Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid in Limerick - Mod Warning in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Ardrageen

breezy1985 wrote: »
    if it's back of the line if you say no

Oops. I asked for a reschedule for an appointment next week because there was no way I could make it. I didn't realise I would be put to the back of the line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

iguana wrote: »
    While the country (and EU) is slower than we initially hoped due to supply issues, that is not the only reason for us slowing. We have a supply in storage.

Any supply in storage is for second doses. The HSE has said many many times that all vaccines other than those held for second doses are going straight into arms as soon as they arrive in the country.
    iguana wrote: »
    Limerick absolutely has slowed down. We were not as far behind other regions as we are now. Of course some of this could have to do with demographic break-downs. We may have a higher proportion of people in their 40s than other regions. I'm not sure if this is true of Cork and Dublin's south side though?

How could we not slow down when we shut our MVC for nearly 3 days? It's actually mind boggling to try and argue that shutting the centre for that period of time has had no effect.:confused: It's not like we've fallen weeks behind but shutting for that time, we have fallen behind by those days.
    Where are you pulling these figures from? Seems nothing more than pure speculation on your part from here. And they closed for two days. The racecourse has 14 more booths than the Radisson had. That's a 45% increase in capacity. Any backlog would be overcome in a matter of days.

Limerick has not fallen behind anywhere. People in their 30s won't be able to even register until next week anywhere in the country. Posters on here have already said that people aged 41 are getting done as soon as this coming Monday. You are quite simply spouting rubbish.

Also vaccination centers closing for a few days is not unique to Limerick and has happened in Cork and Kerry. https://www.corkbeo.ie/news/local-news/cork-kerry-vaccination-centres-close-20676924

Ardrageen wrote: »
    Oops. I asked for a reschedule for an appointment next week because there was no way I could make it. I didn't realise I would be put to the back of the line.
    Reschedule is different than turning down a vaccine. They'll fit you back in pretty quickly for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

I might have to fly out next week. Where can I get a PCR test locally that airlines will accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Or maybe it's a HSE mess-up

Fella named David on Limerick today there saying he's been offered a vaccine in Dublin because there are no vaccines in Limerick

Sounds like a HSE mess-up

How could David know that's why from a text message. It might be true but really he is guessing

He rang up asking why despite him living in limerick he was asked to go to Dublin and that's the response he got from the person on the other end of the phone

The appointment date was sent to him today for his jab to take place tomorrow, so not the easiest thing to arrange

• Advertisement

Louche Lad wrote: »
    I might have to fly out next week. Where can I get a PCR test locally that airlines will accept?
    RocDoc are doing tests at the four main airports. https://rocdochealthcheck.ie/locations/

He rang up asking why despite him living in limerick he was asked to go to Dublin and that's the response he got from the person on the other end of the phone

The appointment date was sent to him today for his jab to take place tomorrow, so not the easiest thing to arrange
    I'd always be weary of taking someone ringing into a radio station at their word. If what they said is true, then I'd think the person on the phone was BSing him to cover a screw up.

RocDoc are doing tests at the four main airports. https://rocdochealthcheck.ie/locations/

Thanks. Is there anywhere local (I don't drive)?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Well there are people booked in every day this week in Limerick so there are vaccines in Limerick. Sorry but David "off the radio" is about as viable a source as "John down the pub said"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Is there anywhere local (I don't drive)?

https://booking.randox.ie/

In the Maldron, Roxboro.

• Advertisement

Kramer wrote: »

In the Maldron, Roxboro.

That looks good. Anyone used them for a PCR test? (Are they reliable?)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

You could always use the HSE walk in Testing option. It's free....

Useless for traveling. You need a certificate saying that you're Covid free. The airlines won't accept a text from the HSE (which is all they'll provide).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

Or maybe it's a HSE mess-up

Fella named David on Limerick today there saying he's been offered a vaccine in Dublin because there are no vaccines in Limerick

Sounds like a HSE mess-up

Ah lads, a guy on the local radio saying something does not mean it's true.

This is Joe Duffy stuff at best.

