Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Some of those in Limerick whose second Moderna jab was scheduled for Nenagh have now received a cancellation text apologising for the error & “We will send your new appointment details in the coming weeks “

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Clareman wrote: »
    The discussion of vaccination vs. horse racing isn't a regional issue, this is the last warning, keep it local or risk a banning.

Limerick vaccination center is CLOSED tomorrow to facilitate Horse Racing - How is this NOT a local issue???

Not aware of any other vaccination centers closed anywhere in the country for horse racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Limerick vaccination center is CLOSED tomorrow to facilitate Horse Racing - How is this NOT a local issue???

Not aware of any other vaccination centers closed anywhere in the country for horse racing.

The horses are not from Limerick!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

To be clear, I am ok with the discussion about the closure of the vaccination centre but the discussion has to keep to a regional discussion, I don't want to go down a rabbit hole of the validity of running horse racing events during the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

If anyone is interested or wondering, got my appointment for my second dose of Moderna for next Wednesday (54y) at the Racecourse .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My wife is currently in week 10 of AZ, was texted earlier for next Wednesday which would be week 11. She was in a medical cohort, not age cohort. So slowly starting to move those on 12 weeks down towards 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Just got text for 2nd AZ shot on Weds, exactly 10 weeks after the first one, a good sign overall me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Got the text for my first dose. In the racecourse this Thursday and I'm getting Pfizer.
    Absolutely delighted. I can't wait to go for a few pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Got the text for my first dose. In the racecourse this Thursday and I'm getting Pfizer. Absolutely delighted. I can't wait to go for a few pints!

What age group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

Some of those in Limerick whose second Moderna jab was scheduled for Nenagh have now received a cancellation text apologising for the error & “We will send your new appointment details in the coming weeks “

My wife got that text also but has since received a new appointment for Tuesday . Second jab , moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GraGaia

Partner (43)
    Next Thursday 17th
    Racecourse
    Pfizer
    He just got the text this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

jonski wrote: »
    If anyone is interested or wondering, got my appointment for my second dose of Moderna for next Wednesday (54y) at the Racecourse .
    Were you one of those, like myself, mistakenly offered an appointment in Nenagh? I got it changed to the Racecourse next Tuesday.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Were you one of those, like myself, mistakenly offered an appointment in Nenagh? I got it changed to the Racecourse next Tuesday.

Nope .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Looks like some issues have been sorted, all Moderna 2nd jabs that I know of, 55yrs Nenagh appointment for Monday now changed to Limerick racecourse for Tuesday, other 2nd jabs, 55yrs Limerick Tuesday, 54yrs Limerick Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭db

56 and second jab of Moderna on Sunday, 30 days after the first jab. The whole program seems to be running very efficiently to me, some minor issues but they seem to get resolved quickly. Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Anyone get appt for AZ second dose - Cohort 4?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Can you check with the 43 year old when they're due, if it's Monday or Tuesday next week then we are still at the pace we were at before
    Next Thursday. But as others have said on here, people younger than that have appointments earlier than that, so it's obviously not as straight forward as certain ages being done together.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I got a text overnight, from their official number that my wife received her text from, cancelling my appointment saying they'll be in touch with a new one. Thing is, I never had an appointment to cancel first of all. Logged into my HSE Vaccine thingy and still "awaiting appointment 1". Very odd.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    What age group?

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    I got a text overnight, from their official number that my wife received her text from, cancelling my appointment saying they'll be in touch with a new one. Thing is, I never had an appointment to cancel first of all. Logged into my HSE Vaccine thingy and still "awaiting appointment 1". Very odd.

That's strange alright. Might be worth ringing the helpline number 1850 24 1850.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Got a text last evening that my second dose (AZ) is due on Wed June 16th at the racecourse. I'm cohort 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

42 and still not a word

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭sadie1502

43. Got text last night for first dose this Thursday at the racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

42 and still not a word

Shure you have both doctor and pharmacist friends who know absolutely everything about the rollout and the LEA numbers could they not phone up their sources and find out.

Or maybe the HSE helpline who are so oddly honest can help, or radio Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭dickface

Since the horse racing has largely continued throughput the pandemic perhaps it would have been a show of goodwill to the people of Limerick and surrounding areas for them to take a few weekends off while the vaccination of the population during the worst crisis in recent years takes place...

Have any of you received a text for your appointment and had half of the text missing ?

My wife got her appointment for the first jab and the bottom of the text was missing ....... no problem .

Now she has just received her appointment for the second jab and the top half is missing ...... problem because that's where the time and date are .

She is phoning them now to sort it out but I was curious to see if this happened to anyone else .

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

We're in Shannon and my wife got a vaccine appointment (Pfizer) for next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Shure you have both doctor and pharmacist friends who know absolutely everything about the rollout and the LEA numbers could they not phone up their sources and find out.

Or maybe the HSE helpline who are so oddly honest can help, or radio Dave

Helpful and informative as ever Breezy.
    Thanks pal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

dickface wrote: »
    Since the horse racing has largely continued throughput the pandemic perhaps it would have been a show of goodwill to the people of Limerick and surrounding areas for them to take a few weekends off while the vaccination of the population during the worst crisis in recent years takes place...
    24000 doses a week even with the Saturday closure. 10000 a week more than the Radisson. The roll out is not a 24/7 operation and the vaccine supply is limited. Nobody will lose out because its a 6 day a week operation.

Advertisement