Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It also puts plenty of nerves people at ease. If you have a genuine phobia then you should have gone through your gp who can cater for your needs.

My son is late 20s with the same phobia. GP is happy to give him the vaccine when his age group comes up. His phobia shouldn't let him skip the queue but he has a recognised condition that allows his gp to vaccinate.

It really depends on the GP. Some stopped after cohort 4.

I think there should be a better way to accommodate people in this situation.

Lumpy if you are over 50 you'll soon be able to get J&J in a pharmacy. That would probably be easier to handle and you'd be in a private room rather than being surrounded by people at an MVC. It would be less rushed too and you could explain to the pharmacist that you have a phobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

rks wrote: »
    I think its 9AM. What time is your appointment?

aaaah thanks. Mine isn't until lunchtime. I'm going there for 8am !

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It also puts plenty of nerves people at ease. If you have a genuine phobia then you should have gone through your gp who can cater for your needs.

My son is late 20s with the same phobia. GP is happy to give him the vaccine when his age group comes up. His phobia shouldn't let him skip the queue but he has a recognised condition that allows his gp to vaccinate.

I initially went through my GP's clinic, but was told I had to apply through the website and would get allocated the GP. He was only vaccinating for a short time so was finished when I got allocated Aviva instead the first time.
    It's a pity as my exposure therapy nurse is at the same clinic.

Thank you everyone for the support.

Does anyone know the opening time at Aviva? i want to go as early as possible to give myself the best chance of success.

Interesting info from HSE helpline just now - this from some who said she was based in Cork.

The vaccination centres do not have set hours of opening & closing - it all depends on the vaccine allocation, how many they want to vaccinate, and how many staff they have available. This can change per centre & per day.
    Also, the HSE call centre don't have visibility of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Interesting info from HSE helpline just now - this from some who said she was based in Cork.

The vaccination centres do not have set hours of opening & closing - it all depends on the vaccine allocation, how many they want to vaccinate, and how many staff they have available. This can change per centre & per day.
    I was told recently that The Helix was going to a 12 hour shift, so not sure how much credence something like this has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

My appointment is at 9.30am tomorrow so I thought it will at least be open by 9am or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

aaaah thanks. Mine isn't until lunchtime. I'm going there for 8am !

And this is why we have big queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ffocused

Kildare South
    Age 43
    Registered 2nd June
    Pfizer
    Monday 14th
    IT Carlow

Did not get a text about it yet, have been checking my online account every day and it finally showed up as scheduled this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Panrich wrote: »

Do you even know why she is going early?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭forestgirl

Panrich wrote: »

Lumpy.monkey is doing their very best to get vaccinated and is extremely anxious about this whole situation and I have to say fair play for perseverance considering the phobia, it's extra difficult as they have already tried and had a panic attack which is making tomorrow even more difficult for them.
    I think unless you suffer phobias or panic attacks it's very hard to understand them.
    Good luck in the morning lumpy.monkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mister Know It Not

Co. Galway
    Age 54
    2nd vaccination (Moderna)
    Appointment text received today
    Vaccination Monday June 14, Galway Racecourse
    First shot was May 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW Lumpy Monkey . We will be rooting for you

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Aldarjes

Co. Cork
    Aged 51
    Registered 12th May
    Appointment 13th June
    Janssen vaccine

After five phone calls to the HSE helpline over the last month and promises that my case had been escalated, appointment text received today!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

A bunch of text gone out today for wexford by looks of it. A load of people I know all got appointments for Sunday to Tuesday next week and all ages 42-43.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Co. Galway
    Age 54
    2nd vaccination (Moderna)
    Appointment text received today
    Vaccination Monday June 14, Galway Racecourse
    First shot was May 17.

See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Aldarjes wrote: »
    Co. Cork
    Aged 51
    Registered 12th May
    Appointment 13th June
    Janssen vaccine

After five phone calls to the HSE helpline over the last month and promises that my case had been escalated, appointment text received today!

Why 5 calls to the HSE and escalating things? You registered on the 12th May, they say you SHOULD get an appointment within 3 weeks of registering. Yours was 4 weeks. Hardly forgot you for months. These lads are working their asses off don’t forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

40/1980
    Reg 02.06.2021
    Text 11.06.2021
    App 15.06.2021
    Meath.

What's the advice re consent? Just ignore it on the portal and complete it at the vaccination centre.

Hi, which vaccination center did you get? Navan? Or is Fairyhouse opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,003 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Why 5 calls to the HSE and escalating things? You registered on the 12th May, they say you SHOULD get an appointment within 3 weeks of registering. Yours was 4 weeks. Hardly forgot you for months. These lads are working their asses off don’t forget!

Nonsense. Its nothing to do with how hard they are working but how robust and glitch free the algorithm for assigning appointments is.

Peoples eircodes falling through the system. People not getting the text for appointments and then being forgotten about.

Poster was damn right to escalate. Thats what SLAs and escalation processes are there for, when the algorithm hits a glitch.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Mid 40s in Dublin.

Called HSE Live yesterday as was wondering if I was lost in the system after registering based on what I was reading here and had heard friends in similar age bracket getting their appointments.

Just as well I did, seems I got sent a text 4 days ago for an appointment this afternoon. I never got it....anyway got the Pfizer one today :)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Nonsense. Its nothing to do with how hard they are working but how robust and glitch free the algorithm for assigning appointments is.

Peoples eircodes falling through the system. People not getting the text for appointments and then being forgotten about.

Poster was damn right to escalate. Thats what SLAs and escalation processes are there for, when the algorithm hits a glitch.

Here we go, my opinion is nonsense because you’ve got an issue with the rollout.

If you read what I wrote objectively then you might understand my point!

So everyone should add strain on an already strained system because of waiting 4 weeks not 3. And 5 calls would have had to have started at 3 weeks latest to get an appointment for the 4th week so complaining within the 3 week notice period is not on when that’s within SLA

Maybe others are falling between the cracks because of people complaining with nothing to complain about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Here we go, my opinion is nonsense because you’ve got an issue with the rollout.

So everyone should add strain on an already strained system because of waiting 4 weeks not 3. And 5 calls would have had to have started at 3 weeks latest to get an appointment for the 4th week so complaining within the 3 week notice period is not on when that’s within SLA

Maybe others are falling between the cracks because of people complaining with nothing to complain about!

Say you're great craic at a party.

The system is glitching loads of examples on this page of people not getting appointmnets due to glitches and if they hadn't called up they would of been missed.

Don't forget that if you have one person in their 50s not vaccinated and a load of people on their 40s and younger getting vaccinated it's not any bennifit to the general population so I'm glad he called and got himself sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭CBCB

42. Northside Dublin just received apt for Thurs 17th in the Helix .

It's nonsense when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You'll have to explain how the OP phoning up a helpdesk places more strain on an automated IT application responsible for the initial allocation of vaccines.
    Of course, no matter glitches the vaccine rollout has, there will always be some people who defend it no matter how ineptly.

Read the thread "objectively" if you want to understand the kind of glitches that have occurred and don't just defend the rollout.

It's nonsense when you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You'll have to explain how the OP phoning up a helpdesk places more strain on an automated IT application responsible for the initial allocation of vaccines.
    Of course, no matter glitches the vaccine rollout has, there will always be some people who defend it no matter how ineptly.

Read the thread "objectively" if you want to understand the kind of glitches that have occurred and don't just defend the rollout.

What are you on about, where did I mention all of the ‘glitches’

The OP got their appointment 4 weeks after registering. 1 week after the 3 week SLA of ‘should’ receive an appointment.

They stated that was after 5 phone calls complaining. The timeline means they would have been complaining inside the SLA of ‘should’ in 3 weeks!

So this person has taken up someone’s time on 5 occasions to sort their appointment when they haven’t even gone past the 3 week wait period.

Bringing other instances into it to suit your narrative and weakly backup your ‘nonsense’ attack on me doesn’t stand up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hi, which vaccination center did you get? Navan? Or is Fairyhouse opening?

Naaaavan

What are you on about, where did I mention all of the ‘glitches’
    The OP got their appointment 4 weeks after registering. 1 week after the 3 week SLA of ‘should’ receive an appointment.
    They stated that was after 5 phone calls complaining. The timeline means they would have been complaining inside the SLA of ‘should’ in 3 weeks!
    So this person has taken up someone’s time on 5 occasions to sort their appointment when they haven’t even gone past the 3 week wait period.
    Bringing other instances into it to suit your narrative and weakly backup your ‘nonsense’ attack on me doesn’t stand up!

So according to you they should just sit tight and put all their faith in the system which has obvious glitches as attested to on this forum? And hope you haven't fallen into one of the glitches in the system and stuck in limbo.
    Or you could, you know, phone the helpline that's been provided for such issues when you haven't received an appointment...

Somehow that prevents the automated system resposible for assigning appointments from doing its job and slows the whole system down?

To use it as justification to criticse the OP from phoning the actual helpline is astonishing when it is known people are getting stuck in the system. It's completely without any basis or merit.
    Imagine the audacity of some mere citizen to phone the dedicated helpline for vaccine appointments enquiring about a vaccine appointment!

Nothing to see here, no glitches in the system no sirree.

So according to you they should just sit tight and put all their faith in the system which has obvious glitches as attested to on this forum? And hope you haven't fallen into one of the glitches in the system and stuck in limbo.
    Or you could, you know, phone the helpline that's been provided for such issues when you haven't received an appointment...

Somehow that prevents the automated system resposible for assigning appointments from doing its job and slows the whole system down?

To use it as justification to criticse the OP from phoning the actual helpline is astonishing when it is known people are getting stuck in the system. It's completely without any basis or merit.
    Imagine the audacity of some mere citizen to phone the dedicated helpline for vaccine appointments enquiring about a vaccine appointment!

Nothing to see here, no glitches in the system no sirree.

No, according to me you can wait until after the 3 weeks they tell you you SHOULD get an appointment in and then ask what’s going on!

It doesn’t even say you WILL get an appointment in 3 weeks, it says SHOULD. Which implies it might be longer!

Not call 5 times before 3 weeks is even up!

Why do you find it so difficult to understand that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

Naaaavan

Navan here too and Moderna.

Yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Text: 11th June
    Appointment: 19th June
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Galego wrote: »
    Navan here too and Moderna.