Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

42 (1978)
    Got appointment today for Friday in Punchestown

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

appledrop wrote: »
    I'll happily go to Greystones for my vaccine ahead of next cohort.

They sent people from Louth/Meath to Dublin so I'll go to Wicklow.

One can only assume that spread will be done gradually. They can't just flick a switch and do that.

Maybe for the 30 to 34s some south Dublin be sent down.

On top of this being difficult they had a hack of the entire software system.

Youre 2 or 3 years behind Wicklow.
    Meath was 15 behind!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Anyone getting 2nd vaccines in Cork? How many days notice is given?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SlinkyL

Registered 4th June, vaxxed on 9th.
    Pfizer, 1978, Dublin DCU

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

But we know that's not true.

There has been people on here age 40 getting called while 47 and 48 year olds especially it seemed at time in Laois were still not done.

That's not right, there is clearly fault somewhere in system.

It's really not a major issue. They could coordinate everything more precisely so every vaccination centre moved though the age cohorts at the same pace, but given the different age demographics and other cohorts requiring vaccines, it would slow things down massively.
    There is no major delay for the vast majority of people who register. Nobody in the 40-45 age group has been waiting more than 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

raclle wrote: »
    Anyone have a sore arm after the Pfizer? Been like that most of the day even after taking the recommended paracetamol

Yeah I had mine last Thursday and sore arm like you got a punch on it lasted about 48 hours.

Anyone I know personally that has had Pfizer also had same sore arm. The wife got done today and she has it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Helix, Dublin
    Age; 44
    Reg; 2/6
    Text; 4/6
    App; 8/6
    Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Yeah I had mine last Thursday and sore arm like you got a punch on it lasted about 48 hours.

Anyone I know personally that has had Pfizer also had same sore arm. The wife got done today and she has it too.

Aye I had a minor sore arm, the nurse who did mine made sure my muscle was relaxed before injecting which she claimed reduced the soreness afterwards, I have to say it seemed to work as my arm was a lot less sore than my wifes as far as we could ascertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Yea and that's grand and they should be communicating this with people and saying look we are going to have a delay with this group.

Be honest with people instead of trying to gain publicity by saying opening 30-39 year olds when they are way behind with this cohort.

I agree. I dont know anyone in the 1978 to 1981 cohort in dublin who has received their appointment nearly 2 weeks in. Yet that fool Donnelly keeps spinning that 30+ can register "soon" - at this rate itll be another 2 months before an actual 30 year old gets an actual jab in their arm , but never let that stop them trying to give the impression they are further ahead than they are.

I'd imagine the snails pace is related to this - 450k 2nd dose AZ to be prioritised for asap, to be factored into the 40-45s getting dose 1

https://www.rte.ie/news/2021/0615/1228316-astrazeneca-ireland-vaccine-rollout/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Something_Cool

One can only assume that spread will be done gradually. They can't just flick a switch and do that.

Maybe for the 30 to 34s some south Dublin be sent down.

On top of this being difficult they had a hack of the entire software system.

Youre 2 or 3 years behind Wicklow.
    Meath was 15 behind!!

41 (nearly 42) in Greystones and still waiting. I know two other 42 year olds in the area that have heard nothing either (text or portal). Husband 44, had his done on Tues 8th. Sorry to disappoint folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭prunudo

It's not about publicity.
    There are centres. Greystones seems to be one looking at the thread. That will need 39 year olds soon.

The whole of Louth and Meath was short changed early on with vaccines. This has had a knock on into the surrounding areas. It will balance out soon.

You'll have your vaccine soon and the speed won't bother you. I'd say there's 18 year olds reckoning they'll get there's in January.

Not sure about that, anyone I know in the 43-40 group haven't even got a date for appointment. All registered 10-14 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

.42. wrote: »
    I’m July 1979 in Naas and heard nothing yet. Registered on opening day for 40-45 age group.

Im july 1980 and registered on opening day and have heard nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Im july 1980 and registered on opening day and have heard nothing

I see someone got a text at 42 yesterday so hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

40-43 seems to be very much still in the queue, hopefully appointments go out over rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's not about publicity.
    There are centres. Greystones seems to be one looking at the thread. That will need 39 year olds soon.

The whole of Louth and Meath was short changed early on with vaccines. This has had a knock on into the surrounding areas. It will balance out soon.

You'll have your vaccine soon and the speed won't bother you. I'd say there's 18 year olds reckoning they'll get there's in January.
    Second doses will slow that down, especially the 450K AZ needed over the next five weeks.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Second doses will slow that down, especially the 450K AZ needed over the next five weeks.

They will do Pfizer, Moderna and Astra Zeneca, not or

Yeah, but they assign certain vaccines per day to centres. With so many AZ and second shots of Pfizer that implies a slower rate of first shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

There are only so many vaccinators so I presume the rollout will be slightly delayed until the AZ is done

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    There are only so many vaccinators so I presume the rollout will be slightly delayed until the AZ is done
    At a guess one would expect the under 40s to start properly about mid July, with the final group registering early July.

Yes we understand that they can jab different vaccines concurrently- but bringing forward 450k doses (under the old rules not due for another 8 weeks) will delay things for people due now. Which is very clearly behind the delays many 40-45 year olds are reporting here.

Just like the need to clear backlog in louth meath seems to have delayed the last cohort.

It's fine in the grand scheme of things, at least we are on the list - but the govt spinning it like 30 year olds will be done imminently is particularly galling for those 10 years older now waiting 2 weeks even for an appointment.

I understood a 3 week wait for an appt was a worst case scenario (hence why at that point you get handed over to the escalation team). Some posters here trying to give the impression 3 weeks was the target waiting time, which is not the case imo.

• Advertisement

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Yes we understand that they can jab different vaccines concurrently- but bringing forward 450k doses (under the old rules not due for another 8 weeks) will delay things for people due now. Which is very clearly behind the delays many 40-45 year olds are reporting here.

Just like the need to clear backlog in louth meath seems to have delayed the last cohort.

It's fine in the grand scheme of things, at least we are on the list - but the govt spinning it like 30 year olds will be done imminently is particularly galling for those 10 years older now waiting 2 weeks even for an appointment.

I understood a 3 week wait for an appt was a worst case scenario (hence why at that point you get handed over to the escalation team). Some posters here trying to give the impression 3 weeks was the target waiting time, which is not the case imo.

The 40-45 year old are flying - its the largest group however

The 40-45 year old are flying - its the largest group however

Where is the evidence for "flying it" with multiple posters on here saying neither they nor any of their peers have appointments?

Are you waiting yourself? Because I am and all my peers are.

Where is the evidence for "flying it" with multiple posters on here saying neither they nor any of their peers have appointments?

43 - done last Saturday. Wife 40, scheduled this Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭bennyineire

All my friends in the 43 to 44 bracket were vaccinated last week in Tullamore

42 and 41 been done this week

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

43 - done last Saturday. Wife 40, scheduled this Saturday

Where are you located? Wondering if the slowdown is limited to the greater Dublin area (nobody I know 42 or younger has an appointment) or are the outliers in the places where 42 and younger do have appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

42, done over a week now

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

age 52 (now 53)
    1st pfizer 20th May (Thurs) Greystones

2nd dose
    text 15th June
    app 20th June (Sunday) Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

I’ve had the AZ way back in April and got text to have second dose Friday so they’re pretty fast , I’m in the very vurnerable group

The irony is so many of my pals fully vaccinated before me

With regards to the Greystones centre and I’m assuming all of them … I know quite a few who chanced their arms ( pardon the pun ) and went down in the evening and they got done as there was left over vaccine …
    Sorry not a bit poster but always reading here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I see someone got a text at 42 yesterday so hopefully soon

My brother in law- 1979-lives in Kill got his appointment for Punchestown yesterday.
    I'm 1978 - Celbridge, still waiting. We've to go to Citywest, so that's prob the delay.
    Friends in the area 1977 have got their jabs over the weekend

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    Where are you located? Wondering if the slowdown is limited to the greater Dublin area (nobody I know 42 or younger has an appointment) or are the outliers in the places where 42 and younger do have appointments.

Galway.

The demographic bulge is larger in Dublin in the 30s / 40s age bracket which may account for the apparent delays

Advertisement