Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

I hate Harrison :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

claw wrote: »
    I hate Harrison :)

I’m quite fond of him myself ;)

Slight chance that Klopp might give Salah a rest today which is making me doubt the captaincy on him. (Although if he does play....chasing the golden boot...)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

thunderdog wrote: »
    Slight chance that Klopp might give Salah a rest today which is making me doubt the captaincy on him. (Although if he does play....chasing the golden boot...)

Can’t see him being dropped fighting for golden boot and Liverpool also need to qualify for CL.

No chance of that happening. Mane is a cert too today. Between Firmino and Jota assuming he rests any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sold hatrick hero Bale (who propelled me to the top of a couple of mini leagues 2 weeks ago) for Kane. A pure blocking move. I hate myself.

Sold hatrick hero Bale (who propelled me to the top of a couple of mini leagues 2 weeks ago) for Kane. A pure blocking move. I hate myself.

You'd think Kane would be shooting on sight now if he wants the Golden Boot. Can't be relying on Salah not scoring now.

Last 3 captaincy days starting to look obvious enough-Bruno on the Tuesday, Salah/Kane on the Weds (Salah for myself as I don’t have Kane). Last day captaincy will be interesting. Salah the obvious choice but I might roll the dice on one one of Wood/Antonio/Mane instead. Depends how far off top 100 I am by then-if I’m close I’ll play it safe with Salah, if I have 20-30 point gap I’ll go for one of the differential options

Last 3 captaincy days starting to look obvious enough-Bruno on the Tuesday, Salah/Kane on the Weds (Salah for myself as I don’t have Kane). Last day captaincy will be interesting. Salah the obvious choice but I might roll the dice on one one of Wood/Antonio/Mane instead. Depends how far off top 100 I am by then-if I’m close I’ll play it safe with Salah, if I have 20-30 point gap I’ll go for one of the differential options

I actually hope Bruno is rested on Tuesday because it will be open it up a bit for potential captains. Fixtures not too bad for me considering I have players from 11 different teams during the week so hoping it counts for something.

The Jota injury has royally f*cked things up for me.

I went Bale - > Kane as a blocker yesterday morning but had enough funds to do Jota -> Kane.

• Advertisement

The Jota injury has royally f*cked things up for me.

I went Bale - > Kane as a blocker yesterday morning but had enough funds to do Jota -> Kane.

Do you have any transfers left? Spoilt for choice if you could have afforded Jota to Kane.

claw wrote:
    Do you have any transfers left? Spoilt for choice if you could have afforded Jota to Kane.

I had two left, but with Dunk suspended mid week and back at the weekend I'll have to replace Jota and go with 10 players midweek.

19 points off the top 100-going to need a different captain for the last match to squeeze into the top 100. Will probably either go for Harrison or Mane

19 points off the top 100-going to need a different captain for the last match to squeeze into the top 100. Will probably either go for Harrison or Mane

I should have got a lot more points than I did bearing in mind all my players played. Azpi, Dias and Kane a disaster this week. You still have Wood I think so he could be another alternative.

I should have got a lot more points than I did bearing in mind all my players played. Azpi, Dias and Kane a disaster this week. You still have Wood I think so he could be another alternative.

Yeah I’ve been lucky not having Kane-thought I would get punished more by not owning him. In terms of captaincy, I think Leeds will have a good chance of a few goals with the home fans there

Yeah I’ve been lucky not having Kane-thought I would get punished more by not owning him. In terms of captaincy, I think Leeds will have a good chance of a few goals with the home fans there

I hope so, I have Raphinha!

Here we are gents. Final day of a long long season of captaincy decisions.

I felt like I had to pick 4, 5,6 captains per game week every week (and got 70% of them wrong)

Used my last transfer mid week, no chips in this game so my final team feels abit anti climatic. I might captain Lewis Dunk for the craic.

Rank wise I'm at 3k. Neck and neck in one mini league which will comedown to my Creswell/Dunk/Mount vs his Dallas/Perreria/Havertz

Rank wise, who's in with a shot of a top 100, top 500, top 1k finish?

Anyone in with a hope of winning it Or?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Here we are gents. Final day of a long long season of captaincy decisions.

I felt like I had to pick 4, 5,6 captains per game week every week (and got 70% of them wrong)

Used my last transfer mid week, no chips in this game so my final team feels abit anti climatic. I might captain Lewis Dunk for the craic.

Rank wise I'm at 3k. Neck and neck in one mini league which will comedown to my Creswell/Dunk/Mount vs his Dallas/Perreria/Havertz

Rank wise, who's in with a shot of a top 100, top 500, top 1k finish?

Anyone in with a hope of winning it Or?

Looks like another top 100 finish for me barring a total meltdown today. Been a up and down season looking forward to a nice break now.

220th and 610th at the moment. Was 66th going into January and then opposed Man City pretty much for all their points that month. Haven't worked out how many points it cost me. I went down to about 400th because of it, battled back up since. Learned a lot this season from that experience. Enjoyed this season though and am looking forward to next season!

