Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Hollyworth wrote: »
    I read that this is not the last series??

Didn't the BBC buy 3 more seasons including this year's?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Didn't the BBC buy 3 more seasons including this year's?

Really? If that is so then I think a lot of people will check out after this series. It is the perfect time for it to end. If it goes beyond this 6th series it will have overstayed its welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hollyworth wrote: »
    Really? If that is so then I think a lot of people will check out after this series. It is the perfect time for it to end. If it goes beyond this 6th series it will have overstayed its welcome.

They might reboot after this season and go a different direction. I'd be happy for the OCG (only gang in the city, apparently) to disappear for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

They might reboot after this season and go a different direction. I'd be happy for the OCG (only gang in the city, apparently) to disappear for good.

I would hate that. If the H/OCG/Balaclava Men storyline ends with this series and they continue on with an all new storyline in series 7 and beyond, then it will slump in the ratings.
    If LOD goes that route then it will give off a distinct whiff of Saved by the Bell The New Class. Yes, it may keep up decent viewing figures for BBC and the cast can keep cashing their paychecks, but it'll be dead in the water and become one of those shows like Walking Dead where people will say "Line of Duty? Jesus, is that still on?"

Exactly one week to go

200.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Was hoping it would finish this season. I love line of duty but if they keep dragging out the storyline it will just be taking the piss. Needs to be a pay off at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Jofspring wrote: »
    Was hoping it would finish this season. I love line of duty but if they keep dragging out the storyline it will just be taking the piss. Needs to be a pay off at some stage.
    They could finish up the big storyline and start a new one pretty easily.

Exactly one week to go

200.gif
    The little ident in the corner at start of bloodlands.....as if to say....look we know this isnt great...but hey line of duty is back next Sunday!!!!

gmisk wrote: »
    They could finish up the big storyline and start a new one pretty easily.

Yeah I think/hope this season wraps up the main story arcs we've seen so far and season 7 is a reboot of sorts

My wild, out there crazy fan theory

Kate is very bent and is killed by Steve in a shootout

Kate gets replaced by Kelly MacDonald's character as the lead female on the show

Season 7 starts afresh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just finished Season 3 of a rewatch in preparation, need to get cracking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭brian_t

Quick recap of the first five series from the BBC.

Some early reviews coming out for episode 1...radio times etc and all seem really positive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

brian_t wrote: »

That was brilliant. Didn't see the Ryan thing at all so it's nice to know that going forward.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just finished Season 3 of a rewatch in preparation, need to get cracking!

I did a rewatch of series five at the weekend.

One thing I love about it is the continuity of characters. In lots of other long running TV shows theres often one or more actors who decide they are going to head off to Hollywood, leaving behind a bit of a hole. With the exception of Maneet, we have all the original core characters, including Ryan, played by the original actors.

Sunday feels a long way away. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a new TV Series.

That is really good love the Diane Morgan voice over!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,944 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

gmisk wrote: »
    That is really good love the Diane Morgan voice over!
    Jesus, I'm more confused than ever after watching that :eek:

I've started watching Series 5 in preparation for the new one (or possibly re-watching it, I thought I hadn't seen it but some of it looks eerily familiar), I think I'll stick with that plan and just gloss over the confusing gaps in my knowledge whenever they arise..... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

For some reason I had thought the Ryan part was in S4, not S5.

Looking forward to seeing how that arc plays out. That could possibly be the future series storyline if the H storyline does come to a conclusion in S6.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,734 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The H thing got a bit boring some time ago. I think they should can it and either do something new with the series or finish it properly.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭brian_t

"It's not certain that there will be a series seven"

Jed Mercurio (Current Radio Times).

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

"It's not certain that there will be a series seven"

Jed Mercurio (Current Radio Times).
    Such a tease.

• Advertisement

If memory serves, seasons 5 & 6 got the go ahead from the BBC together so they're probably awaiting the viewing figures before making a decision on more seasons.

H. H. Asquith

The H thing got a bit boring some time ago. I think they should can it and either do something new with the series or finish it properly.

You're joking surely?

You're joking surely?

No.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think that the best think Mercurio and his team could do is to be unclear of future series and where its going to end.

It'll serve the story well if we never know when its over and its not a program that's going to get much of a "last one ever" bump so it doesn't need to telegraph that.

If you know it has another series, you know its not going to be the end or resolve fully.

So perhaps there's a reason why there are conflicting reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Just on ep2 of S04 of the re-watch. I remember the interrogation scenes being outstanding in this season and the one at the beginning of ep2 with Huntley was gripping. Also now cant help but notice
    Kates
    suspicious behavior. Thanks ShineOn7!! I still reckon it's a Mercurio red herring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks a million..

lol loved the bit with Kate doing her terminator stunt lol.. class.. love her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Man, season 4 for was just epic TV. Every scene in that interview room was dynamite. No big revelations but lots of shocking moments. Thandie Newton was brilliant. I feckin hated her. :D Such a good actress.

The dude from The Office got some great lines in this one too. Mockingly calling Hastings Ian Paisley and Arnott
    Ironside when he ended up in the wheelchair
    !...what a prick! :D

The dude from The Office got some great lines in this one too

What character/actor was that again?

Loved that Ian Paisley line lol

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Having a re-watch of this as well and just watched the last episode of season 3 mother of god the last 20 minutes of it were absolutely cracking.
    I have a shocking memory and had forgotten most of what'd happened up to it.

• Advertisement

What character/actor was that again?

Loved that Ian Paisley line lol

Found him. The actor is Patrick Baladi

450?cb=20190224012719

Advertisement