Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    In 12th place with 17 points
    Kolido

Sugar Ray – Every Morning

I’m being very lenient on this one as I’m failing to see the overall theme fulfilment
    Definitely need to hear Kol's justification :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

cee_jay wrote: »
    Well that did better than I thought it would! I think with a musical song, sometimes taken out of context you lose part of the "story".

Agreed, I haven't seen Book of Mormon, though it's on my must-see list

Agreed, I haven't seen Book of Mormon, though it's on my must-see list
    Dublin this November!
    I'm going :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Dublin this November!
    I'm going :D

Hmmm... that's my birthday month too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Beeeers!

And non alcoholic beverages!

• Advertisement

In 11th place with 18 points

KathleenGrant

Aretha Franklin – Say A Little Prayer

Who doesn’t like this song in fairness? Perfect for the category too. She has a gorgeous voice and I just love that chorus with her backing choir.

Also... poor taste in music my arse KG!! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Hmmm... that's my birthday month too :D

We had tickets for December last year for his birthday. They got rescheduled to November this year.on my birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Judas....imspired choice.

Next we move into our

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Judas....imspired choice.

I know right? :pac: (I've already entered this into one of the many Walrus in eternal hiatus)

• Advertisement

Aretha Franklin – Say A Little Prayer
    Who doesn’t like this song in fairness?
    Yep, absolute classic!

ShaneU wrote: »
    I know right? :pac: (I've already entered this into one of the many Walrus in eternal hiatus)
    I never know whether to wait for those, or reuse a song so that it gets to see the light of day :p

In 10th place with 19 points

Rikand

Chocolate Puma – I Wanna Be You

Vaguely remembered this song as it kicked in, again like I was saying before I love the ould crescendoing in dance tracks and this one does it very well. Very nice choice, and also rather unique in terms of this category. Would prefer this to the Italian house of earlier

Would have probably been top 5 here even on a brief first listen :cool:

I never know whether to wait for those, or reuse a song so that it gets to see the light of day :p

I entered the same song again into Rikand's because it fit the category so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

In 10th place with 19 points

Rikand

Chocolate Puma – I Wanna Be You

Vaguely remembered this song as it kicked in, again like I was saying before I love the ould crescendoing in dance tracks and this one does it very well. Very nice choice, and also rather unique in terms of this category. Would prefer this to the Italian house of earlier

great dance song.
    I am pretty sure I have submitted this in someone's Walrus in the past.

In 9th place with 20 points

Barna77

Monthy Python – Every Sperm Is Sacred

This is just brilliant, right on point thematically and hilarious to boot. Fantastic choice. Can you imagine the absolute MELTDOWN online if this was produced today :pac::pac:

Just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Barna77

This is just brilliant, right on point thematically and hilarious to boot. Fantastic choice. Can you imagine the absolute MELTDOWN online if this was produced today :pac::pac:

Just brilliant.

Holy fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

awh shane i love this! never heard it before

Barna77

Ha ha, haven't heard that for ages, brilliant :pac:
    I did consider the much more obvious MP song!

• Advertisement

In 8th place with 21 points

Mam of 4

Johnny Cash – How Great Thou Art

I know well a lot may not like this track but I don’t care, it’s my Walrus and I love Cash :P Just really enjoyed this one, which I had not heard in about 10 years. Great choice!

You can relax now Mam, your torture is complete :D

I know well a lot may not like this track but I don’t care, it’s my Walrus
    No, you've misunderstood, we're not here to judge each other, we're all here to judge Necro ;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Phew !!
    Fecking delighted you liked it , a risky choice I thought :pac:

In 7th place with 22 points

Spook_ie

CG5 – Egg (Song)

Eggseptionally puntastic entry ;) Again humour is so hit and miss with me but the three humourous entries this round have been on point and I just preferred this slightly more. Poor ould Eggbert :(

In 6th place with 23 points

Bubblypop

The Stone Roses – I Am The Resurrection

I really like this track, despite my utter hatred for that clown Ian Brown, who can be seen on Twitter screaming about conspiracy theories nowadays. I remember I went to see Oasis in the Point and he was the opening act, I was only a young fella but never have I seen such a detestable asshole in all my time, and Liam Gallagher was on stage later that night! Anyways, back to the song, no denying it’s a stone cold classic and absolutely on point for this round. Good choice. Just don’t put me in a room with Ian Brown :P

Was going to enter The Stone Roses but figured someone else would do it for me :pac:

Was going to enter The Stone Roses but figured someone else would do it for me :pac:
    Ditto :p
    Wish I had now!

Oh thank God for that!!!
    Have to work early tomorrow, bed time for me, I'll catch up in the morning 😀

Love The Stone Roses, could not believe when I got to see them in concert! Twice :)

In 5th place with 24 points

fixXxer

DC Talk – Jesus Freak

Initially I thought this was just gonna be some sort of Nirvana-lite, very grungy opening. But boy was I wrong. Really enjoyed this track, in particular the main singer’s voice. Nothing special about it, just very assured and projects well. I like the switch between almost rapping and singing too, it fits very well in this song.

• Advertisement

In 4th place with 25 points

Barney92

Rend Collective – My Lighthouse

This is just a great song that I loved from the first time I put it on. Was very tempted to rank it in the top 3 but I felt they were a little more on theme than this one. Not a knock on just how good the song is though, particularly that beautiful chorus.

Advertisement