Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭adaminho

adaminho wrote: »
    Just an update on this, I rang this morning to have this escalated. If you haven't received an appointment after 3 weeks you need to ring them.

Got a an appointment for Sunday morning at 10.30 with Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gfaces

adaminho wrote: »
    Got a an appointment for Sunday morning at 10.30 with Pfizer.

Also have an appointment Pfizer Sunday morning at the racecourse. Was offered appointment in Waterford last Friday which I couldn't attend. Fair dues to HSE was expecting to wait longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Got vaccine app for sunday in racecourse. 42.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

At racecourse now, not getting my own vaccine so out in car park. Arrived at 8:40 and wife had her vaccine in the arm(2nd AZ) 13 mins later.

I'll be back out later with somebody else without a car so I can see if it's as busy as now. The car park has a constant flow of people going here there and everywhere.

Compared to my visits to the Radisson this is on another level for how busy it is.

Hoping to be called next week. My 42year old friend got called(yesterday) for this Sunday and I'm 40 so sometime next week I'd say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've added a poll, who doesn't enjoy a poll? I've copied the poll in the main COVID forum.

There's a lot of anecdotal feedback as to the status of the rollout in Limerick so there's no harm in us tracking it for ourselves.

• Advertisement

Poll needs a No option

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

It's like waiting on a poorly called bingo game come on 41 you useless number.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Clareman wrote: »
    I've added a poll, who doesn't enjoy a poll? I've copied the poll in the main COVID forum.

There's a lot of anecdotal feedback as to the status of the rollout in Limerick so there's no harm in us tracking it for ourselves.
    When it comes to the status in Limerick I'll keep returning to the fact that registration has yet to open for those in their 30s anywhere in the country. Therefore there rollout elsewhere can't be ahead of Limerick as we know people in their early 40s are now getting appointments.

I did vote though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Berty wrote: »
    Poll needs a No option

The main COVID 1 didn't have a No option but I'll add it now

I can't set the poll to allow for people to edit their response so if you put No as a response it'll always be like that even after you get your jab so I'll leave it off, I'm guessing that's why it wasn't included in the COVID thread.

• Advertisement

When it comes to the status in Limerick I'll keep returning to the fact that registration has yet to open for those in their 30s anywhere in the country. Therefore there rollout elsewhere can't be ahead of Limerick as we know people in their early 40s are now getting appointments.

I did vote though!

I know that but people seem to think that because the centre moved and/or it'll be closed for a few days that Limerick is falling behind, might as well try to see if that's true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

I know someone who wasn't due to get their second AZ until next month, they are getting it this week. Which is good news. It means they are actually beginning to speed things up in that regard. (I'm one of the two - so far - who has had their second Moderna)

Suggestions at the moment in one of the red-tops that there is a shortage of vaccines in the UK this week, so they are having to slow down their vaccination schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

Seeing as the option isn't available, I'll post here: No and no text yet (am 41)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

banie01 wrote: »
    This isn't true though.
    Last week I posted regarding my brother and sister in law who are both 41.
    1 received their 1st dose this morning, the other is getting their's on Thursday.

I also posted regarding my 43y.o wife receiving her Vax last Thursday when apparently no 43y.os had appointments either.

Interesting that 2 people the same age are 2 days apart for first doses. My theory is that today (Wednesday) is being used for second doses in Limerick and the first doses based on age are being done every second day

They are being fairly regimental with the whole 28 days thing, if you get your vaccine on a Tuesday you'll have your appointment for the second dose 4 weeks to the day. AFAIK they are booking in 2 appointments for everyone (1st and second), they are sure of those doses, then when they are sure of the stock for the following week they make the first appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

They are being fairly regimental with the whole 28 days thing, if you get your vaccine on a Tuesday you'll have your appointment for the second dose 4 weeks to the day. AFAIK they are booking in 2 appointments for everyone (1st and second), they are sure of those doses, then when they are sure of the stock for the following week they make the first appointments.

Not exactly. I got my second Moderna 4 weeks and 1 day after I received my first one. The two appointments didn't appear to have been made simultaneously as I only got notification of my second dose less than 48 hours before my appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

So I went with 'Yes - Moderna second jab' , even though I won't get it until 2:40 today :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Osk

Not for me - 4 weeks ago today I got first Moderna - getting 2nd next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

no that wasn't the case for me or partner. we both got vaccines #1 in Radisson, partner got #2 4 weeks later to the day, I was 5 days outside of the 28 day schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭somespud

Got the first four weeks ago today early morning, second this coming Saturday late afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

2nd AZ today.
    In and out of the Racecourse in 26minutes.

Bested you. Brought my sister in law out there and was 25 mins. She sent a picture of a long outdoor snaking queue but was seen too quickly. Don't know if the Moderna queue would be longer or slower as no idea of how many booths for each.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just home from having my 2nd AZ jab at 4pm today.

Super efficient throughout. Reminded me of checking in for a long-haul international flight, with three ID checks and a questionnaire before I got to the vaccination booth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

In at 2:40 out just before 3:00 , second Moderna jab, 54yo .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I was there for a 5.30pm appointment today, arrived about 5.20 to find about 50 in the queue ahead of me, made a poor decision to just to wear a t-shirt (from the waist up) I was wearing pants, queue the shower of rain......the whole ID / questions scenario seemed to take longer than the Radisson, got jabbed, down to waiting area, after five minutes the person overseeing that area walked down along the booths & about 50% of those waiting made a run for it

I assumed it was all Moderna out there today, didn’t notice any separation between vaccines types, anyway all done, I can feel the sand between my toes & im not talking about BallyB or Killkee....just happy we seem to be nearing the end for everybody

The difference with the waiting area, at least yesterday in the AZ compared to the Radisson was in the Radisson there was lady, described as a paramedic, who'd tell you when your 15 mins was up with a clipboard.

I was told by the 2 people yesterday, in the AZ area, it was personal responsibility and one lady came out of her booth and simply walked out the door saying "my husband's waiting for me, doubt anybodies died 15mins after the jab" and was followed by people who realised "it's their final jab, what's anybody going to do?".

My missus waited 10 mins, sister in law barely 5 mins I'd say. She's the one who saw the lady wait zero minutes and left with her and a crowd of others.

Before you see it being ranted about by local papers, on twitter and facebook but the racing is going ahead tomorrow again in Limerick on the 18th June so the vaccines will stop again tomorrow temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Berty wrote: »
    Before you see it being ranted about by local papers, on twitter and facebook but the racing is going ahead tomorrow again in Limerick on the 18th June so the vaccines will stop again tomorrow temporarily.

Still bad optics even if they are doing more per day vs the Radisson.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

AlfaZen wrote: »
    Still bad optics even if they are doing more per day vs the Radisson.

Only for those that want to find something wrong with the vaccine programme.

The alternative could have been the Racecourse said you can't have the facility if you want a continuous run of days, then you'd have the same moaners saying why not use the bigger facility for the days it's available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Bringing wife out today for her 1st Pfizer (43), and I (42) have an appointment in Ennis for Sunday to get the Moderna one. Delighted! :-D

Advertisement