Some people assume they'll be called to a particular vaccination centre, when they're called to a different centre that does not mean it's a mess up, it means they're maximising the use of the vaccines they have.

I know a few people from Cratloe who were called to Ennis even though the Raddisson was only over the road form them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

In the Maldron, Roxboro.
    That looks good. Anyone used them for a PCR test? (Are they reliable?)

Yes, used them. Results emailed early the following morning & really designed for travelling. Other countries refer to them as "fit to fly" tests/certificates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭adaminho

Just a heads up. I registered on the 23rd of May (45yrs) and have yet to get an appointment. Just off the phone with the helpline, I was told if I don't receive an appointment date within the next few days I have to log an investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Well there are people booked in every day this week in Limerick so there are vaccines in Limerick. Sorry but David "off the radio" is about as viable a source as "John down the pub said"

Agree, it's about as reliable as somebody on boards saying "there are people booked in every day this week" and I don't particularly believe either statement, as I see no immediate proof to either.

In saying that yours is definitely the one I'd prefer to believe

I've read that airlines don't accept these free ones. I now know that I do have to fly, so reliability is now essential (it's not a holiday).

Yes, used them. Results emailed early the following morning & really designed for travelling. Other countries refer to them as "fit to fly" tests/certificates.

Many thanks again, very helpful.

Agree, it's about as reliable as somebody on boards saying "there are people booked in every day this week" and I don't particularly believe either statement, as I see no immediate proof to either.

In saying that yours is definitely the one I'd prefer to believe

You have nothing but my word on this and obviously thats no better than Radio Dave but I have had friends booked in Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and there were people on here I think booked in for similar days this week who had confirmed as much before Radio Daves expose so I'm willing to believe that Limerick is chugging along fine with vaccines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Yup my brother is getting his tonight and my sister was contacted today about her second dose this Sunday along with a neighbor of ours.

• Advertisement

Reschedule is different than turning down a vaccine. They'll fit you back in pretty quickly for that.

They don't. Have a look at the main forum, it's to the back of the queue with you

They don't. Have a look at the main forum, it's to the back of the queue with you
    From this very thread.
    moby2101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had to reschedule twice!!
    First appointment was Saturday, replied “New” … got next appointment for Sunday the next day… had to reschedule again as we were away for the weekend, 3rd appointment was for next day Monday, so incredibly efficient!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

You have nothing but my word on this and obviously thats no better than Radio Dave but I have had friends booked in Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday and there were people on here I think booked in for similar days this week who had confirmed as much before Radio Daves expose so I'm willing to believe that Limerick is chugging along fine with vaccines

I can confirm I have direct knowledge of appointments for Moderna 2nd doses this week on Tues, Wed, tomorrow and I am on Sunday. Everyone I knew who got their first dose same time as mine, are getting their 2nd dose on schedule this week.

I looked to be rescheduled - original date was Sat 8th may, rescheduled to Sun 9th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭AnonZen

I got mine earlier (44), flew through the process. 28 minutes from getting out of the car to getting back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Limerick numbers up again. Back up to 87 today.

City driving it this time.
    Numbers coming down in rural areas

Call a spade a spade, certain cohorts in the city are ignorant bloody a******es who don't give a damn and the rest of us are paying for it.
    Absolutely infuriating.

Lock down the bloody city if this keeps up.

Call a spade a spade, certain cohorts in the city are ignorant bloody a******es who don't give a damn and the rest of us are paying for it.
    Absolutely infuriating.

Have LEA figures been released ?

Absolutely infuriating.

Unless there's a corresponding rise in the numbers in hospital and ICU, they can shove another lockdown where the sun doesn't shine.

Absolutely infuriating.

There'll be no lockdown unless hospital numbers rise. Only 70 in hospital nationally with only 23 of those in ICU. So the high number of cases are not driving up hospital admissions. With the vaccination program motoring along case numbers are becoming pretty irrelevant.

Plus a spike was expected today after a few days of low figures from the bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement

Absolutely infuriating.

There's more testing going on so it's to be expected they'll be a rise in numbers. The hope now is that those testing positive and their close contacts do the right thing by isolating.

Advertisement