147th and 298th currently. Very happy with the first year playing the sky game-I much prefer the strategy and planning element in sky in comparison to fpl. I have 1 transfer left in my second team (298th) so will likely take out Bruno for somebody in that game.

In my first team there is a very slim chance of catching top 100 but I’ll need a differential captain to do it.

The plan for next season is to play more aggressively up to the second overhaul. Dare I say that I felt I had maybe a few too many transfers after the second overhaul which I punted on players with most not coming through (e.g. Auba, Lacazette, Maddison, KDB, Sigurrdson).

Out of interest, would anyone recommend any other fantasy formats to play next season (outside of Fpl, sky and fan team)?

• Advertisement

147th and 248th currently. Very happy with the first year playing the sky game-I much prefer the strategy and planning element in sky in comparison to fpl. I have 1 transfer left in my second team (248th) so will likely take out Bruno for somebody in that game.

In my first team there is a very slim chance of catching top 100 but I’ll need a differential captain to do it.

The plan for next season is to play more aggressively up to the second overhaul. Dare I say that I felt I had maybe a few too many transfers after the second overhaul which I punted on players with most not coming through (e.g. Auba, Lacazette, Maddison, KDB, Sigurrdson).

Out of interest, would anyone recommend any other fantasy formats to play next season (outside of Fpl, sky and fan team)?

I think you have played a blinder this year considering it's your 1st season. I think you were a bit unlucky with some of your punts. I think somewhere halfway between where I was in January and where you were with how many transfers you had left is where roughly where you needed to be. I think with all the podcasts and info out there, plus the fact the Sky game is getting more popular each year, means it is very difficult to do well in it. To have 2 teams in the top 250 going into the last day is a great achievement.

I think you have played a blinder this year considering it's your 1st season. I think you were a bit unlucky with some of your punts. I think somewhere halfway between where I was in January and where you were with how many transfers you had left is where roughly where you needed to be. I think with all the podcasts and info out there, plus the fact the Sky game is getting more popular each year, means it is very difficult to do well in it. To have 2 teams in the top 250 going into the last day is a great achievement.

Cheers, I got the rank wrong in my second team (actually 298th). Yeah with the 40 transfers for the season I was a bit over cautious on them-I was thinking we would get a lot more injuries to the main guys over the season (eg Salah, Kane, Bruno etc) but they were fit for most of it.

Teams definitely converge at the second overhaul with most people going for the same 8 or so players, making it difficult to climb the ranks.

Cheers, I got the rank wrong in my second team (actually 298th). Yeah with the 40 transfers for the season I was a bit over cautious on them-I was thinking we would get a lot more injuries to the main guys over the season (eg Salah, Kane, Bruno etc) but they were fit for most of it.

Teams definitely converge at the second overhaul with most people going for the same 8 or so players, making it difficult to climb the ranks.

Next season should be different hopefully, a lot more Saturday 3 o'clock so we won't have to have all the captain days we had to cover this season.

I am captaining Salah anyhow today on the basis that other people might punt on other captains. How many points off top 100 are you?

Next season should be different hopefully, a lot more Saturday 3 o'clock so we won't have to have all the captain days we had to cover this season.

I am captaining Salah anyhow today on the basis that other people might punt on other captains. How many points off top 100 are you?

19 points off. I have a few differential captain options:
    -Harrison
    -Mane
    -Wood
    -Antonio

Leaning towards Harrison. Had considered Mane but with Jota an outside chance of getting a few mins, Mane might not get the full 90.

Edit: getting mixed up here-I have Harrison, not Raphinha! Losing track of who I have in each team across the different formats!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

638th and 1037th going into today. Last month or two has been a real drag, haven't been able to make any ground really - I'm certainly not the only one that feels that way! So no chance of a top 100, though will give it another shot next season. Salah and Dallas for captains today. Good luck all. And some really good scores on here, especially from some of the first time players. It's good to see the game grow it offers a nice little challenge (and no price change headaches :D)

thunderdog wrote:
    Leaning towards Raphinha. Had considered Mane but with Jota an outside chance of getting a few mins, Mane might not get the full 90.

I'd still go Mane, he's due a haul.

Unless the Liverpool team do something daft and try to give every possible opportunity to Salah so he can win the golden boot. But that's doubtful.

I'd still go Mane, he's due a haul.

Unless the Liverpool team do something daft and try to give every possible opportunity to Salah so he can win the golden boot. But that's doubtful.

Cheers, yeah could go with Mane yet. I wonder with Salah targeting the golden boot, will the rest of the team (outside of Mane!) be targeting Salah-getting the majority of crosses/passes to him to get the goal.

I have 1 transfer left in my second team. I was planning on shipping out Bruno but forgot I also have Shaw. Best Shaw defender replacement? (Have Dallas and TAA). Thinking Robertson

I have 1 transfer left in my second team. I was planning on shipping out Bruno but forgot I also have Shaw. Best Shaw defender replacement? (Have Dallas and TAA). Thinking Robertson

Robertson all day long. Should get the passing points anyway. I would go with Mane too, Raphinha not far behind. I think if all 11 play you will move up the leaderboard anyway, at least I am hoping for that from my perspective!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Yeah Robertson a good pick I think

Advertisement