Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Still 6 cases today, but the 14-day incidence is now 23rd nationwide, with only Wicklow, Galway and Wexford better:

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1330205183574495237

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Still 6 cases today, but the 14-day incidence is now 23rd nationwide, with only Wicklow, Galway and Wexford better:

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1330205183574495237

That's much better

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fewer than <5 cases today, and the number recorded in the last 14 days falls from 106 to 91:

0015bd85-614.jpg?ratio=0.93

Cases slightly up today, but the overall decline continues:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1330932863731179520

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

good to see cases get so low here again!

The weekly local area figures should be a lot lower tomorrow:

EnsFf1EXMAQhMsA?format=png&name=small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Numbers moving sideways... people are sick and tired of restrictions, wet pubs won't be allowed open before Christmas.... restaurant and pubs with food will open in a few weeks....nobody will pay any attention to the 6 people per household over Christmas, housepartys etc...and by the middle of January the above stats will make for horrific reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Numbers moving sideways... people are sick and tired of restrictions, wet pubs won't be allowed open before Christmas.... restaurant and pubs with food will open in a few weeks....nobody will pay any attention to the 6 people per household over Christmas, housepartys etc...and by the middle of January the above stats will make for horrific reading

Think your correct there - 6 per household or 3 households wont matter to a lot. Not sure what the regs are. I saw slabs of drink etc been taken to 2 different apartments last weekend for parties. Reckon we could be in a bad place again come January.

T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I think a lot of people will expect level 5 restrictions to come back in again in January or February and will take this opportunity to ignore the restrictions and visit whoever they want at christmas to have a semi-normal christmas.

I think a lot of people will expect level 5 restrictions to come back in again in January or February and will take this opportunity to ignore the restrictions and visit whoever they want at christmas to have a semi-normal christmas.

Exactly, this Christmas, I think we'll have the housewives dancing around the kitchen

LEA Rates:

Listowel 107 (-9) 373.2 per 100,000
    Corca Dhuibhne <5 cases (N/A) N/A
    Tralee 24 (-3) 72.6 per 100,000
    Killarney 25 (-6) 84.4 per 100,000
    Castleisland 8 (-5) 46.7 per 100,000
    Kenmare 15 (-3) 59.9 per 100,000

So, apart from Listowel, the rest of the county seems under control.

Today's LEA figures:

Listowel 31 (-76) 108.1 per 100,000
    Tralee 20 (-4) 60.5 per 100,000
    Corca Dhuibhne 5 (+?) 35.3 per 100,000
    Castleisland 7 (-1) 40.8 per 100,000
    Killarney 17 (-8) 57.4 per 100,000
    Kenmare 9 (-6) 35.9 per 100,000

Listowel's decline being particularly dramatic.

Pretty much as you were:

EnxJ5rXXMAMLcgm?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Exactly, this Christmas, I think we'll have the housewives dancing around the kitchen

It wouldn't feel like Christmas without it.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Pretty inevitable that house parties are going to take off like the clappers come next weekend. I wonder if the pub trade will ever recover from a lost Christmas/New Year. People are going to start getting used to drinking in the house, maybe install a mini bar. It could really be the death knell for the pub trade.

After a fair reduction in the last week, we appear to have stalled now:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1332737250703122434

A big fall today - the 14 day incidence is down by nearly 7, and the number of cases in that period has dropped by 10:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1333099188679303170

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

With things opening up I wonder how long that will last ?

• Advertisement

amdaley28 wrote: »
    With things opening up I wonder how long that will last ?

End of January I would guess there will be a lockdown... vaccine is due to arrive February or so....could be our last lockdown if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not to sound like a smartass or anything but has the normal flu disappeared? You know the regular normal flu that we or our kids get every other winter. Is it just covid or nothing these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

wonga77 wrote: »
    Not to sound like a smartass or anything but has the normal flu disappeared? You know the regular normal flu that we or our kids get every other winter. Is it just covid or nothing these days?

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1332713072490926082?s=20

Presumably with the vaccines and less social interaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

End of January I would guess there will be a lockdown... vaccine is due to arrive February or so....could be our last lockdown if that's the case

Current plan is in the quoted bit.
    From 7 January, the measures put in place prior to 18 December will apply, subject to ongoing review of the trajectory of the virus.

I'd be fairly surprised though if it isn't back to Level 5 from January 7th.

If I had to bet I would say it would be a minimum 4 week lockdown.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#measures-in-place-from-18-december

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Current plan is in the quoted bit.

I'd be fairly surprised though if it isn't back to Level 5 from January 7th.

If I had to bet I would say it would be a minimum 4 week lockdown.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad569-level-3/#measures-in-place-from-18-december

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

wonga77 wrote: »

Some people seem to mix up the flu with a normal headcold. A proper full-on flu will have you in bed for up to 2 week and most people don't get it every other winter. I got it 3 years ago and since then I've gotten the flu vaccination every year. There's no way I'm going through that again. It makes me smile when the anti-vaccers claim that covid is "only" like the flu, anyone who says that has not had the flu.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Some people seem to mix up the flu with a normal headcold. A proper full-on flu will have you in bed for up to 2 week and most people don't get it every other winter. I got it 3 years ago and since then I've gotten the flu vaccination every year. There's no way I'm going through that again. It makes me smile when the anti-vaccers claim that covid is "only" like the flu, anyone who says that has not had the flu.

I had the flu once, when I was 19 and I haven't had one since (now 44!). Never had the vaccine either, but that's not to say I won't ever. I also think its gas when people say they have the flu when its just a bad head cold. You wouldn't be out of your bed if it was the flu! You never forget what its like to have a flu, so you definitely know the difference! I remember it well as I was just home from Uni for Christmas and came down with the the day after I got home. I was in bed for half of my Christmas break!

There won't be as many people catching the flu this year with all the social distancing etc. Which is a good thing!

• Advertisement

How is it 5 again? strange that it seems to be stuck on that figure all the time!

Advertisement