Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options
1310311312313314316»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch having a cuppa and trying to tell myself that I don't need to be as stressed as I am.

Yes, I have things due, but none of it is due imminently and for the stuff that is, it's in hand. One thing at a time.

@Inbetween, your poor cousin. Alcohol can be lovely but there's no denying the awfulness it can cause as well. I hope the road ahead for him will be ok.

I'm in the bed. Been here all day absolutely bollixèd. Headache, earache, no energy, chills, wonky arm. I'm delighted though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Sitting on my bed

I got a letter about getting my covid vaccine today, woo! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@Inbetween, your poor cousin. Alcohol can be lovely but there's no denying the awfulness it can cause as well. I hope the road ahead for him will be ok.

I'm in the bed. Been here all day absolutely bollixèd. Headache, earache, no energy, chills, wonky arm. I'm delighted though :)

Is that post vaccine?

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Is that post vaccine?

It is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

It is.

Yaya for you! (Sorry you're feeling bad, though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

We actually joke that the alcohol keeps him alive...his whole lifestyle is horrific.. he'll forget to eat for days on end, so we're not too sure if the stroke is related or not, will find out over the next few days

Haha funny in a sad way. My dad used to get his liver tested and miraculously there was never a problem. We used to joke it was like him buying the lucky wonka bar..ive got the golden ticket! Its ours Charlie!!
    I asked his doctor if he could lie to him and tell him he has liver failure but alas they wouldn't do it :)

Feel better Diamonds.
    It is so nice to hear more and more people getting their shots though. It's taking a lot of worry off a lot of people.

US side most people I know are now able to book online and get theirs pretty quickly. Was half thinking fly over, quarantine for 2 weeks, get the jab, hang for a month and then get the second shot. I'd still be done sooner than here where I'll be end of the queue. Not gonna do it but hmmmmm sure thinking about it!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yaya for you! (Sorry you're feeling bad, though)

Ah thanks :) There won't be a bother on me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Just arrived coffeehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Delighted to hear that Diamonds :) I’ve heard people take paracetamol before the jab and every 4 hours for 48 hours to help with the effects :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Cali_girl wrote: »
    It is so nice to hear more and more people getting their shots though. It's taking a lot of worry off a lot of people.
    Agree. Not sure where we are going. But I can dance to the tunes in this coffeehouse. Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Feel better Diamonds.

US side most people I know are now able to book online and get theirs pretty quickly. Was half thinking fly over, quarantine for 2 weeks, get the jab, hang for a month and then get the second shot. I'd still be done sooner than here where I'll be end of the queue. Not gonna do it but hmmmmm sure thinking about it!
    Except now you have to pay for 12 nights quarantine on return back into Ireland.

To thine own self be true

Except now you have to pay for 12 nights quarantine on return back into Ireland.

Doh! My cunning plan foiled already
    Genuinely never thought of that :o Would still be free and vaccinated about 3 months faster though...

ETA: I wouldn't do it to be honest, not a cool move much as I'd love to. Anyway I'd probably catch it on the flight over :p

Hope you feel better soon! It's never nice to feel rotten but I'd say it's worth it to be vaccinated :)

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Hope you feel better soon! It's never nice to feel rotten but I'd say it's worth it to be vaccinated :)

Thanks Kitty :) To be honest though, my irrational self is starting to appear and I feel a bit worried for having gotten it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A mind bender day for me.On the phone and off the phone. Certain things not available to buy here or the UK, I got Brexit excuses. I got Covid excuses. So I went to Germany and actually found what I needed and cheaper. I really fear for some Irish businesses. No apology. Didn't care. Couldn't offer any info. Just, yeah, whatever. Embarrassing.:mad:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Nicely chilled after my yoga class. :)

Working away on a side project this evening.

Thanks Kitty :) To be honest though, my irrational self is starting to appear and I feel a bit worried for having gotten it.

I can understand that too, no matter how much you know that it’s the right decision and that it’s perfectly safe, there can always be that “but what if?”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Not from the US:)
    Couchside watching the Tonight Show with a glass of OJ, suprise, surpise what its about:)
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Have a good night one and all

• Advertisement

Beddy bed bed bed. My lad is downstairs making chocolate biscuit cake for me because I'm sick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,285 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Beddy bed bed bed. My lad is downstairs making chocolate biscuit cake for me because I'm sick :D

I was at a wedding where the cake was chocolate biscuit cake on the inside rather than regular old cake. So good.

Burning the midnight oil here, working away on that side project and trying not to be distracted every 3 minutes... :pac:

Bed with a cuppa watching Grey’s Anatomy

Morning all :) A happy day today and too excited to sleep :D

Early morning walkies :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Sitting at the desk in work staring out the window thinking how nice it looks, barbecue season will be starting soon. Can't beat having a nice barbecue burning the living sheet out of some food and sipping a few bottles of beer in the sun.
    A hospital just rang me to book me in for my covid test ahead of my operation. This came as a huge shock because I don't have an operation planned in their hospital. Was tempted to go for it anyway, just to kill the bloody lockdown boredom :D

Beautiful morning out there! :)

But I’m deskside, with a deadline this afternoon to scramble towards.
    Hopefully I’ll be able to get a good long walk in the park in later.

Also deskside, also looking out at the beautiful day.

Got my last interview done this morning, edited the video and I'm now ready to send it to my classmate to put together the final package :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Kitty well done!. :)

• Advertisement

Nice and sunny out but still a little chill in the air :) NewRed that made me laugh :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement