Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Chat. (MOD NOTE post# 3949 and post#5279)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,088 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

otmmyboy2 wrote: »
    Mellor you are confusing legal definitions from the US(where everything select fire is a "machinegun" as a legal definition, not as a functional description) with the actual terminology of firearms, which is where you are consistently going wrong
    I'm really not. I made no reference to the legal US definitions in my original post. Nor does it have anything to do with them.

An SMG fires pistol rounds. If we make it smaller, its form factor passes from rifle, to carbine, to pistol.
    You've disagreed with that. But your example doesn't work as you started with a rifle calibre. So not an SMG.
    Intent here is also key, particularly when it comes to lay people reporting on firearms, be they media of joe soap.
    Their knowledge of firearms meaning they are going to use terms which may not be accurate, or may be catch alls which are commonly misunderstood(ie automatic).
    The definitions in question are based on function.

Lay people will make mistakes. And those mistakes should be pointed out.
    Automatic being particularly problematic because it technically refers to the automatic functioning of the reloading mechanism, not the function of the fire control group, which is why there are terms semi and fully automatic, which because English is what it is, gets shortened to "automatic".
    Thus the one word, automatic, can be used to refer to both, one strictly correctly and the other as a slang word for fully automatic.

Common usage vs correct usage.
    For me an automatic when used in the media describes a fully automatic firearm only.
    I understand what you are saying. And I understand the history of the term automatic. But I disagree that it is correct in modern times.
    We are not talking about the language used in technical manuals, but everyday speech the media etc.

For me it comes down representation.
    If the media were to describe a pair on hunters out taking bunnies with a 22lr semi auto as "hunting with automatic weapons". I would not be ok with that. and many here have called out similar reports in this thread.
    Clearly, you are ok with that. To each their own

You are saying that is technically correct.
    I am saying it's incorrect in that forum and misleads the audience. . It's disingenuous imo.

So based on that. I consider "automatic pistol" to be analogous to machine pistol, and not a catch all for semi-auto and full-auto pistols.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    "Automatic pistol" is an old term from the turn of the last century when they started showing up on the market in sales literature."Colt's automatic pistol" "Webleys automatic pistol" etc So the terminology stuck,while mechanically incorrect it has become a common usage term for SEMI automatic handguns.
    Agreed. Fully understand how it came about in the days where everything else was manual.
    Depends on who you talk to...Say a" machine gun" to anyone in the military they think things like a Browning 50 cal,a M60 a GPMG. Belt fed, possible crew serviced weapon. They don't think of their individual service rifle as such .
    Say it to a civilian, they think anything that goes BRRRRTTT!!

Agreed.
    I consider "machine gun" to be something a dedicated gunner uses.

SMG>Assault Rifle>Battle Rifle>Machine Gun*

(*and even that is overly simplistic, as some light machine guns will use intermediate rifle rounds like an assaut rifle, such as the M248)

But kids playing with toys, or in the movies, machine gun is a generic terms for rapid fire firearm or any thing that goes BRRRTTTTT as you saying.

It might become a machine carbine first,then be shrunk further to a pistol.
    Agreed.

Not really,a pistol is still considered a firearm you can fire with one hand.
    Which you can do with the micro machine pistols. Although highly NOT recommended.

Well, that might depend on how big your hands are ;)
    Best way to describe this is to have a look at the UZI family of guns.

Starts with the well known UZI "machine pistol" [because of its OAL length it is more a machine carbine with an attached buttstock], then we have under that the Mini Uzi.Which is more of a machine pistol. Select fire,pistol sized with a folding stock if desired, and then the micro Uzi. Totally pistol sized select-fire ,and no buttstock,and short-lived in sales.

Good example.
    Because like most of these select-fire pistol designs, they are uncontrollable without a lot of practice and some sort of stock.Which makes them a poor submachine gun and destroys their supposed main function of being a concealable or small space saving weapon with select fire capability.You lose those 2 prerequisites once you need to have a stock on the gun.
    Agreed.I've seen that video of the guy shooting his hand with a select-fire pistol at the range.

A stock seems a minimum requirement for effective use. I'm not sure about those folding stocks that fold over the top of the firearm (like a mac-10).
    They seem most suited to drive-bys and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Depends what you're used to I suppose, have you been here in Ireland long?

50 years.born in Limerick boyyyyyss...You??? ;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Mellor wrote: »

Well, that might depend on how big your hands are ;)

Rather large in my case,and it's not recommendable.:eek::D
    A stock seems a minimum requirement for effective use. I'm not sure about those folding stocks that fold over the top of the firearm (like a mac-10).
    They seem most suited to drive-bys and movies

The MAC is a telescoping buttstock..Thinking of the Czech Skorpion? Which isn't too bad a design altogether for a biggish micro machine pistol.Trouble is with those folders is the recoil makes them flex like hell when fired and that transfers into ouch and inaccuracy .

The thing is for micros because of their ridiculous high rate of fire and light weight you have nothing to grip to make sure they stay on target after the first 2 shots,otherwise you end up sending a lot of lead skywards.:D
    Think the best solution still is the buttstock /holster combination like the Mauser or Stechkin or HK VP

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Just purely...What in the actual... FK??? This guy is not well in the head at all!!!
    Imagine if that was your daughter he was commenting on. However bad Trump might have been at least he wasn't cradle snatching!

!https://trendingpolitics.com/watch-joe-biden-stops-dead-in-middle-of-speech-and-delivers-creepiest-comment-to-little-girl-knab/?utm_source=ilmf&utm_medium=klaviyo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

We're always quick to talk about guns in America, especially when they're used in mass casualty events, but i've said before that its a mental health crisis America has, not a gun problem.

Case in point.

14yr old boy stabs 13 yr old girl to death. 114 stab wounds including 49 to her hands and arms (obviously trying to defend herself).

Sickening.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Cass wrote: »
    We're always quick to talk about guns in America, especially when they're used in mass casualty events, but i've said before that its a mental health crisis America has, not a gun problem.

Case in point.

14yr old boy stabs 13 yr old girl to death. 114 stab wounds including 49 to her hands and arms (obviously trying to defend herself).

Sickening.

Whatever happens over there, happens over here sooner or later. Drugs, organised crime, violence, social breakdown etc. There is a huge amount of crime that goes on, that simply isn't reported in the media here, or probably anywhere else in Europe.

I don't doubt it.

I've no data to back this up and perhaps with the lack of social media it did occur but wasn't as widely reported, however when i was younger it seemed if you had a problem there was a fist fight and that was the end of it. Nobody went for guns, knives, or other weapons.

I'm not so naïve to think that everything was Rose coloured glasses and perhaps i was sheltered from the extent of the violence even back then and could be talking through my backside.

One thing i would stand over is that things have escalated. Youngsters carrying these weapons and fully prepared to use them. The rise in "mass" events. IOW its not good enough that someone wants to hurt a particular person but they set out to hurt or kill anyone around them (whether known to them or not).

I don't know, i really don't.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What I don't really understand is why so many suicidal people in the US decide to go into their workplace and kill a pile of their colleagues before killing themselves. Have we ever had something like that here? Do many other countries have workers who 'go postal'?

If I fall out with someone here it's a "fcuk you" from me and a "fcuk you" from them and we pretty much avoid each other and that's about the size of it. I've never thought " fcuk that d1ckhead, I'm going to put a bullet in their head before I die" or "I hate my job, I'm going to kill a bunch of the fcukers before I kill myself".

I put it down to a lot of it being people being on or off their meds as well as the appalling mental health and lassitude that head doctors prescribe and then monkey around peoples doses.
    Add into that toxic soup,normal kids growing up and being medicated for "troublesome behaviour" and being" counselled" by someone with an agenda.
    Everyone expects teens to be rebellious or contrarian when you are growing up, puberty and hormones kick in and tart fuking about with their kids minds.Normal biological process.
    What is not normal is to decide to go and modify that process by adding mood-altering or mind-altering medication because as a parent "cant cope" or it has been diagnosed by some school official as "disruptive behaviour"

Throw that into those jungles that Americans call "high schools" and now universities with their intolerances and cancel cultures both in their social aspects and teaching[or lack off], bullying that used to end at the school gates,but now follows you home on your social media and I wouldn't be surprised some people decide to start shooting ...

