Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

Had my second AstraZ vaccine done in Beaumont hospital yesterday. When I arrived the queue was pretty big and I thought... here we go again same crap as last time. But actually the queue moved quick enough and I was only 20 minutes past my appointment time when I got my jab so I was happy with that.

It was definitely a lot more "business like" this time, last time (March) it was chat and laughs even though there was a big queue. This time it was like... terms and conditions apply speech. But I didn't mind just get it done with. So I'm done and not side effects which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I’m suspecting that where there’s a big cluster of healthcare workers eg Dublin and Cork, they may be balancing between AZ second doses and new mRNA doses for 40-45. Might explain why the cities are taking longer.

It also may be just pure demographics. I’m sure that age group may be a much larger % of some urban areas than the midlands etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Hrududu wrote: »
    I can never find the login option for the portal. Is it somewhere obvious and I’m just being dim?

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/SelfRegister

Click on already have an an account at the bottom and log in therr

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Are people getting text four weeks after first Pfizer dose in MVC ,s
    Just wondering if the texts are coming for recommended 4 week interval

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Friend of mine in Cork City has same issue - 1979. His partner born in 1977 got an appointment for this week. He hasn’t had a text and has been checking the portal regularly.
    They’re assuming it’s the City Hall venue, not PUC.

I’m aware of several ppl 1979 to 1981 who haven’t heard anything in Cork.

There’s a bit of a myth on this thread that Cork had flown through the entire age range. That doesn’t seem to be the case. I think we’re just hearing about outliers.
    My mother is due her second dose tomorrow and has heard absolutely nothing. Got her first dose in PUC. Not sure if Cork has slowed down or what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

A neighbour aged 68 has been given an appointment in Dublin for second AZ vaccine. 8 weeks and one day after the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,166 ✭✭✭plodder

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Are people getting text four weeks after first Pfizer dose in MVC ,s
    Just wondering if the texts are coming for recommended 4 week interval
    Yes, just got my second dose today, 28 days after the first. The Mrs getting hers tomorrow which will be 29. It's been within one day for anyone I know.

My mother is due her second dose tomorrow and has heard absolutely nothing. Got her first dose in PUC. Not sure if Cork has slowed down or what.
    I was told today that a lot of people have not been getting the texts. I'd call about it.

plodder wrote: »
    Yes, just got my second dose today, 28 days after the first. The Mrs getting hers tomorrow which will be 29. It's been within one day for anyone I know.

Thank you . Was the text short notice ? A family member due 2nd dose on Thursday but no text yet .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thank you . Was the text short notice ? A family member due 2nd dose on Thursday but no text yet .
    I got the text on Thursday evening. They seem to be sent around 5pm each day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

I was told today that a lot of people have not been getting the texts. I'd call about it.

She just rang HSE and they seemed to just say wait it out. Bit frustrating as I thought the 28 day gap was being followed give or take a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I’ve had family members get texts at lunch time too.

I’m not sure that there’s any fixed time they go out.

She got the text at 4:45 !! Second dose of Pfizer bang on 28 days !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bazza1

Got appointment for 2nd AZ this Thursday. 10 weeks after first but going to a different vaccination centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

It's 10 weeks now since I got my first AZ.

Interesting to see that some on here have been getting called for their second AZ after 8 weeks or so.

I wonder how they're deciding to call people "early" for their second AZ jab.

No word or communication received regarding my second appointment as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dunneg

Anyone know what age group have been receiving appointment notifications today (Monday 14th June)?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

dunneg wrote: »
    Anyone know what age group have been receiving appointment notifications today (Monday 14th June)?

Probably what's left of the over 40s - it doesn't look like it's a specific age.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

dunneg wrote: »

Probably depends on what part of the country you are in. I got my notification today for tomorrow and I'm 1978, my neighbour across the road also got it today and he's 1980.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Tope

I've been following this thread avidly, and then forgot to add my own timeline...

Myself and my partner are in Dublin 1.

I'm 45.
    Text received: Wednesday 9 June
    Appointment: Sunday 13 June, Croke Park
    Vaccine: Pfizer

My OH is 44, he registered the first day for 44 year olds.
    Text received: Thursday 10 June
    Appointment: Today (Monday 14 June) in Croke Park
    Vaccine: Pfizer

I was in and out in half an hour. Sore arm last night and a bit sleepy, but feeling grand now.
    My OH is currently up there waiting for his turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Probably depends on what part of the country you are in. I got my notification today for tomorrow and I'm 1978, my neighbour across the road also got it today and he's 1980.

Hi rainbow trout, that's interesting that your neighbour got their notification on the same day as you, even though there's a 2yr age gap. Which MVC did you get an appointment for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi rainbow trout, that's interesting that your neighbour got their notification on the same day as you, even though there's a 2yr age gap. Which MVC did you get an appointment for?

Carrick on Shannon. From what I hear locally it only operates two days a week. I'm expecting to see a fair few locals there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sarnia

I am1978 and still no text. Registered on 4th June. Logged several times now and still "Awaiting Appointment 1"

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭shane b

I'm 43 and got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. A week between registering and my appointment today.

Dont know how wait times are in other centres, I was in the citywest centre today and it took 2.5 hrs from once I joined the queue at 4pm till I was walking out the door at 6.30. I haven't seen so many people in 1 place in months.
    Lot of people seemed to have 4 pm appointments.

Sarnia wrote: »
    I am1978 and still no text. Registered on 4th June. Logged several times now and still "Awaiting Appointment 1"

My neighbour, also 1978, registered after me, already got the first jab. Nothing for me. I am getting annoyed at this stage.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sarnia wrote: »
    Same as myself. Whereabouts are you based? In D5 myself but others I know, also born in '78, have heard nothing either. Doesn't seem to be many 42 year olds and younger done at all in Dublin so I can't see them opening the portal very soon for 35-39 if they're not even halfway through the last group.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭pjq

58 , got text today for 2nd Jab on Thu
    Pfizer
    WIT
    30 days intervil

ixoy wrote: »
    Same as myself. Whereabouts are you based? In D5 myself but others I know, also born in '78, have heard nothing either. Doesn't seem to be many 42 year olds and younger done at all in Dublin so I can't see them opening the portal very soon for 35-39 if they're not even halfway through the last group.

I am from Bray,
    I wonder if there is even sense to call HSE, most likely would be told to wait my turn...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

shane b wrote: »
    I'm 43 and got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine today. A week between registering and my appointment today.

Dont know how wait times are in other centres, I was in the citywest centre today and it took 2.5 hrs from once I joined the queue at 4pm till I was walking out the door at 6.30. I haven't seen so many people in 1 place in months.
    Lot of people seemed to have 4 pm appointments.
    Similar at nearly two hours for me yesterday for a 4pm appointment, it seems CityWest is the exception to the rule in that most people are in and out of the others. You'd wonder would it be better to arrive late but you wouldn't risk it, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

After last weeks cluster ****, today was smooth. A rescheduled date from a cancelled date and on home ground.

Age - 49
    Registered - Early May
    Appointment date - 10/06/21 in UCD
    Cancelled - 9/06/21
    Rescheduled for 14/06/21 in Portlaoise.

Job done today in literally half an hour.

Pfiezer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Similar at nearly two hours for me yesterday for a 4pm appointment, it seems CityWest is the exception to the rule in that most people are in and out of the others. You'd wonder would it be better to arrive late but you wouldn't risk it, either.

I had my second shot 10 days ago in Citywest. All done in 25 minutes (including the 15 wait after). Seems to be a lot of variability.

Advertisement