Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightvision law/license/legality

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Richard308 wrote: »
    Oh for god sake I just ordered the pard. Bloody hell, try and cancel it now. Can you explain to my wife if I can’t why I was even looking at night vision scopes, never mind buying one? ��

No worries...Soon have you sorted!

Dear Mrs 308
    Mr 308 was a bit silly trying to prove a point and ordered an 850 euro night sight by mistake while trying to surprise you. He got the pages mixed up while looking to purchase you, the love of his life something you always wanted.

Fortunately, Amazon have a return and refund policy for any such whoopsies. All Mr 308 has to do is fill in the paperwork and pop it back in the post and on receipt of the goods you get a full refund.:) he can then concentrate properly on buying you that lovely item you have alawys dreamed of.

No need to batter him with the rolling pin or any other blunt objects,or put him in the dog house or upset your domestic bliss in the 308 household as we all make mistakes and he probably has learned in the future,to use a credit card with little or no balance on it to make sure should such happen the sale is rejected anyway due to low funds and to use the proper card for you and only you.
    He is a good man, just gets carried away betimes and gets flustered trying to multitask,something best left to you ladies.[Apologies if I assumed your gender there]
    Sincerely his pal Grizzly and others on Boards.ie shooting.

There ya go.Show her that and you are home and dry. We'll all back you up here and are right behind you.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Richard308

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Dear Mrs 308
    Mr 308 was a bit silly trying to prove a point and ordered an 850 euro night sight by mistake while trying to surprise you. He got the pages mixed up while looking to purchase you, the love of his life something you always wanted.

Fortunately, Amazon have a return and refund policy for any such whoopsies. All Mr 308 has to do is fill in the paperwork and pop it back in the post and on receipt of the goods you get a full refund.:) he can then concentrate properly on buying you that lovely item you have alawys dreamed of.

No need to batter him with the rolling pin or
    [/

There ya go.Show her that and you are home and dry. We'll all back you up here and are right behind you.

Thanks for that bud, I cancelled and thankfully all sorted. Rolling pin would be the least of my worries. She’s well able to work a trigger to great effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

Do you need a licence to buy it?

Point is ?

I can buy a gun or a car without a licence but I cannot use them legally without one

• Registered Users Posts: 14,932 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Do you need a licence to buy it?

Nope! Because that particular model on amazon.de is an add-on unit with no inbuilt aiming reticles either physically or in its programming. You could just as easily use it on a spotting scope for long-range night photography or as a handheld unit.

That's why it's freely available in Germany for sale. If it had an aiming reticle or was a dedicated weapons mountable system you couldn't buy it, unless you were a registered hunter in certain states for nighttime boar hunting, which are now at plague proportions.
    So yeah,you can buy that one and import it here no trouble and license-free.What you do with it then is up to you and the law if caught.:)

LATER Unit in question for those who might fancy one.

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/NV007a-Universal-Adaptor-Battery-Charger/dp/B08CHLR4LP/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Pard&qid=1620660447&s=photo&search-type=ss&sr=1-3

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭pm.

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Dear Mrs 308

No need to batter him with the rolling pin or any other blunt objects,or put him in the dog house or upset your domestic bliss in the 308 household as we all make mistakes and he probably has learned in the future,to use a credit card with little or no balance on it to make sure should such happen the sale is rejected anyway due to low funds and to use the proper card for you and only you.
    He is a good man, just gets carried away betimes and gets flustered trying to multitask,something best left to you ladies.[Apologies if I assumed your gender there]
    Sincerely his pal Grizzly and others on Boards.ie shooting.

Hahaha love it. I think you may have created a gap in the market... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds

You're a bit late to the party bro, sorry can't help you.

I am surprised you even acknowledged my reply but I did not expect much of a response anyway as you seem to have tunnel vision with your witch hunt.
    Enjoy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement