Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I smell chocolate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Autosport wrote: »
    I smell chocolate
    I just love it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Maybe a happy because chocolate dance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,031 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Yes Grem. But now dances off to market. Laters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back at the desk.

We have a college 'newsday' on Thursday where we all have to work together to put together a news bulletin. The final bulletin isn't due till Thursday at 5pm, but for some reason the editors want the finished package tomorrow evening. I still have an important interview to conduct on Wednesday morning so myself and my partner were given an extension, but to be organised I'm trying to get as much of the interview I have done edited tonight. Busy busy busy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Kitty that sounds both bizarre and stressful

Deskside trying to resist pointless pondering, it never leads me anywhere good..

Kitty that sounds both bizarre and stressful

Deskside trying to resist pointless pondering, it never leads me anywhere good..

It’s supposed to try and simulate the real newsroom environment, doesn’t quite work during covid since we’re all working from home but it’s enjoyable. Stressful, but enjoyable. Verrrrry much looking forward to having it all done with though, can’t wait to not have to worry about it anymore.

Learning wasn't half as dynamic when i was a kid! :P

Learning wasn't half as dynamic when i was a kid! :P

And ye were probably better off :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    And ye were probably better off :D

Well it wasn't for me, i just wanted out! :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah joking aside I’m enjoying the course, just stressed out at the moment but I suppose that’s always the way! :)

I only enjoyed learning later in life.. The school experience put me off for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Autosport wrote: »
    I smell chocolate

i smell sex and candy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5iOLGVXqEs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is it a full moon?

To thine own self be true

Is it a full moon?

We're about a week away from a full moon..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We're about a week away from a full moon..

Thr effects are getting earlier every time :D

To thine own self be true

I only enjoyed learning later in life.. The school experience put me off for years.

School wasn’t for me at all, since I started college it was different. I think studying something I had a genuine interest in made a big difference.

The parrot learning in school made me mad. I had no patience for it!. :pac:

Five times one is five
    Five times two is ten
    Five times three is fifteen
    Five times four is twenteeeee

All said in a high pitched sing song voice while standing :D

I didn’t have the memory for it, I still don’t know my times tables :p

• Advertisement

Then the grammar, learn the tenses, don't understand, just learn :rolleyes:

Was always good at grammar, though I always had a head for English.

Though I would want to have since I went on to do an English degree :pac:

English no bother, it was the other languages k2 in german wtf?

Ohh no thank you, I did a trial of German in first year and that was enough for me :eek:

I did French and completely agree about the tenses, why can’t languages be less complicated?

That's the worst part, if taught correctly a lot of the languages are simple enough pick up, even irish is taught badly with the dreaded conditional tense given to us as formulaic rules rather than learning them more by trial and error or feel..

That is actually a very good point, I used to always say that about Irish. Even when I did the leaving, they put so much emphasis on “conversational” Irish, but even that was just learning off lines of text to describe pictures, which really isn’t the point of conversation. It would be interesting to see how other countries teach languages, particularly ones in Europe who are fluent in English by the time they finish school, perhaps we could learn from that.

Exactly, it made many classes a boring experience which leaked away into all the schooling

It's something i've often thought about, how we could find our interests younger and lean in to that academically

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Then the grammar, learn the tenses, don't understand, just learn :rolleyes:

Grammar like Yoda any harm didnt do.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Grammar like Yoda any harm didnt do.

Ted, you is doing me a confuse :confused::p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement