Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think at this stage so many are absolutely exhausted with having our lives curtailed to such an extent. Leadership feels missing. There is no inspiration or hope only calls to "do more". What more can we possibly do?

I see it’s round my area and some people are sticking to the guidelines and others are doing there own thing. As someone said in an article I read a few months back “The virus doesn’t travel but people do” and it’s very true :)

To be fair I’m enjoying my time off and I’ll never have this time off again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Autosport wrote: »
    To be fair I’m enjoying my time off and I’ll never have this time off again :)

I feel absolutely the same, we'll never again have this time, so I'm enjoying it for what it is, getting all those little jobs done around the house, catching up on reading and movies, fitter that I ever was from all the walks, all is good, there will be time for holidays, pubs, meals out, in their own time, the main thing for now is that we're all staying safe.

Freedom has always been important to me. My world has never been small. I like to be able to get on a train for a day out or decide to go for a coffee with a friend or take a trip up the mountain, for life to be more.
    I'm so lucky that I can work, that I have a comfortable home and a loving relationship. That freedom though. I can't figure out how to be ok with it gone.

And I feel really sad for others. For strangers. All the people who are in dire straits because of this. I encountered a lot of "it doesn't negatively impact me so we must keep going" attitudes since the pandemic began and it's just terrible.

Death comes to all. Will the journey be rich or will it be empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Going to watch '999: what's your emergency?' and then head to bed

Only have two meetings next week, yay :)

I encountered a lot of "it doesn't negatively impact me so we must keep going" attitudes since the pandemic began and it's just terrible.

But why is it terrible, yes i know our freedom is curtailed to an extent but thank god us and our loved ones are safe and well from this awful virus so surely that's the main thing, we'll get to go on holidiays/pubs/restaurants again at some stage, it might take another 6 months or 12 months but I've no problem with that, it's a small ask.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Coffee time, jeez my eyelids are heavy. I feel my energy levels have gone to sh1t since lockdowns began.

Coffee time, jeez my eyelids are heavy. I feel my energy levels have gone to sh1t since lockdowns began.

Stick with the coffee or a Coke Zero is great as well to get the energy levels up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I have the hiccups agh! I'm such a drama when i get them :o

GoneHome wrote: »
    But why is it terrible, yes i know our freedom is curtailed to an extent but thank god us and our loved ones are safe and well from this awful virus so surely that's the main thing, we'll get to go on holidiays/pubs/restaurants again at some stage, it might take another 6 months or 12 months but I've no problem with that, it's a small ask.

I think that attitude I referred to in my post as terrible is because I really struggle with viewpoints that don't take in to account wider experiences.

As for pubs etc, we absolutely will get to have those things again. I think you have found a way to be comfortable with the current restrictios and make the most of it. That is a really good thing because it means this will be very manageable for you. For me I get on with it but will never ever be ok with living like this.

When it comes to me and the people I love being safe. Well. My Dad God love him has a poor grasp on the Virus so that means hand shaking and no social distancing. I gave up trying to police him. For him there are worst things than Covid and that's a life of isolation and fear.
    In saying that he doesn't go out a whole lot and there wouldn't be visitors to the house anyways.

My mam and dad in law are sick to the teeth of it. We've visited them numerous times. They remain Covid free. Obviously we don't want the people we care about to get sick but most are well able to look after themselves and make their own decisions. It's really just my Dad that wouldn't be the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Bedtime for me, I managed to avoid some ballistic missiles and drones :):)

Never a dull moment around here :)

Alarm set for 6 hours from now to watch the ireland England game, who won ?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

smurfjed wrote: »
    Bedtime for me, I managed to avoid some ballistic missiles and drones :):)

Never a dull moment around here :)

Alarm set for 6 hours from now to watch the ireland England game, who won ?:)

Wait to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Look down to, no?? :P

Yes yes fair point :p

Wait to see it.

The Wales v France game was great too, some finish.

Freedom has always been important to me. My world has never been small. I like to be able to get on a train for a day out or decide to go for a coffee with a friend or take a trip up the mountain, for life to be more.
    I'm so lucky that I can work, that I have a comfortable home and a loving relationship. That freedom though. I can't figure out how to be ok with it gone.

And I feel really sad for others. For strangers. All the people who are in dire straits because of this. I encountered a lot of "it doesn't negatively impact me so we must keep going" attitudes since the pandemic began and it's just terrible.

Death comes to all. Will the journey be rich or will it be empty.

The thing (or rather person) I miss most is my boyfriend, I haven’t seen him since New Years :( I completely understand why we can’t and shouldn’t, especially with him working in a customer facing job but Jesus, the longer this drags on the harder it feels for me :( Things could be far worse and I just have to keep reminding myself that this will eventually end

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The thing (or rather person) I miss most is my boyfriend, I haven’t seen him since New Years :( I completely understand why we can’t and shouldn’t, especially with him working in a customer facing job but Jesus, the longer this drags on the harder it feels for me :( Things could be far worse and I just have to keep reminding myself that this will eventually end

I know I will be lynched for this Kitty, but if you are both comfortable with doing so, would you go see him?

I think that attitude I referred to in my post as terrible is because I really struggle with viewpoints that don't take in to account wider experiences..

Look that's your way of seeing it, for me I just see that my parents and parents in law are all in their 70s and 80s, the majority of my siblings and siblings in law are 50 plus, so I'm happy not to be associating with anyone so as to keep all of them safe for as long as it takes, and we all still keep in contact, more so than ever really in the past 12 months what with zoom communal calls on a Saturday evening, all of us sending pics and joke whats app messages etc

I know I will be lynched for this Kitty, but if you are both comfortable with doing so, would you go see him?

I absolutely would at this point, but he’s a bit more hesitant, which I understand

Look that's your way of seeing it, for me I just see that my parents and parents in law are all in their 70s and 80s, the majority of my siblings and siblings in law are 50 plus, so I'm happy not to be associating with anyone so as to keep all of them safe for as long as it takes, and we all still keep in contact, more so than ever really in the past 12 months what with zoom communal calls on a Saturday evening, all of us sending pics and joke whats app messages etc

I think you might be picking me up wrong :)

The thing I think is terrible is when some people don't understand that everyone of us has a different experience with the pandemic. I mentioned it as one of the negative aspects I came to recognise since all this began.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I absolutely would at this point, but he’s a bit more hesitant, which I understand

Yes and I would understand that too. We are all feeling differently and have different risk levels. Hang in there Kitty. Soon this will all be behind us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The Wales v France game was great too, some finish.

Yeah it was great

• Advertisement

Despite the fact that we are all waging a war as it were on this virus, there is a very personal element to the battle.. The range and intensity of emotion i've experienced in the last year has surprised me somewhat, especially since very little has really changed for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I landed last night in my home city, special bus took us to a hotel in my gated community at 3am, this morning the missus came to visit, primarily so that she could get the Dubai duty free tobacco that i had collected for her. We couldn’t even hug as my company considers me in isolation and she would destroy that. This is so F-ud.

So KATTY, I understand and appreciate your boyfriends behaviour, :)

Hang in there.

smurfjed wrote: »
    I landed last night in my home city, special bus took us to a hotel in my gated community at 3am, this morning the missus came to visit, primarily so that she could get the Dubai duty free tobacco that i had collected for her. We couldn’t even hug as my company considers me in isolation and she would destroy that. This is so F-ud.

So KATTY, I understand and appreciate your boyfriends behaviour, :)

Hang in there.

It seems like there's quite a way to go yet, reading an article on the internet tonight saying France and Germany are going into another month long lockdown, a long road ahead of us yet

We will be positive and hopeful. Better times are around the corner :)

A work teams call now in a while to a contact in Pakistan, 2.30 here, 7.30 over there but once I've that done a nice lie in awaits in the morning.

Thought of a long road ahead are scary, but there’s little else that can be done, just take it day by day I suppose and hope for the best :)

Not advocating anything illegal Kitty but I know my own niece who's 19 met up with her boyfriend last Sunday for the first time since before Christmas, they live about twenty miles from each other and met up in her parents back garden, so it can be done, just saying :D

Alright Boardsies I'm off to do this ten minute teams talk with the work contact in Pakisatan in then to the bed for the sleep of all sleeps

Alright Boardsies I'm off to do this ten minute teams talk with the work contact in Pakisatan in then to the bed for the sleep of all sleeps

Enjoy the lie in later :)

• Advertisement

Not advocating anything illegal Kitty but I know my own niece who's 19 met up with her boyfriend last Sunday for the first time since before Christmas, they live about twenty miles from each other and met up in her parents back garden, so it can be done, just saying :D

It may have to be done :D

....or not for any Gardaí seeing this :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement