Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covid-19 Kerry

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They probably all caught the covid and died!?

Stupid comment :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Thats not even remotely funny
    Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Stupid comment :mad:

Wow, we like seriously all need to like totally relax, and wean ourselves off the covid obsession, and get on with living our lives.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Wow, we like seriously all need to like totally relax, and wean ourselves off the covid obsession, and get on with living our lives.

Nothing to do with being obsessed with covid, its just a stupid comment!

I registered for the vaccine this morning, received my appointment by text this afternoon....for Sunday morning! I'm shocked I got an appointment so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

I registered for the vaccine this morning, received my appointment by text this afternoon....for Sunday morning! I'm shocked I got an appointment so quickly.

Hmm...so how old is Ciarrai76... :P:P:P

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Hmm...so how old is Ciarrai76... :P:P:P

I should have registered yesterday ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

I should have registered yesterday ;)

Ah now... you could have registered 4 weeks ago :D

Ah now... you could have registered 4 weeks ago :D

Thankfully I'm a lot younger :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I presume the 76 is the give away :)

:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Indeed...her 70th was an absolute blast....I'm telling you.... clicky hip or not...those pensioners can twerk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Both my wife and I were able to register for the vaccine on the hse site today. Neither of us will be 40 until later on this year but it seems to allow the registration once you have at least 1981 as a year of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

If 76 thats shocking... should have had a vacine weeks ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

diego_b wrote: »
    Both my wife and I were able to register for the vaccine on the hse site today. Neither of us will be 40 until later on this year but it seems to allow the registration once you have at least 1981 as a year of birth.

Anyone from 1976 - 1980 can register since Wednesday. I think the whole 'those aged 44 register Wednesday, and 43 on thursday' and so on is just a guideline so the website doesn't get overloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

I’m 40 so should be registering Sunday but reg yesterday morning (Thursday) within a few hours got txt telling me to be in Tralee Sunday for my jab. Honestly didn’t think it would happen that fast..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Tuesday for me, Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Just a word of warning, I registered for the vaccine on Friday morning and I logged in to the site later in the evening by chance and saw that they had offered me an appointment. I didn't receive any notification so if you do register, be sure to check the portal regularly. My wife did receive a text notification but don't rely on it being sent.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, I registered for the vaccine on Friday morning and I logged in to the site later in the evening by chance and saw that they had offered me an appointment. I didn't receive any notification so if you do register, be sure to check the portal regularly. My wife did receive a text notification but don't rely on it being sent.

Especially if there's a digit wrong in the number!

I ended up having to reschedule my appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

xxyyzz wrote: »

Posted the exact same circumstance, though some months ago. I did eventually get the text, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 relegation6

Registered on Saturday, got a text today to advise me of appointment this week (9th of June).

Too soon for me as I'm away from Tralee for this week.

Replied 'new' to text and my Wednesday appointment is now cancelled.

Hoping I won't be put to the back of the queue now....

• Advertisement

Registered on Saturday, got a text today to advise me of appointment this week (9th of June).

Too soon for me as I'm away from Tralee for this week.

Replied 'new' to text and my Wednesday appointment is now cancelled.

Hoping I won't be put to the back of the queue now....

I couldn't go on Sunday and I received a new appointment this morning by text for tomorrow, but I can't make it tomorrow either! I don't know how many times you are allowed reschedule!?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 relegation6

I couldn't go on Sunday and I received a new appointment this morning by text for tomorrow, but I can't make it tomorrow either! I don't know how many times you are allowed reschedule!?

Who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Definitely more than once anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Think you are allowed to reschedule twice, but I assume if you keep getting appointments that also don't suit, you could ring the HSE number for vaccines and explain the situation.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I got Saturday but couldn't go as I was away for the weekend and therefore rescheduled. The new date? Sunday!

Rescheduled again and got this morning so that's that done and dusted for now anyway. Very efficient operation up at the Kerry Sports Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

My 4 weeks are up this Thursday, got a text today for my 2nd jab this Thurs. Thats really efficient.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Registered yesterday, so hopefully I wont be waiting too long

Think you are allowed to reschedule twice, but I assume if you keep getting appointments that also don't suit, you could ring the HSE number for vaccines and explain the situation.

I rang this afternoon and she said there's no rules as to how many times you can reschedule. You may not get more texts, but you can ring and book again.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I rang this afternoon and she said there's no rules as to how many times you can reschedule. You may not get more texts, but you can ring and book again.

Oh that's good - got a Government information booklet in the post yesterday about vaccines, vaccination centres and other bits.

Would've thought that should have been sent out months ago, bit late when over half of the adult population have already experienced the vaccination process? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Oh that's good - got a Government information booklet in the post yesterday about vaccines, vaccination centres and other bits.

Would've thought that should have been sent out months ago, bit late when over half of the adult population have already experienced the vaccination process? :pac:

Perhspsthrit trying to do a sweep of those reluctant to take up the vaccine by presenting them with as much information as possible?

Advertisement