg 02.06.2021
    Text 11.06.2021
    App 15.06.2021
    Meath.

What's the advice re consent? Just ignore it on the portal and complete it at the vaccination centre.

Got my 1st jab this morning. Seemed to be a long queue in front of me - approx 100 (based on ground markers). It moved very fast - about 45 mins to get through it.

Credit to all involved, it runs like clockwork. We're very quick to kick ourselves and indeed our public services but what I saw today was a well oiled machine. Right down to the person cleaning the chairs after people waited for 15 mins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    53, registered 19/5.
    Text 21/5.
    Citywest 22/5, moderna.

Text #2 today.
    Citywest 19/6.
    Moderna #2.

28 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭Russman

FWIW a friend of the family (age 69) got AZ eight weeks ago today. They got a text last night for the second dose this coming Friday, so it looks like they're bringing the gap down. My mother, also age 69, had her first dose on the same day in the same MVC but hasn't heard anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Got my 1st jab this morning. Seemed to a long queue in front of me - approx 100 (based on ground markers). It moved very fast - about 45 mins to get through it.

Credit to all involved, it runs like clockwork. We're very quick to kick ourselves and indeed our public services but what I was today was a well oiled machine. Right down to the person cleaning the chairs after people waited for 15 mins.

Totally agree its fantastic to see how well its working. Once the supply is there it's bang bang bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Romero

Had my first Astra Z dose on 1st of April in City West but got a text this morning for my second dose of Astra Z tomorrow but location has changed to UCD so changed venue for some reason? Btw is parking free in UCD for Covid as anytime I've been over there on campus it was quite expensive to park up there

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Has anyone been called for the Helix recently? Just wondering what age they are up to. Thanks.

Hi Mostlycloudy, the Helix seems to be starting on the 1978s (42/43) tomorrow and on Thursday. (From this thread it's clear there are still lots of 1978s still waiting for appointments too.)

I haven't heard of any confirmed appointments there past Thursday so would be curious to know if anyone's gotten an appointment for the weekend? I'm 1979 myself so hoping to get one soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭omega man

Got my first jab today (Pfizer) in Dundalk, Fairways hotel.
    I have to say it was so efficiently run so well done to all involved. Staff were very friendly but no messing around, in and out in no time!

Arm is a little sore, specifically the muscle around the jab area. While in the waiting area post jab I felt fine until a staff member asked if I was OK and no dizziness or fast heart rate etc. It was then I started to imagine symptoms!! All good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

seems like there’s delays in Cork now alright, uncle is getting his second dose 33 days after his first. Know another person who got his first the same day and no sign yet.

Pfizer or Moderna ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

I went to Aviva at 08:15 on Saturday for my 12:25 appointment. They weren't too happy with me being so early but I had a letter from my CBT therapist and that did the trick. They made sure I got to a nurse who knew how to deal with trypanophobics & I was jabbed within 20 mins. With the Xanax, EMLA, & disassociation techniques, I barely noticed.

I did get body spasms in the recovery area so they moved me to a trolley in a private area for observation. I think I was there about half an hour.

I must commend the staff who were really so helpful & made the experience as stress-free as possible. Back in 4 weeks I guess.

Well done Lumpy monkey .
    I was thinking about you and hoping all would go well. Delighted you got through it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭mollser

Was in Citywest on Sunday for pfizer jab #1, appointment time 2:45. Arrived a little early, but the lads said to carry on in, I was back in the car in the 25 minutes max. It was so slick and fast, I really have to give them huge credit for how well it is run.

When I turned the corner to the actual aisle of vacinnators, it was like walking up the strip in Magaluf - they were all outside their cubicles chasing you to come in to their one - very entertaining!

What impressed me most was, even though it was just after lunch and clearly the queues hadn't formed by then, there was real urgency about it such that they were really trying to avoid queues building - not easy to keep that level of enthusiasm going when its quiet...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

forestgirl wrote: »
    Pfizer or Moderna ?
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Romero wrote: »
    Had my first Astra Z dose on 1st of April in City West but got a text this morning for my second dose of Astra Z tomorrow but location has changed to UCD so changed venue for some reason? Btw is parking free in UCD for Covid as anytime I've been over there on campus it was quite expensive to park up there
    They allocate a vaccine to a centre each day and guessing that UCD is about the right size for the quantity they want to give out. It also means that the Aviva can stick with Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

xboxdad wrote: »
    I would like to think security/organizers would be helpful in situations like this.
    I'd definitely try to talk to them. Ppl with conditions like yours should be able to skip the queue in my view.

It's just a back injury - so not really used to figuring this stuff out. Timing is a bit unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 chebas

my parents told me when they went to helix that there are attendants outside with wheelchairs so I'm sure you can use one if hopefully where you go there are some there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

Romero wrote: »

Almost all parking in UCD is free out of term. This centre only opened after the main undergraduate year had finished for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Anyone 41 got an appointment in Kildare yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Hi Mostlycloudy, the Helix seems to be starting on the 1978s (42/43) tomorrow and on Thursday. (From this thread it's clear there are still lots of 1978s still waiting for appointments too.)

I haven't heard of any confirmed appointments there past Thursday so would be curious to know if anyone's gotten an appointment for the weekend? I'm 1979 myself so hoping to get one soon.

Was there yesterday for the 1st jab and born '78. Only got the text a day before that so might be that you can get a cancellation or something. Have no idea what age the people vaccinated that day were but most of them looked a lot older than me. :p

Oh, and to anyone worried about standing in line and not being able to because of health issues, it only took about fifteen minutes to get in and this was in the afternoon. They also have porters and chairs so definitely let the people know if you cannot stand there and wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Anyone 41 got an appointment in Kildare yet ?

I know someone aged 41 who got a last minute call to get to Punchestown before it closed on Sunday. I'm 1979, and still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Got appointment for second dose of AZ for Friday morning at the Helix. First dose was 12 weeks ago today.

32 years old based in Dublin. Priority 2 as a front line worker.

Advertisement