Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Perhspsthrit trying to do a sweep of those reluctant to take up the vaccine by presenting them with as much information as possible?

Possibly yeah, it was just funny that it gives a step-by-step of the mass vaccination process and other queries when there has been confusion around these things for weeks, especially the 'When am I considered fully vaccinated by the government?" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭boardlady

Oh that's good - got a Government information booklet in the post yesterday about vaccines, vaccination centres and other bits.

Would've thought that should have been sent out months ago, bit late when over half of the adult population have already experienced the vaccination process? :pac:

I thought the same! What a waste of money and resources now ..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Possibly yeah, it was just funny that it gives a step-by-step of the mass vaccination process and other queries when there has been confusion around these things for weeks, especially the 'When am I considered fully vaccinated by the government?" thing.

Well, we are talking about the HSE here.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Well, we are talking about the HSE here.....

I got one of these info booklets in the post about a month back so I think it could be more an An Post issue as opposed to a HSE one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Got the 2nd jab today. Everything running like clockwork up at the IT. In & out in just over 20 mins. No effects yet, TG.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

55 cases in Kerry over the last fortnight - average of 5 per day!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1403284194932006913

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

TV3 just announced there are 8 hospitals in the country without covid cases... KUH is not amongst them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,026 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Any details on the Covid outbreak at the school in Dingle? Independent.ie has it behind the paywall, pretty rude articles about Covid outbreaks behind paywalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

55 cases in Kerry over the last fortnight - average of 5 per day!

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1403284194932006913

Janey, Limerick is off the reservation altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭The_Kitty

When can a 38 year old register for the vaccine? Am wondering did i miss a chance to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

The_Kitty wrote: »
    When can a 38 year old register for the vaccine? Am wondering did i miss a chance to do it?

No, you're fine. Last week they said that 35-39 year olds could register "next week" so perhaps from Monday/Tuesday - nothing specific on their website yet but just keep an eye/ear out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The_Kitty wrote: »

You won't miss your chance after registration opens. It doesn't have to be done the day it opens up, you can do it anytime after it.

Its official - I had been saying all along that AZ is ****e.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0615/1228246-astrazeneca-covid-drug/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

kn wrote: »
    Its official - I had been saying all along that AZ is ****e.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0615/1228246-astrazeneca-covid-drug/

Sorry but you need to have another read of the article, it does not relate to the AZ covid-19 vaccine but to a drug they are developing for treatment of people exposed to covid-19. Apples and oranges.

diego_b wrote: »
    Sorry but you need to have another read of the article, it does not relate to the AZ covid-19 vaccine but to a drug they are developing for treatment of people exposed to covid-19. Apples and oranges.

A top official in the European Medicines Agency on Sunday suggested that it might be worth abandoning AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine for all age groups where alternatives are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

A top official in the European Medicines Agency on Sunday suggested that it might be worth abandoning AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine for all age groups where alternatives are available.

However, a study from British health authorities showed yesterday that two doses of AstraZeneca/Oxford or rival Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines stopped the need for in-patient treatment in more than 90% of cases of the Delta variant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Sorry I am not interested in getting into a discussion on the merits/pros/cons of any of the vaccines. I was just highlighting that article you linked to did not support the comment you put forward as it relates to a different drug and not the AZ covid-19 vaccine. Just because something is branded AstraZeneca does not mean it is the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

diego_b wrote: »
    Sorry I am not interested in getting into a discussion on the merits/pros/cons of any of the vaccines. I was just highlighting that article you linked to did not support the comment you put forward as it relates to a different drug and not the AZ covid-19 vaccine. Just because something is branded AstraZeneca does not mean it is the same thing.

Why did you go & spoil all the fun ;)
    I get my second dose of AZ on Tuesday.
    Am I going to take it ?
    Of course I am.

Kerry fortnightly cases have fallen since the last report - 47 up to Tuesday (incidence of 31.8):

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1408101580302323720

Simon Donnelly has announced that 18-34 year olds can get the one dose JandJ vaccine in pharmacies from Monday. Circa 200k available in July. These are going to fly out the door as it gives immediate access to vaccine passport and indoor boozing.

Kerry Pharmacies participating listed https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had the first vaccine this week, straight forward enough, whoever got the two balls stuck between the roof and the steel in the big sports hall well done :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Had the first vaccine this week, straight forward enough, whoever got the two balls stuck between the roof and the steel in the big sports hall well done :D:D:D

I was really impressed with the operation up there. Everything running like clockwork.

T.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Knee Gap Lease

512 cases today, the delta variant is going to hit hard.
    Saw a report of a Midlands pub responsible for 100+ cases

First time LEA fortnightly data has been updated since the cyberattack:

Listowel: 9 (31.4 per 100,000, compare with 98.9'nationally)
    Tralee: 5 (15.1)
    Corca Dhuibhne: Less than 5 (N/A)
    Castleisland: Less than 5 (N/A)
    Killarney: 20 (67.6)
    Kenmare: 13 (51.9)

Tralee had been the worst affected area in May, so a welcome turnaround!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

First time LEA fortnightly data has been updated since the cyberattack:

Listowel: 9 (31.4 per 100,000, compare with 98.9'nationally)
    Tralee: 5 (15.1)
    Corca Dhuibhne: Less than 5 (N/A)
    Castleisland: Less than 5 (N/A)
    Killarney: 20 (67.6)
    Kenmare: 13 (51.9)

Tralee had been the worst affected area in May, so a welcome turnaround!
    Excellent, we can look down our noses at the Killarney folk now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Knee Gap Lease

Quackster wrote: »
    Excellent, we can look down our noses at the Killarney folk now! :D

Unless youre Poshey...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Dr Gary Stack (Killarney GP & SOUTH Doc) and Jack Shanahan (Pharmacist Castleisland) on with Jerry O'Sullivan this morning on their experiences of the vaccination programme and how it's operating. Might be worth a listen back tonight for those interested. Dr Stack said that the absence of those LEA figures had been an issue in identifying what might be happening in local areas.

Full list of Kerry pharmacies giving out the J&J vaccine:

https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Full list of Kerry pharmacies giving out the J&J vaccine:

https://www2.hse.ie/Apps/Services/PharmaciesServiceList.aspx

I wonder how comprehensive that list is - two Dingle pharmacies, Grogans and Walshes, have had notices on Raidio na Gaeltachta saying that they are administering the vaccines also.

Perhaps that was for the over 50s only initially but I'm pretty sure it's for all qualifying age groups now.

• Advertisement

lottpaul wrote: »
    I wonder how comprehensive that list is - two Dingle pharmacies, Grogans and Walshes, have had notices on Raidio na Gaeltachta saying that they are administering the vaccines also.

Perhaps that was for the over 50s only initially but I'm pretty sure it's for all qualifying age groups now.

Both are listed, you just have to click "Load More" twice at the bottom of the page.

Advertisement