Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Text: 10th June
    Appointment: 11th June
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

Text: 11th June
    Vaccination: 17th June
    Pfizer
    Limerick racecourse

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Finn Dub

Text: 10th June
    Vaccination: 13th June
    Pfizer
    Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

ongarite wrote: »
    Appointment: 19th June
    Vaccine: Moderna

Wow in just one week Navan has really caught up! That's great that you got a weekend appointment and a week's notice. Best of luck for it!
    A friend of mine (41-1979) has gotten the same appointment as you but unfortunately has to reschedule...

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Do the appointments keep going out over the weekend or is there going to be a lull until Monday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭appledrop

Glad Navan is moving, maybe we have a chance now for North County Dublin to get sorted, we are now way behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

appledrop wrote: »
    Glad Navan is moving, maybe we have a chance now for North County Dublin to get sorted, we are now way behind.

Fairyhouse opening might help here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

aaaah thanks. Mine isn't until lunchtime. I'm going there for 8am !

I joined the aviva queue at 8.25 yesterday and my card says vaccinated at 8.57.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Erin_M

Appointment: 17th June

Husband is 43
    Appointment: 16th June

Eta: live in North County Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Haven’t seen any posts for the Aviva for ages, anyone know what age they are down to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I was one of the frontline workers who got AstraZ on March 3rd. 12 weeks went by and talk was of mixing vaccines etc. as they weren't giving AstraZ to under 50s.

I got a text to say I'm getting second AstraZ vaccine tomorrow Sunday 13th June at 10.40 in Beaumont hospital.

Hope the queue isn't as bad as last time, took 2 hours in total and it wasn't the nicest experience. Overcrowding in hot corridors with not the required distance. There were only 4 booths doing the vaccine. Felt so sorry for them. They were 1 hour behind by time I got to them and I was early in morning. It had a huge knock-on effect as day went on I heard.

Still I'm happy to be getting my second vaccine. I would have take a mix of vaccine if it was offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭KayeQ

Vaccination: 15th June
    Pfizer
    Carlow IT

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

nibtrix wrote: »
    Haven’t seen any posts for the Aviva for ages, anyone know what age they are down to?

Was wondering the same thing. Last one I heard was 43, two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Do we get 1st and 2nd doses at the same MVC always? Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

I know someone 43 getting vaccinated there next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

I got a text this morning offering me a 2nd dose of Moderna next week. The only thing is that the date is only 20 days after my first dose. I thought it was too early and so I did some googling. As per the HSE website, a there is not enough information on the efficacy of a 2nd Moderna dose administered under 24 days and in the US, a dose given between 24 and 28 days is to be reported as an early dose but is still a valid vaccination . The appointment sounds too soon to me and am going to defer. Just wondered if anyone else had this situation?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Mr.S wrote: »
    42's starting next week.

My younger sibling is 40 and registered on Monday. No appointment text yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Mr.S wrote: »
    42's starting next week.

Do you know what day next week that the Aviva are starting 42 year olds? If some 43 year olds are on Wednesday, I guess 42 year olds are towards the end of next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Think they're doing second doses for mid 50s at the moment

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I was at my local GP yesterday for something unrelated to Covid, Cohort 7 and vaccines. They didn't and won't vaccinate anyone under 70 and luckily I managed to get it somewhere else. When I turned up for my appointment, I said I'd prefer to wait outside as I am asthmatic. I waited outside, when my turn came up he came out asked me in. No mention of the vaccine from either of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

pcasso wrote: »
    Spouse
    AGE 58
    REGISTERED DATE - 5 may
    VACINATION DATE - 16 May
    LOCATION - Croke Park
    VACINE - Pfizer

MYSELF
    AGE 56
    REGISTERED DATE - 7 may
    VACINATION DATE - 19 May
    LOCATION - Croke Park
    VACINE - Pfizer
    MOOD - Over the feckin moon.:)

PS I got the information off my account on the portal. No text message yet but I am going with or without one.:cool:
    Second jab for the better half on June 13th, exactly twenty eight days after the first.
    I am due my second on the 17th June, twenty nine days after the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,897 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

larko wrote:
    Still I'm happy to be getting my second vaccine. I would have take a mix of vaccine if it was offered.

It should have been offered imo to anyone under 50. They are going against official advice by not doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

I was at Aviva in the morning. It was very busy, took me about an hour to get in and out.

From what I could see in the morning 80% were getting the second shot. That may be the reason for new appointment slowdown in Aviva in last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭D n G

Lucan, Co Dublin
    Age 53
    2nd vaccination (Pfizer)
    Appointment text received yesterday 11 June
    Vaccination Monday June 14
    Centre: City West

First shot was May 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

rks wrote: »
    I was at Aviva in the morning. It was very busy, took me about an hour to get in and out.

From what I could see in the morning 80% were getting the second shot. That may be the reason for new appointment slowdown in Aviva in last few days.
    It's the same elsewhere with second AZ and mRNA shots and is going to be a continuing feature of the programme. Some people are blinkered to anything but when they will get their own first shot and why it's been delayed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Whocare

I'm 31 so near time . When you register can you specify weekend booking (as I be working during week can take day off if needed but prefer not to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Whocare wrote: »
    I'm 31 so near time . When you register can you specify weekend booking (as I be working during week can take day off if needed but prefer not to

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭appledrop

Eh no it's whenever and whereever they decide.

In fairness don't know any employer who hadn't given people time off and in fairness a lot of them are done at weekend in large centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

Wife (health care worker) just got appointment for 2nd dose of AZ at Cork City Hall on Friday 18th June, exactly 10 weeks after shot 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was in and out in 30 mins including parking walking etc no need to take full day

Advertisement