Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nightvision law/license/legality

2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 36 Mr.Sir

Re-reg

Deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Richard308 wrote: »

It's coming up 7 in stock and I can order for delivery to my registered address here in Kerry.

Usually if an order can't be delivered to Ireland for any reason it clearly states that.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

GolfVI wrote: »
    A couple months ago I contacted opticwarehouse based in the UK in regards to ordering a normal scope and getting it shipped over. I was unsure if I needed an import license or end user agreement.
    I've imported about half a dozen scopes from the UK and all that was ever needed was an end user. The guy, from Sightron, told me its because they were over 4 power as anything under that doesn't need and End User.

Has that been changed/removed since Brexit, or did they tell you?
    The company replied stating they had no problem shipping over a normal scope, however they would not ship a NV or Thermal optic without the correct licence.
    Good info, thanks.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,070 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Technical Details
    Sport Hunting
    Brand Pard
    Manufacturer Pard
    ASIN B08L85RXVF
    Additional Information
    Delivery information: We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK ( Details). We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.

Tried it on three different scopes two dedicated rifle and on the previous gen Pard,same reply...Does not ship outside the UK.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Richard308

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Technical Details
    Sport Hunting
    Brand Pard
    Manufacturer Pard
    ASIN B08L85RXVF
    Additional Information
    Delivery information: We cannot deliver certain products outside mainland UK ( Details). We will only be able to confirm if this product can be delivered to your chosen address when you enter your delivery address at checkout.

Tried it on three different scopes two dedicated rifle and on the previous gen Pard,same reply...Does not ship outside the UK.

Oh for god sake I just ordered the pard. Bloody hell, try and cancel it now. Can you explain to my wife if I can’t why I was even looking at night vision scopes, never mind buying one. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

I didn’t need one, I was just ordering a normal scope so had it shipped over no problem. They just stated they don’t ship over NV or Thermal.Must have just been a reply they send to anyone asking a similar question

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Cass wrote: »
    I've imported about half a dozen scopes from the UK and all that was ever needed was an end user. The guy, from Sightron, told me its because they were over 4 power as anything under that doesn't need and End User.

Has that been changed/removed since Brexit, or did they tell you?

Good info, thanks.

This was a couple months before Brexit so not sure if things changed. It was a 6-24x44 Hawke scope, ordered, shipped and delivered without any hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Ryan air flight over, taxi to the shop and buy in person (post covid lunacy that is).

If you read the text that is in red in your post that in no way says they do not ship outside the UK.

What's happening is when I hit the link I already have a business account registered with them so they immediately warn me if the item I am looking at will not be shipped to Ireland and that Pard 008 can be at my door on 12-13th May not a bother.

If you open an account and put in your address it will show you delivery dates.

Well you must have some strange account with them, because when I put it in with delivery to the ROI it comes up at the prepayment details We cannot ship this to your adderss,etc,etc...

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

tudderone wrote: »
    Ryan air flight over, taxi to the shop and buy in person (post covid lunacy that is).

Just order the previous model from Amazon.de,without all the hassle about having a reticle function inbuilt into it at 300 euros cheaper,and buy a few shims and a clamp mount and carry on without red flagging yourself?:P

Oh for god sake I just ordered the pard. Bloody hell, try and cancel it now. Can you explain to my wife if I can’t why I was even looking at night vision scopes, never mind buying one? ��

No worries...Soon have you sorted!

Dear Mrs 308
    Mr 308 was a bit silly trying to prove a point and ordered an 850 euro night sight by mistake while trying to surprise you. He got the pages mixed up while looking to purchase you, the love of his life something you always wanted.

Fortunately, Amazon have a return and refund policy for any such whoopsies. All Mr 308 has to do is fill in the paperwork and pop it back in the post and on receipt of the goods you get a full refund.:) he can then concentrate properly on buying you that lovely item you have alawys dreamed of.

No need to batter him with the rolling pin or any other blunt objects,or put him in the dog house or upset your domestic bliss in the 308 household as we all make mistakes and he probably has learned in the future,to use a credit card with little or no balance on it to make sure should such happen the sale is rejected anyway due to low funds and to use the proper card for you and only you.
    He is a good man, just gets carried away betimes and gets flustered trying to multitask,something best left to you ladies.[Apologies if I assumed your gender there]
    Sincerely his pal Grizzly and others on Boards.ie shooting.

There ya go.Show her that and you are home and dry. We'll all back you up here and are right behind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Richard308

Dear Mrs 308
    Mr 308 was a bit silly trying to prove a point and ordered an 850 euro night sight by mistake while trying to surprise you. He got the pages mixed up while looking to purchase you, the love of his life something you always wanted.

Fortunately, Amazon have a return and refund policy for any such whoopsies. All Mr 308 has to do is fill in the paperwork and pop it back in the post and on receipt of the goods you get a full refund.:) he can then concentrate properly on buying you that lovely item you have alawys dreamed of.

No need to batter him with the rolling pin or
    [/

There ya go.Show her that and you are home and dry. We'll all back you up here and are right behind you.

Thanks for that bud, I cancelled and thankfully all sorted. Rolling pin would be the least of my worries. She’s well able to work a trigger to great effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Do you need a licence to buy it?

Point is ?

I can buy a gun or a car without a licence but I cannot use them legally without one

Do you need a licence to buy it?

Nope! Because that particular model on amazon.de is an add-on unit with no inbuilt aiming reticles either physically or in its programming. You could just as easily use it on a spotting scope for long-range night photography or as a handheld unit.

That's why it's freely available in Germany for sale. If it had an aiming reticle or was a dedicated weapons mountable system you couldn't buy it, unless you were a registered hunter in certain states for nighttime boar hunting, which are now at plague proportions.
    So yeah,you can buy that one and import it here no trouble and license-free.What you do with it then is up to you and the law if caught.:)

LATER Unit in question for those who might fancy one.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/NV007a-Universal-Adaptor-Battery-Charger/dp/B08CHLR4LP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Pard&qid=1620660447&s=photo&search-type=ss&sr=1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Dear Mrs 308

No need to batter him with the rolling pin or any other blunt objects,or put him in the dog house or upset your domestic bliss in the 308 household as we all make mistakes and he probably has learned in the future,to use a credit card with little or no balance on it to make sure should such happen the sale is rejected anyway due to low funds and to use the proper card for you and only you.
    He is a good man, just gets carried away betimes and gets flustered trying to multitask,something best left to you ladies.[Apologies if I assumed your gender there]
    Sincerely his pal Grizzly and others on Boards.ie shooting.

Hahaha love it. I think you may have created a gap in the market... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

You're a bit late to the party bro, sorry can't help you.

I am surprised you even acknowledged my reply but I did not expect much of a response anyway as you seem to have tunnel vision with your witch hunt.
    Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement