Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

Limerick numbers up again. Back up to 87 today.

City driving it this time.
    Numbers coming down in rural areas

Call a spade a spade, certain cohorts in the city are ignorant bloody a******es who don't give a damn and the rest of us are paying for it.
    Absolutely infuriating.

Lock down the bloody city if this keeps up.

No what's infuriating is your reaction to this.
    Go live under a rock while the rest of us try get back to a some bit normal life!
    Hospital numbers are low and most ppl who are vulnerable have been vaccinated so drive on!
    You and the rest of the pro lockdowner stay at home with ye're negative outlook on life!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Anybody here 40/41 that has received a booking for their jab in Limerick?

With the news that they might be starting the sub 40 age group next week I'm curious where others are in the process? I'm 40 years old and not called as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

Berty wrote: »

With the news that they might be starting the sub 40 age group next week I'm curious where others are in the process? I'm 40 years old and not called as of yet.

No I'm 42 and haven't got called by the HSE but my doctor rang and offered me one yesterday. I took it with open arms. I heard a few people having the same happen to them. As if yet none of my friend below 45 have got a call from the hse

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

I'm 43 and haven't been called yet. Can't be much longer tho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just to clarify they won't be starting the vaccination of sub-40 year olds next week what they are saying is that registration will be open to that age group from next week

They usually open the process on Wednesdays from my (usually flawed) observations and then it's 3-10 days from registering to vaccination so you should be called next week

In the raddison they seemed to be doing roughly one year in age every 2 days ie of a given week on a Monday and Tuesday they got through 50 year olds, Wednesday and Thursday they got through 49 year olds etc etc

I'm not sure what age group they are calling to the racecourse today, perhaps somebody can confirm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

My brother was there yesterday and he's 44. So yesterday and today are probably 44.

My brother was there yesterday and he's 44. So yesterday and today are probably 44.

So as a very rough guide
    Days - age
    Sunday and Monday - 43
    Tuesday and Wednesday - 42
    Thursday and Friday 18th - 41
    Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th - 40
    They might then take a few days then to make sure they have vaccinated everybody in their age range before moving to 39 year olds but that should start the week beginning the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

No vaccines in limerick again tomorrow due to there being a race meeting on.

That will be 3 days out of the last 7 with no vaccines in the area under observation............

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is this correct?
    That will be 3 days out of the last 7 with no vaccines in the area under observation............

We've seen on this thread that Limerick people are getting vaccinated in Nenagh so the last part of you post is incorrect.

There is also vaccinations taking place in Parteen and other areas besides The Racecourse.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The vaccine rollout isn't being done on a county basis, it isn't the All Ireland, plenty of my friends from Ennis have gotten theirs's in Limerick, my wife got hers in Galway. People are still be scheduled and being vaccinated, if people want to complain about not getting theirs in Limerick, fair enough, but in my opinion that's a very silly argument, if people want to complain about having to travel to get theirs, fair enough but again in my opinion that's a very silly argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

And three days in July too, I hear

Sending people of of their area also seems to be an error they are trying to rectify

Didn’t hear the above directly, co worker said it was on the radio, assume local radio

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/breaking-limericks-vaccination-centre-to-close-to-facilitate-horse-racing-meeting/

And three days in July too, I hear

Sending people of of their area also seems to be an error they are trying to rectify

Didn’t hear the above directly, co worker said it was on the radio, assume local radio

https://www.live95fm.ie/news/live95-news/breaking-limericks-vaccination-centre-to-close-to-facilitate-horse-racing-meeting/

I haven't registered myself because I'm not old enough but surely they could rectify this error by asking for an address or Eircode when you register for a vaccine, no?

One thing to remember is if they have to close the vaccine centre for 4 days but have almost 50% more capacity than they did at the raddisson then there's no real time lost is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

I haven't registered myself because I'm not old enough but surely they could rectify this error by asking for an address or Eircode when you register for a vaccine, no?

One thing to remember is if they have to close the vaccine centre for 4 days but have almost 50% more capacity than they did at the raddisson then there's no real time lost is there?

They do ask you for your eircode.

3 people that I knew that were later getting their vaccine than others (younger) in their families had issues with incorrect eircodes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Closing on certain days is not an issue. It occurs all over the country. I'll repost the link to closures in Cork and Kerry for between 1 and 3 days two weeks ago so that the staff could get a break. https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/cork-kerry-vaccination-centres-close-20676924

Also most of those getting infected are not yet eligible to get vaccinated. Therefore the area being 'under observation' has little to no relevance on the current vaccine roll out.

phog wrote: »
    They do ask you for your eircode.