Why don't we have these issues here...Yet. Is simple.We don't run to our head shrinkers with ourselves or our kids at every little given little crisis. Johnny covering his bedroom walls with Swastikas and saying Adolf was a great lad,or Janie moping up in her room pussing over some young fellah,or how the state of the oceans are in... We throw our eyes to heaven and get on with it..We don't rush them off to Dr Nutter to be filled up with Prozac.

Adults going postal in the workplace. Job stresses and your lifestyle in the US is on a completely different level to what we have here in Ireland.
    Losing your job over there is a worse situation than over here. Welfare won't carry you as much as it will here,and if you are fired,it can nullify your unemployment benefits as well plus it nullifies any medical or dental or other plans your company had in position for your families wellbeing.
    Most Americans are something like 2to3 times their annual salary in debt as well with monthly repayments on everything. So miss one of those and your credit rating starts to go into a tailspin, the repo guys are at the door for the car, and any further the bank foreclosed on your mortgage. God help you too if you are divorced and have to make alimony payments too...Unlike here, it's a thing over there that can badly screw you up too missing those.

Now, add to that you have an asshole boss, who has been on your case since day one, and maybe a clique of fellow assholes who are making life miserable for whatever reason, and finally, you are called in to be told you are fired or being let go for whatever reason...
    Lights out! !Thank you and good night!! Your life is now in terminal mess mode!! So you might just decide to take these fine specimens of humanity with you on that last trip,as you have nothing left to lose?

• Advertisement

Throw that into those jungles that Americans call "high schools" and now universities with their intolerances and cancel cultures both in their social aspects and teaching[or lack off], bullying that used to end at the school gates,but now follows you home on your social media and I wouldn't be surprised some people decide to start shooting ...

Yup, had this with my little niece. One of mummy's little darlings at school decided that my niece was from a lower socio-economic strata and therefore was only there for the amusement of her and her clique. Of course it was going on with tik-tok, facebook etc all day and night.

Me climbing over their electric gates, banging on their door and asking her father if he wanted to make something of it solved things in 2 nano-seconds :rolleyes:. Hey if you want to treat me like a savage, i'll behave like one :D.

I don't doubt it.

I've no data to back this up and perhaps with the lack of social media it did occur but wasn't as widely reported, however when i was younger it seemed if you had a problem there was a fist fight and that was the end of it. Nobody went for guns, knives, or other weapons.

I'm not so naïve to think that everything was Rose coloured glasses and perhaps i was sheltered from the extent of the violence even back then and could be talking through my backside.

One thing i would stand over is that things have escalated. Youngsters carrying these weapons and fully prepared to use them. The rise in "mass" events. IOW its not good enough that someone wants to hurt a particular person but they set out to hurt or kill anyone around them (whether known to them or not).

I don't know, i really don't.

I have to agree, i remember having scuffles with other lads at school. There would be an issue threats made from both sides, a two-dig scuffle in the park on the way home and that was the end of it. A normal part of growing up i reckon.

The father used to say that when he was growing up in the 40's and 50's, if there was a murder, it would be on the front page of every newspaper in the country, often for over a week. Now its a crime so common, it doesn't get much notice at all.

Thats all down to drugs, the people who take them stealing to feed a habit, and the low-life that sell them killing anyone who, in the slightest threatens them and their massive profits.

Rates of teenage metal health issues are on the rise and still rising over the last decade. Depression up by 52%, anxiety over 25%, general mental health issues overall up by 15%.

There is no break from the world. I know its not as simple as blaming one thing or pointing to one issue and saying "if we solve that it'll all be better", nor am I advocating for a return to the "chin up" attitude of 30+ years ago. Those bottled up issues are as bad and why some adults, middle aged and over, also behave/act as they do.
    • Social media
    • Over medicating
    • Fanaticism (of any kind)
    • Indoctrination of ideology (via schools, social media, etc)
    • The sense of entitlement
    • The media (for pushing any agenda which has real world effects)
    • Politicians for pandering to "crazes"
    • Arrogance (kids thinking they know it all at 18-25 and refusing to engage in discussion)
    • One parent homes
    • Social welfare system
    • Lack of identity (both personal and nationally)

These, for me, are just some of the causes of what is going on today. I'm not looking for everyone to "toe the line" especially my line of thinking/beliefs, but it has gone from believe what you will to believe what we tell you to or you're wrong, a fascist, racist, etc. IOW extremes both ideological and morally.

We've have the "you can't say that" decades ago, then it was the P.C. brigade, then millennials, then the woke, now Gen Z (i think), and of course cancel culture. IOW if you don't like it or believe as someone else does end them.

I can only hope it goes as it came like the other fads did.

Rates of teenage metal health issues are on the rise and still rising over the last decade. Depression up by 52%, anxiety over 25%, general mental health issues overall up by 15%.

There is no break from the world. I know its not as simple as blaming one thing or pointing to one issue and saying "if we solve that it'll all be better", nor am I advocating for a return to the "chin up" attitude of 30+ years ago. Those bottled up issues are as bad and why some adults, middle aged and over, also behave/act as they do.
    • Social media
    • Over medicating
    • Fanaticism (of any kind)
    • Indoctrination of ideology (via schools, social media, etc)
    • The sense of entitlement
    • The media (for pushing any agenda which has real world effects)
    • Politicians for pandering to "crazes"
    • Arrogance (kids thinking they know it all at 18-25 and refusing to engage in discussion)
    • One parent homes
    • Social welfare system
    • Lack of identity (both personal and nationally)

These, for me, are just some of the causes of what is going on today. I'm not looking for everyone to "toe the line" especially my line of thinking/beliefs, but it has gone from believe what you will to believe what we tell you to or you're wrong, a fascist, racist, etc. IOW extremes both ideological and morally.

We've have the "you can't say that" decades ago, then it was the P.C. brigade, then millennials, then the woke, now Gen Z (i think), and of course cancel culture. IOW if you don't like it or believe as someone else does end them.

I can only hope it goes as it came like the other fads did.

A lot of these kids don't even know what they are talking about or against. An effort made to talk to them and what they object to gets you either abuse or bovine stares :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I think the way mass killers become "celebrities" after the fact plays a part - most people can probably name one or more of them long after the fact from the way these incidents are reported. I think the NZ approach to their tragedy in 2019 was a good one, where a decision was made to avoid using the killer's name as much as possible and deny him the fame he was looking for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

civdef wrote: »
    I think the way mass killers become "celebrities" after the fact plays a part - most people can probably name one or more of them long after the fact from the way these incidents are reported. I think the NZ approach to their tragedy in 2019 was a good one, where a decision was made to avoid using the killer's name as much as possible and deny him the fame he was looking for.

I think it was a bit despicable honestly.
    His manifesto stated that one of his goals was to ensure gun banning happened as a result and that argument would spread to the US and start a racially motivated war as a result.
    The NZ PM gave him exactly what he wanted in that regard and the NZ shooting community suffered a massive blow and continue to do so as a direct result of one headache.

Its one thing not wanting to celebritize a murderer, it's quite another to willfully follow through with one of his manifesto's aims.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

His manifesto stated that one of his goals was to ensure gun banning happened as a result ...............

The NZ PM gave him exactly what he wanted in that regard .....................

.................... it's quite another to willfully follow through with one of his manifesto's aims.
    That was already in the works and the massacre was the catalyst to enact it as well as give leeway to enact even tougher laws that may have previously faced opposition/resistance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

That was already in the works and the massacre was the catalyst to enact it as well as give leeway to enact even tougher laws that may have previously faced opposition/resistance.

