Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

24000 doses a week even with the Saturday closure. 10000 a week more than the Radisson. The roll out is not a 24/7 operation and the vaccine supply is limited. Nobody will lose out because its a 6 day a week operation.

Why were they able to increase the vaccines given out by moving location if supply is so constrained ?
    Seems like the bigger location has enabled more vaccines to be delivered ?
    And you think running the place for 6 days instead of 7 would not make a difference ? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

dickface wrote: »
    Why were they able to increase the vaccines given out by moving location if supply is so constrained ?
    Seems like the bigger location has enabled more vaccines to be delivered ?
    And you think running the place for 6 days instead of 7 would not make a difference ? :confused:
    Sigh. Theres an increase in June in what's been delivered, but theres still a limited amount. Every dose that comes into the country is being put in somebody's arm within a week. If there were more doses available they wouldn't be closing every evening, they'd be vaccinating away well into the night every night. There isn't though, so they're only work morning to evening.

Available vaccine numbers are what limit the delivery, not opening hours.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus/limerick-vaccination-centre-to-close-on-horse-racing-days-1.4591142

Decent article in the IT today, the important bit in my opinion is
    “The pausing of the programme at the racecourse centre to accommodate a scheduled race meeting tomorrow and on four other days in June and July, will not delay the administration of vaccine because of the increased vaccination capacity at the racecourse, which holds a maximum of 46 vaccination booths compared with the 32 available at the Radisson Blu.”

My reading of it is instead of taking 7 days to give out their quota of vaccines they are doing it in 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Sigh. Theres an increase in June in what's been delivered, but theres still a limited amount. Every dose that comes into the country is being put in somebody's arm within a week. If there were more doses available they wouldn't be closing every evening, they'd be vaccinating away well into the night every night. There isn't though, so they're only work morning to evening.

Available vaccine numbers are what limit the delivery, not opening hours.
    Why was it not in the racecourse from the beginning with a bigger capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Why was it not in the racecourse from the beginning with a bigger capacity?

Wouldn't have mattered we still only had the same amount of vaccine. Could have had a centre with 1000 booths and it wouldn't made much difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    Anyone get appt for AZ second dose - Cohort 4?

Yep got mine yesterday in the regional

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

Got text this morning for 2nd Moderna in the racecourse next Saturday - it will be just over 4 weeks since my first (Wednesday 19th).

My husband got his 1st Moderna the day before me and is also scheduled for his 2nd next Saturday also, so it looks like they are getting through the 2nd doses pretty much on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Numbers up again
    City rising again
    If there's a lockdown, it better be city only.
    So annoying for the rest of us.
    Can ye not sort it out in there FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

What determines if its the city or county - home addresses or the testing centre ?

What determines if its the city or county - home addresses or the testing centre ?

There is no official city or county in the numbers. It done by LEA and most of the time we only had one centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,813 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

dickface wrote: »
    Since the horse racing has largely continued throughput the pandemic perhaps it would have been a show of goodwill to the people of Limerick and surrounding areas for them to take a few weekends off while the vaccination of the population during the worst crisis in recent years takes place...
    Numbers up again
    City rising again

Surely the racing should be behind closed doors or stopped with cases high

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

42 and still not a word

I'm 43, and got a text yesterday evening to say I'm getting pfizer on Thursday coming.

My brother is 42, registered the day after I did, and has heard nothing yet either, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure you'll hear shortly.

Numbers up again
    City rising again
    What are you on about? and who is ye?

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    What are you on about? and who is ye?

Ignore him. He has been spouting fake numbers for a while now. Also likes to make up stories about the rollout

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Numbers up again
    City rising again

Can you give us a link to these city versus county numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lockdowns are ye mad lowest numbers in ICU and Hospital in general all year , keep vaccianting and we'll be okay ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Racecorse is rocking this morning, super busy. In, jab, wait, out. Only fly in ointment is people were arriving way too early for their times. The helpers at the gate was talking about setting up a separate queue for those. I guess with the good weather people, might be hoping to slip in early and get away for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

So 24,000 vaccines being administered next week across 46 booths makes about 520 per booth next week, over 6 days (centre closed on Friday the 18th) means 80-90 using one particular both every day

If it takes 5-6 minutes to administer a vaccine then that means the center is going for 6-7hrs a day... Not bad in my books

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Surely the racing should be behind closed doors or stopped with cases high

It is behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭dennyk

In Killaloe myself; registered on the 5th of June (at the low end of the 40-45 group), then got a call a few days later from a local clinic asking me to come in on the 10th for a Pfizer dose. Not sure why it was at a clinic in town rather than the big centres in Nenagh or Limerick (or Ennis, which was where I was guessing they were going to send me, since I'm technically in County Clare by a few hundred metres... :pac: ), but it was awesome; a few minute's walk over to the clinic, not even a couple minutes of waiting before the jab, and just a few other folks there. Much better than driving halfway across the county and mingling with the undoubtedly packed crowds at one of the big centres...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

dennyk wrote: »
    In Killaloe myself; registered on the 5th of June (at the low end of the 40-45 group), then got a call a few days later from a local clinic asking me to come in on the 10th for a Pfizer dose. Not sure why it was at a clinic in town rather than the big centres in Nenagh or Limerick (or Ennis, which was where I was guessing they were going to send me, since I'm technically in County Clare by a few hundred metres... :pac: ), but it was awesome; a few minute's walk over to the clinic, not even a couple minutes of waiting before the jab, and just a few other folks there. Much better than driving halfway across the county and mingling with the undoubtedly packed crowds at one of the big centres...

That's probably to do with the GP having spare doses and calling patients on their lists rather than wasting the doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I'm also in the 40-45 group but Limerick City. Registered 7 days ago and no appointment yet.

I'm also in the 40-45 group but Limerick City. Registered 7 days ago and no appointment yet.

The difference between 40 and 45 is a big one in this context

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That's not at all unusual. I was in the previous 45-49 group and it was 10 or 11 days after I registered before I got an appointment. When you register it tells you that you may be waiting up to 3 weeks before you get an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They had said they expected to have invited those within 40-45(who registered) by the middle of June so here's hoping tomorrow. I'm 40 and hope to have received a vaccine by Sunday or on Sunday going on the current estimates giving in this forum of about 2 days per current age group so the 41s should be partly done by Saturday.

I'm not overly pushed about getting it ugently but happy to see us rocking through age group. The more who get it the more, as a country, we can more confidently open more stuff up.

Myself and the other half both 41 registered as soon as was doable nothing yet!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm literally right in the middle of the group, 42 and a half as of last week. No appointment yet. I'm developing a theory that whenever I check the portal I get kicked to the back of the queue because there is no need to prioritise the eager!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭adaminho

adaminho wrote: »
    Just a heads up. I registered on the 23rd of May (45yrs) and have yet to get an appointment. Just off the phone with the helpline, I was told if I don't receive an appointment date within the next few days I have to log an investigation.

Just an update on this, I rang this morning to have this escalated. If you haven't received an appointment after 3 weeks you need to ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

iguana wrote: »
    I'm literally right in the middle of the group, 42 and a half as of last week. No appointment yet. I'm developing a theory that whenever I check the portal I get kicked to the back of the queue because there is no need to prioritise the eager!

I spoke to 2 other people today all in the 41 bracket we all registered the same day and no appointments for any of us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

42, nothing yet. Wife is 43 and got a appointment for this Thursday.

Advertisement