3 people that I knew that were later getting their vaccine than others (younger) in their families had issues with incorrect eircodes.

So they ask for an eircode but still get the nearest centre wrong? I guess it is the HSE running this, something had to go wrong eventually
    Closing on certain days is not an issue. It occurs all over the country. I'll repost the link to closures in Cork and Kerry for between 1 and 3 days two weeks ago so that the staff could get a break. https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/cork-kerry-vaccination-centres-close-20676924

Also most of those getting infected are not yet eligible to get vaccinated. Therefore the area being 'under observation' has little to no relevance on the current vaccine roll out.

I suppose the real question is why does Limerick have to close when punchestown doesn't despite having a testing centre on site as well

Notable that Niall Collins hasn't said much about it despite being on it like a fly on poo last month when the move was announced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

People blaming racing for a racing course closing for a race meeting.................

People blaming racing for a racing course Mass Vaccine Centre closing for a race meeting.................

Fixed your comment for you :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭BobMc

IMO the contract with the HSE should have stipulated no racing while we are on site, the race course are getting paid on contract for the space, so make them cancel the racing just my 2cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

BobMc wrote: »
    IMO the contract with the HSE should have stipulated no racing while we are on site, the race course are getting paid on contract for the space, so make them cancel the racing just my 2cents

Absolutely, vaccinations are a teeny tiny bit more important than ****ing horse racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

So they ask for an eircode but still get the nearest centre wrong? I guess it is the HSE running this, something had to go wrong eventually

I suppose the real question is why does Limerick have to close when punchestown doesn't despite having a testing centre on site as well

Notable that Niall Collins hasn't said much about it despite being on it like a fly on poo last month when the move was announced

Who said they got the Eircode wrong. We're people promised certain centres based on Eircode when this started ?

I would imagine Punchestown is way bigger than Limerick and the race crew and vaccinations can be separated better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm sure 1 of the reasons the racecourse wasn't chosen from day 1 as the vaccination centre was because there would be days that it wouldn't be possible to use it, as they said every site had a point ranking system.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Who said they got the Eircode wrong. We're people promised certain centres based on Eircode when this started ?
    You enter your Eircode when registering so that they can direct you to your nearest vaccination center. People from Limerick aren't supposed to be sent to Dublin or Waterford.

I've never heard so much self entitlement, blaming, and complaining in my life. It started with whining about having to cross a bloody road.

People will complain no matter what, I'd imagine if the HSE offered to have people be vaccined in their own homes that people would complain about having to tidy up for the visitors :D:D:D

BobMc wrote: »
    If the HSE had stipulated that, then the racecourse would probably just have told them to find another venue. All the large hotels are reopening, so the HSE are limited with where they could source another venue.

With the extra capacity at the racecourse and the fact that there's a large shortfall in the supply of vaccines we were supposed to have, I can't see this slowing down the roll out in any way.

I've never heard so much self entitlement, blaming, and complaining in my life. It started with whining about having to cross a bloody road.

Your dead right, people shouldn't feel entitled to vaccines during a pandemic bought by their governments using their taxes, or should they? I actually think you're wrong now that I've said it out loud to myself

Your dead right, people shouldn't feel entitled to vaccines during a pandemic bought by their governments using their taxes, or should they? I actually think you're wrong now that I've said it out loud to myself
    Except that nobody is being denied any vaccines. They will be getting the very vaccines that they're entitled to. Some will get earlier appointments thanks to the extra capacity. Others will get them a day later than the would have. It's not actually that big a deal. Maybe you should tone down the hyperbole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

Tree wrote:
    Still not true, plenty of cohort 4 and 7 under the age of 40. They have been abandonned by the government and have to wait until their age ever gets called. It's an absolute disgrace. And people pretending that no-one under fifty has any medical conditions is infuriating. Not all GPs are doing cohort 4/7, and referall to the hubs has been made harder than it needs to be.

That doesn't add up. Every GP tun the country has spare vaccines as they cannot get any of the at risk groups who want them. If your in an at risk group and your GP isn't vaccinating then ring around local GP officesand you will have a vaccine quickly. (Longer term I suggest you get a new GP)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gary Owen

My wife got an appointment for Ennis Sunday afternoon and was delighted to get it .
    Got a text yesterday cancelling the appointment .
    No new date given . I just got my second vaccine this morning .

Advertisement