Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yeah expecting bottom three here too.. the only thing resembling something about Easter (vaguely) is the name in the title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Does that mean no one entered Sweet Like Chocolate? :eek:
    I thought that was almost guaranteed to make it in

Trigger wrote: »
    Yeah expecting bottom three here too.. the only thing resembling something about Easter (vaguely) is the name in the title :pac:
    Likewise, it's tenuous if I'm being generous :pac:
    It's also a song I didn't like initially but grew on me massively with time. That may not be a good walrus entry!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Necro.. my song is about our Lord saviour Jesus Christ.. with that in mind you can bump me up a few places

tenor.gif

Trigger wrote: »
    Necro.. my song is about our Lord saviour Jesus Christ.. with that in mind you can bump me up a few places
    Sure, god is everywhere, so must be in every song, right?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

A couple of the ones on my short list before sending in the entry, yes I'm Eggspecting a wooden spoon this round :D

There really was only one song I could choose for Easter Sunday!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So did I!

Necro wrote: »
    And in FIRST Place with 28 points

Spook_ie

Nathan Evans, Ant Mc Partlin & Declan Donnelly – Wellerman (Saturday Night Takeaway Version)

Not sure if you’re all into Tik Tok or not but this appears to be the latest ‘fad’ that’s taken hold from the video sharing app. This went to the top of the list and was never moving – it’s bloody fantastic. What’s not to love? Sea Shanties? Check. Ant & Dec dancing with brooms? Check? It’s just amazing and I’m addicted to watching the video ever since it was sent to me :D A winner by a country mile of this category! Well done Spook!

Thought I'd better see what all the fuss was about with the winner...

AnotherViciousDuiker-size_restricted.gif

...I'll leave you guys to your fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

AnotherViciousDuiker-size_restricted.gif

I felt the same, top-2 not my cup of tea.
    But overall a very good and diverse list.

Big shout-out to Kathleen: an amazing choice. I am familiar with Pachelbel's Canon in D Major because Brian Eno included it in his Discreet Music album, haven't heard it in ages though, so it was good to listen to it again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You think that's bad, wait till you see how people are casting you in various movies :pac:

Cast the Boardsies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Will have to catch up tomorrow as have people over tonight, hopefully my song wasn’t too religious focussed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

kitten_k wrote: »
    Will have to catch up tomorrow as have people over tonight, hopefully my song wasn’t too religious focussed!!

Mine isn't at all, so we will balance each other out!!! :D

I wasn't too harsh on the theme in this round either one way or the other tbh, it's a vague enough theme anyways so wasn't really strict on entries.

Some that were on point with the theme scored very well, others... did not.

Overall I really liked the Sunday playlist though, probably my second favourite of this Walrus (after Friday)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I almost did but then i remember a chocolate themed dance tune that was more my level :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I wasn't too harsh on the theme in this round either one way or the other tbh, it's a vague enough theme anyways so wasn't really strict on entries.

Overall I really liked the Sunday playlist though, probably my second favourite of this Walrus (after Friday)

Ah here now you're raising my EGGspectations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

hopefully my love song got me a brownie point for at least fitting the brief :o :pac:

Slight delay for the conclusion of Reberetta's Thirty Questions folks.

If you're not at anything, it's worth the read though... simply fantastic.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058174732

Right, lettuce get this show on the road folkareenos!!!!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Great there is a delay..only got online... re my sunday choice..I am not even sure you would call it a song song but it fitted the brief ...at least in my imagination :D

• Advertisement

In 25th place with 4 points

Deleted User

Childish Gambino – Zombies

I’m afraid I just didn’t really like the singer’s voice here. The background music is ok, but yeah I just wasn’t gone on this at all.

In 24th place with 5 points

Speckle

Land Before Time II – Eggs!

This video ain’t on the playlists I’ll be posting as it won’t let me add it. Tbh, you’re not missing much. It’s a grand song about how the dinosaur likes to eat eggs. I do like music from animated films but this falls a little flat tbh. The sidekick’s voice is really really annoying and it’s all just a bit meh.

In 23rd place with 6 points

Kitten_k

Michelle Williams feat. Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – Say Yes

This song is a bit cult-like, ‘When Jesus Says Yes, Nobody can Say No’ – grammar issues aside, I can’t quite buy what the girls are selling here. It’s a grand track but the chorus is just ridiculous

In 22nd place with 7 points

Irish Aris

Florence & The Machine – Rabbit Heart

I really like Florence’s voice in all her tracks, very distinguishable. Yet I feel it’s a bit understated in this one? No bad thing but I’m a fan of her absolutely hammering home the choruses such as in Dog Days Are Over etc.

Aaaawwwww :(

Aaaawwwww :(

Really wanted to like it but just never clicked with me. I'd have loved to have a track with Zombie in the title as the winner :pac:

In 21st place with 8 points

Sawduck

Gossip – Heavy Cross

This one started pretty well, probably in or around the top 5 but with each listen lost a bit of steam. It’s a good listen, but once you’ve heard it once or twice there’s no real clamour to go back for it again I feel. Still, a decent effort.

Really wanted to like it but just never clicked with me. I'd have loved to have a track with Zombie in the title as the winner :pac:

That's ok. We can't get it right all the time.

And you haven't. You're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong! :pac: :pac:

In 20th place with 9 points

Electric Nitwit

The National – Pink Rabbits

A nice track, a bit slow for my tastes normally but I can appreciate the quality all the same. Enjoyed this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm fecking shocked that mine wasn't the first one out of the stumbling blocks tbh !

Advertisement