Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Home Delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

They were marked with a red warning and removed from the basket when I checked out again.

I've been using Tesco online for years, never seen so many unavailable items as I have lately.

Ok if they removed from basket it suggests it wasnt just that stock had run down over course of the day.
    Very strange. I had it happen to a few specific items after brexit kicked in but never that many.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Ok if they removed from basket it suggests it wasnt just that stock had run down over course of the day.
    Very strange. I had it happen to a few specific items after brexit kicked in but never that many.

The thing with Tesco is that they carry so many items that are slight variations on each other. So one day the night have the cherry plum tomatoes, 3 days later they have plum cherry tomatoes and so on and so forth. It’s why I abandoned Tesco online this time last year with having to book slots well in advance. Having to go and check which versions of items were left in my basket and which needed to be replaced was a nightmare. I was considering restarting until I saw these recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Got my weekly Delivery today. Everything I ordered arrived - no substitutions or missing items. Pleasant respectful Driver.
    All good !

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Got my weekly Delivery today. Everything I ordered arrived - no substitutions or missing items. Pleasant respectful Driver.
    All good !

Same here . Really pleased with Tesco delivery . I have never had an issue to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I must say that in general I have had no issues with short Dates on products. The printed receipt also warns if an item has a short date.

Checked back my receipt for 2nd March - the delivery on which lots of meat and fresh food were 'use by' 4th March. No reference anywhere on my printed receipt to short dates.

• Advertisement

The thing with Tesco is that they carry so many items that are slight variations on each other. So one day the night have the cherry plum tomatoes, 3 days later they have plum cherry tomatoes and so on and so forth. It’s why I abandoned Tesco online this time last year with having to book slots well in advance. Having to go and check which versions of items were left in my basket and which needed to be replaced was a nightmare. I was considering restarting until I saw these recent posts.

I used to use them for delivery years ago, but they withdrew that service to my area in 2019.

I only started using them again for Click and Collect due to Covid, and my options for grocery shopping were limited.

I'm getting my first vaccine at the weekend - as soon as I have the second dose done and dusted I will be going back to Aldi as quick as my legs can carry me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Checked back my receipt for 2nd March - the delivery on which lots of meat and fresh food were 'use by' 4th March. No reference anywhere on my printed receipt to short dates.

If this happens in future, ring Tesco and they will refund you if your driver/ Click and Collect person didn't tell you of the short dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

I'm always getting warning on my receipt, usually there's another sheet of paper with hand written notice plus driver reminds me as well. Same experience for over three years of online shopping with Tesco. One thing I noticed lately is, some items not available on android app, but if I do shopping on my desktop via browser, most of items are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

If this happens in future, ring Tesco and they will refund you if your driver/ Click and Collect person didn't tell you of the short dates.

Thanks - I did email them that night and was refunded. I feel the driver has enough to do - I don't bother him/her!

Different approaches in different shops etc - i have never seen any handwritten note about anything!

No red peppers available to me for last three/four deliveries, yet I can buy them in every other supermarket!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Hi guys, quick question, anyone know how to delete an address on your account on the Tesco website, or should I contact Tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Hi guys, quick question, anyone know how to delete an address on your account on the Tesco website, or should I contact Tesco?

Hey, if I go into 'My Account' on tesco website, it has an option for 'Your Address Book', and you can amend your home address.

However I know there is an option for other addresses which hasn't got an option to click into.

If you have problems with it, call the freephone number for customer services, they're really helpful, 1800 248 123 - 9am to 6pm Monday to Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Anyone find on a Mac that often the website does not work? Will not allow to checkout? I then have to go the app on iPhone and complete the order, I then have to delete safari passwords , shut down and restart and it might be then ok for a few days. Really annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Myramar

I'm an OAP.
    This time last year I heard about how the guards were renting a whole load of cars to look out for me.
    How the Postman was gonna look out for me. How the the wonderful Irish community of legendary friendly neighbours would not see me stuck.

For a year I saw No One! No Guards. No Postmen. No Neighbours.

No One except The Tescos Delivery Service who provide a professional and efficient service.

Dunnes, Supervalue etc., provide a crap and amateur service. Tescos got it right and they deserve our gratitude for it.

During the last year I have had many problems with the service:
    - One driver tore my gate off with the van.
    - I had duplicate deliveries.
    - Duplicate charges were made to my account that took ages to resolve.

Nevertheless they were streets ahead of the rest. I will never know if they saved my life but I always knew I could depend on them.

This is an excellent service and we need to give credit when credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Anyone find on a Mac that often the website does not work? Will not allow to checkout? I then have to go the app on iPhone and complete the order, I then have to delete safari passwords , shut down and restart and it might be then ok for a few days. Really annoying

Get this on the iPad. Either the checkout button is completely missing, or it’s there but you can’t click it. Drives me insane especially if I’m trying to edit what I’ve ordered, right before the cut off.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Red Wine from Tesco please ? €15 or less.
    We don't usually buy our Reds from there.

TIA.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced Red Wine from Tesco please ? €15 or less.
    We don't usually buy our Reds from there.

TIA.

I quite liked this one, Calvet Cahors Malbec €14

If you search for tesco finest 75cl, I've been impressed with any of the wines I've had from their tesco finest range e.g. Faugeres.

These are cheaper, in an around the €9 - €10 mark or on offer but are nice - Cune Crianza, Trivento Reserve Malbec.

Thanks for that tip !
    I searched for "Tesco Finest 75cl" and I am going to pick 2 different Reds from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Myramar wrote: »
    I'm an OAP.
    This time last year I heard about how the guards were renting a whole load of cars to look out for me.
    How the Postman was gonna look out for me. How the the wonderful Irish community of legendary friendly neighbours would not see me stuck.

For a year I saw No One! No Guards. No Postmen. No Neighbours.

No One except The Tescos Delivery Service who provide a professional and efficient service.

Dunnes, Supervalue etc., provide a crap and amateur service. Tescos got it right and they deserve our gratitude for it.

During the last year I have had many problems with the service:
    - One driver tore my gate off with the van.
    - I had duplicate deliveries.
    - Duplicate charges were made to my account that took ages to resolve.

Nevertheless they were streets ahead of the rest. I will never know if they saved my life but I always knew I could depend on them.

This is an excellent service and we need to give credit when credit is due.

Lovely to see this. It matters so much. So glad you found this support. I am an OAP too and permanently all but housebound

I am offshore Mayo and the only available supermarket is Supervalu who give an outstanding and super-efficient service.

I email the list and it comes over by ferry, and they have an excellent web page to "shop" on . And never an error. A few hilarious misunderstandings but that is fine. And a very cheerful and friendly service.

Also the local tourist office changed to covid support until this week and have been stars .

Its an awful pity Tesco didn't stop to consider all the OAPs and vulnerable customers they left behind in Tallaght when they cut them off cold by removing a much relied upon delivery service to them, and refused to even consider re-instatment during the pandemic.

Thanks to the smaller local Centra's and to a limited extent, SuperValu, who at least attempted to provide what limited service they could in the vacuum left behind by Tesco.

Credit where its due, and all.

Its an awful pity Tesco didn't stop to consider all the OAPs and vulnerable customers they left behind in Tallaght when they cut them off cold by removing a much relied upon delivery service to them, and refused to even consider re-instatment during the pandemic.

Why did this happen ? Did the Tesco branch close ? Or just stop delivering to a particular area ? Seems odd as Tallaght is an urban area.

• Advertisement

April 2019. Its not all of Tallaght, but it is a large part of it. The are making the usual claims of anti-social behaviour as the reason, but I I find it highly exaggerated - I had been getting home deliveries for well over ten years, and then one day they just stopped.

I only found out when I rang to ask where my delivery was when it was 3 hours late and they asked me to make my own way out to Naas to collect my shopping. Nor were they concerned if I actually had the funds to go out and shop somewhere else, when it took them two weeks to refund that order.

They were asked if they were not prepared to reinstate deliveries, would they at least consider setting up a click and collect space at The Square, but they didn't do that either, despite opening new click and collect areas in other Tesco's all over the country.

So, thats another reason why as soon as I have vax #2 in my arm and the waiting time is passed, I'll be straight back to shopping in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why did this happen ? Did the Tesco branch close ? Or just stop delivering to a particular area ? Seems odd as Tallaght is an urban area.

I get mine regularly with no problem in Tallaght . More towards Firehouse but still classed as Tallaght . I never have an issue

Cant really blame tesco for that if drivers don't feel safe going to those areas..

aaronc182 wrote: »
    Cant really blame tesco for that if drivers don't feel safe going to those areas..

If they had blacklisted the addresses or even the individual roads where these alleged incidents happened, I'd understand that better, but that's not what they did.

Instead they imposed a blanket ban across a large area with an ageing population, with no notice, and left a lot of elderly people stuck until they figured some other way to get their groceries.

The nearest click and collect at the time was Blanchardstown, with click an collect not even opening in LV until over a year later in summer 2020.

So you can see why I don't exactly subscribe to the "aren't tesco wonderful to their elderly customers" fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Anyone notice when browsing for products on the site, the product images are missing? It's really annoying :(

Anyone notice when browsing for products on the site, the product images are missing? It's really annoying :(

Yeah it's happening to me for a few items, regular stuff I've been buying for yonks but now no image in basket.

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Yeah it's happening to me for a few items, regular stuff I've been buying for yonks but now no image in basket.

Yeah, me too. It is irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Happening to me also and I am still having issues where I can either not log in or cannot complete my order on my Mac and have to finish on my iPhone.
    I have to clear history , remove all passwords , restart machine in order to get back to Tesco website. So annoying.
    I did email them , they asked for screenshots so I just sent them on (doubt nothing will change though!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I complained once and they struck the address off. No loss really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Pandiculation

The biggest issue I’ve had with them and an older resistive is the lack of bags. She’s just not able to cope with dealing with unloading individual items at the door and it puts her under huge sense of pressure.

Often the guy would arrive and just stand way back as an elderly lady tried to unload the crates, wouldn’t even put them on her doorstep due to COVID rules - they would just leave the crates on the pavement outside and then stand back at the van. So she was loading each item into a her shopping trolley / trundle at the door.

When I found out how much hassle she was having, we switched to SuperValu. It’s a bit more expensive but the items are delivered in lined crates which makes a huge difference to her and the delivery guys are just so much more helpful. I know it’s a few extra pieces of plastic, but they’re disposed of carefully.

It’s a huge difference for her and it’s big boost to her sense of independence - we won’t be using Tesco again.

Also tried comparison myself for home delivery and SuperValu will actually phone and go through any substitutions or out of stock items. Extremely slick service. Tesco just substituted weird items when I tried them and seem to have had way more out of stock items.

It could be difference between individual stores but I’ve found SuperValu just leagues ahead of them on home delivery.

I would also echo that their website doesn’t work properly on Safari. I had to use Firefox to get it it work.
    Buttons go missing, things become unclickable. Again, no such issues on SuperValu.

Advertisement