Oh I know, the end goal is slingshots being licenced as restricted firearms and everything else prohib :P

Still really rubbed me the wrong way, the inevitable knee jerk reaction approach that happens here too.

Realistically most countries which are liberal leaning(most western countries these days) are one serious shooting incident away from more gun control.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

I think it was a bit despicable honestly.
    His manifesto stated that one of his goals was to ensure gun banning happened as a result and that argument would spread to the US and start a racially motivated war as a result.

But that's entirely separate to the decision to no use his name which civdef refereed to.

I didn't read his manifesto, but I was under the impression that it was a racist, white supremacist type thing. Never heard about the gun control part

But that's entirely separate to the decision to no use his name which civdef refereed to.

I didn't read his manifesto, but I was under the impression that it was a racist, white supremacist type thing. Never heard about the gun control part

He described himself as an eco anarchist[Whatever the Hell that is]
    Copy included for your perusal.

NOTE.Im not advocating or promoting these idiots views."You of course being all loftier creations of the great Pumpkin are safe to entrust adult material to to form your own opinions on this matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The dumb fúcker couldn't even left justify the text properly....

I hadn't seen that document before, I don't know the guy's name - just that he was a coward who went and killed a bunch of unarmed innocent people at their place of worship. I think NZ did a pretty good job reducing his fame.

<MOD SNIP>

Its like a false flag operation.A anarcho leftie Aussie pretending to be extreme right wing in attacking a mosque that preaches jihad,but with a plan to start a race war and get gun confiscation going in NZ... While blathering on about the environment and every other conspiracy theory...One seriously fuked up dude!:mad:

He described himself as an eco anarchist[Whatever the Hell that is]
    Thanks for posting for information sake. I hadn't seen it before, will read ir properly at some point, just had a quick glance for now.

I think you misread the above. The term he used was eco-fascist.

< MOD SNIP>

Its like a false flag operation.A anarcho leftie Aussie pretending to be extreme right wing in attacking a mosque that preaches jihad,but with a plan to start a race war and get gun confiscation going in NZ... While blathering on about the environment and every other conspiracy theory...One seriously fuked up dude!:mad:
    I agree the ideologies are all over the place. But there's a bit of an irony in the above calling it a false flag and labelling him an anarchist leftie, when you actually mixed up anarchy and fascism.

I think the idea he want to ban guns is a false flag in itself. As he quite clearly, as otmmyboy2 stated, want to use 2nd amendment tensions to start a race war. The gun issue was a means to an end.

As I said, I haven't read it, and I'm sure its full of contradictions. But the cover has a pretty clear white national message. Conveniently decorating a Nazi black symbol.
    A messed up guy indeed.

ng the mosque's role in radicalizing those terrorists who went to fight for ISIS. Let's not forget that we're not untouched by Islamic terrorism here too, I live very close to Jihadi Jane and her cronies, so that really put's into perspective the threat of Islam.

Or that a few of the London bridge killers were fed ,watered and financed from an apartment in Limerick...Or that one of our own ,Kahlid Kelly "went all over Syria" with his kamikaze car bomb.

Or that a few of the London bridge killers were fed ,watered and financed from an apartment in Limerick...Or that one of our own ,Kahlid Kelly "went all over Syria" with his kamikaze car bomb.

I seen that video, the funniest thing i'd seen since the Benny Hill show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

Yeah, scary to think they're using Ireland as a base of operations and look how that worked out for Belgium. It's only a matter of time before they target us. I was trying to remember what his name was, I saw a documentary on him a few years ago. Didn't he blow himself up for a propaganda video?

Thanks for posting for information sake. I hadn't seen it before, will read ir properly at some point, just had a quick glance for now.

I think you misread the above. The term he used was eco-fascist.

IOW just as much a dipsht belief as an anarchist. Read the manifesto.he was/claimed to be influenced by multiple different political beliefs. Fascism, Communism, Liberteriarn[which also has a branch in Anarchasim].So saying he was Fash,or anarchist is acceptable.

< MOD SNIP >
    I agree the ideologies are all over the place. But there's a bit of an irony in the above calling it a false flag and labelling him an anarchist leftie, when you actually mixed up anarchy and fascism.

And here we were doing so well...And you had to try point-scoring and nitpicking...
    I think the idea he want to ban guns is a false flag in itself. As he quite clearly, as otmmyboy2 stated, want to use 2nd amendment tensions to start a race war. The gun issue was a means to an end.

Here's the relevant bits in Chronological order
    Article wrote:
    I chose firearms for the affect it would have on social discourse, the extra media coverage they would provide and the affect it could have on the politics of United states and thereby the political situation of the world. The US is torn into many factions by its second amendment, along state, social, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines.

With enough pressure the left wing within the United states will seek to abolish the second amendment, and the right wing within the US will see this as an attack on their very freedom and liberty. This attempted abolishment of rights by the left will result in a dramatic polarization of the people in the United States and eventually a fracturing of the US along cultural and racial lines.

Interviewer: So why not launch the attack in the US, not NZ? Won’t your attack result in calls for the removal of gun rights from Whites in the United states?
    Tarrant: Yes, that is the plan all along, you said you would fight to protect your rights and the constitution, well soon will come the time.

So black people, hispanics, orientals, and others work under a different US constitution to white people?...interesting!:rolleyes:

Interviewer: Won’t your attack result in calls for the removal of gun rights in the New Zealand?
    Tarrant : The gun owners of New Zealand are a beaten, miserable bunch of baby boomers, who have long since given up the fight.When was the last time they won increased rights? Their loss was inevitable.I just accelerated things a bit. They had long since lost their cities, take a look at Auckland. Did you really expect they would not also lose their rights

So only White people would lose their guns n the US going by this crackpot??:rolleyes::? How that shooting was going to influence a totally different culture 8,000miles away ,is still head-scratching.:confused:

Mellor wrote:
    As I said, I haven't read it, and I'm sure its full of contradictions. But the cover has a pretty clear white national message. Conveniently decorating a Nazi black symbol.
    A messed up guy indeed

Indeed, you need to read it to see how, if you can, as to how he reached his political stances.[Plural]

IOW just as much a dipsht belief as an anarchist...
    To be honest Griz, it’s quite hard to read this post. You seem to be struggling with your formatting of the quote tags.

Fascism may be just as dipsht anarchism. But they are on opposite ends of the left-right spectrum.
    It’s a rather convenient time to mix up your left and right wing.
    To be blunt, it doesn’t look like a genuine mistake.

To be clear, I don’t think your publicly supporting those actions or the NZ gunman. And I agree that some people have been radicalised through Islam - whether in person, online etc. But I don’t think that justifys making up any old sht that might stick. That’s literally how extremists groups/websites behave.

I don’t think I that pointing out these errors are nitpicking. The guy said said he was a communist, then an anarchist, then a libertarian, and now a fascism. You chose to cherry pick bits that suited your agenda. I think that’s a bit telling.

As the banning guns in NZ. He seams fully aware that was an outcome. But it also reads like he wants to split the states on the 2ndA. Start a race war. More deaths basically. Forcing the gun control issue is a means to achieve those deaths. Not the end goal.
    As Cass said, the control ball was already rolling in NZ. Much like Oz after the Port Arthur attack.

Where to begin?

I've deleted any posts that were making false claims as per rule 3 of this thread. I've also deleted any post that replied only to said false information. Any post that replied to the false information and other points were edited rather than deleted to remove the false information, only.

I've also deleted the name calling and insult trading. This goes against the site/forum rule #1, be civil to one another. No infractions were issued to any party, for the moment, in the hope this warning serves as notice of intent for the future.

From this moment on any posts claiming false information as fact, and any post using name calling/insults or any other form of personal attacks/abuse will be deleted in their entirety and the user infracted. There will be no further warnings on this.

• Advertisement

For the love of God.

C'mon China, get your act together.

Advertisement