Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    Having a re-watch of this as well and just watched the last episode of season 3 mother of god the last 20 minutes of it were absolutely cracking.
    I have a shocking memory and had forgotten most of what'd happened up to it.

Agreed.

The first 3 seasons were a tour de force,season 4 was very good.

I thought last season did not hit those dizzy heights but boy I am counting down the minutes until Sunday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

The recap was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

This and Unforgotten are two absolutely exceptional UK crime shows of recent years.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

seligehgit wrote: »
    Agreed.

The first 3 seasons were a tour de force,season 4 was very good.

I thought last season did not hit those dizzy heights but boy I am counting down the minutes until Sunday night!

Season 4 was a bit weak IMO, particularly the daft writing where Roz literally let her arm rot to the point where it had to be amputated. Season 5 was good, particularly the end and Stephen Graham. I think the writing is weakest when it's trying to make established characters look dodgy but I'm still eagerly awaiting Sunday evening for the new season.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

This and Unforgotten are two absolutely exceptional UK crime shows of recent years.

100 percent, and I only finished unforgotten at the wkend. Just so good. Finished bloodlands, absolute ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Rfrip wrote: »
    100 percent, and I only finished unforgotton at the wkend. Just so good. Finished bloodlands, absolute ****e!

Hadn't even heard of Unforgotten.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Drop everything and start it

Leaving Netflix at end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭cml387

A bit far fetched at times (especially S3) but worth it for Sanjeev Bhaskar and Nicola Walker.
    Indded, leaving Netflix April 6.

Now if Nicola Walker stars in Line of Duty some time. That would be some crossing of the streams.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Drop everything and start it

Leaving Netflix at end of the month

Thanks. How do you know what's leaving Netflix?

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭sporina

Loved Unforgotten - not watched series 4 yet... saving it..

I have been watching Prime Suspect of late - the 1st one was ok - the 2nd one - wow - and the 3rd - wow wow wow.. v little technology so its just about script and acting - Mirren is formidable.. love how it addresses all sorts of really important social issues like gender equality, race, sexuality, corruption within the police force etc.. unreal stuff... sooooo glad I am getting to see these now - better late than never,.. and they really remind me of work by Ken Loach .. thats a good thing.. (tough and all as they can be to watch)

I am recording LOD to watch at my leisure..

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    Loved Unforgotten - not watched series 4 yet... saving it..

I have been watching Prime Suspect of late - the 1st one was ok - the 2nd one - wow - and the 3rd - wow wow wow.. v little technology so its just about script and acting - Mirren is formidable.. love how it addresses all sorts of really important social issues like gender equality, race, sexuality, corruption within the police force etc.. unreal stuff... sooooo glad I am getting to see these now - better late than never,.. and they really remind me of work by Ken Loach .. thats a good thing.. (tough and all as they can be to watch)

I am recording LOD to watch at my leisure..

I'm tempted to do the same. I was late to Unforgotten so I binged all of the previous seasons a few months ago. The weekly release of the new season is killing me. I hate when the episode is over.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

100%

i hadnt known about unforgotten till about a week ago and watched the first 3 seasons in about 5 days... absolutely compelling watching.

im on season 4 episode 3 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Nice, I don't think I've seen Unforgotten either. How does it rate compared to LOD?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Nice, I don't think I've seen Unforgotten either. How does it rate compared to LOD?
    I think it's just as good tbh.
    Its a lot slower and character led, no massive shoot outs or any action, but I find it really gripping and well done.

you can't really compare them... not like for like.. but its gripping, so well written and acted.. depends what you like really - it doesn't have all the faff and noise of LOD - not as technical... its a bit more of a drama.. brings up a lot of emotion in characters as the body is always years old.. (hence the name, unforgotten)..

The hook of Unforgotten is that the body is 10 /20 / 30 years old so the people who knew that person at the time death are now often leading very different lives. That makes for really compelling drama as the past comes back to haunt those people.

It isn't as flashy as LOD can be at times but it's very well written with honest human emotion, and Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar are a very good duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The hook of Unforgotten is that the body is 10 /20 / 30 years old so the people who knew that person at the time death are now often leading very different lives. That makes for really compelling drama as the past comes back to haunt those people.

It isn't as flashy as LOD can be at times but it's very well written with honest human emotion, and Nicola Walker and Sanjeev Bhaskar are a very good duo.

Kinda reminds me of that American show, Cold Case. Actually enjoyed that one.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Cheers everyone. Sounds really good. Action or anything flashy doesn't really appeal to me any more. Getting old! :p

Anyways, just finished the whole re-watch there. Again, thought season 5 was poor compared what came before it apart from the last episode which classic LOD. Looking forward to tomorrow now and the inevitable OMG's getting posted!. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Happy Line of Duty day!

edfd80c4463edff31c7b489c74dab5d4.gif

tumblr_op49n70utq1wn1pd9o2_r1_500.png

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That's brilliant but they forgot "bent coppers"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

FunLover18 wrote: »

And/or "corrupt officers"

FunLover18 wrote: »

ha ha - v good.. and..

"I didn't float up The Laggan in a bubble" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭CoBo55

H what about H?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kinda reminds me of that American show, Cold Case. Actually enjoyed that one.

I loved the use of music in Cold Case

Waking the Dead another UK show about cold cases is decent enough too

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    Happy Line of Duty day!

edfd80c4463edff31c7b489c74dab5d4.gif

Now we're sucking diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

9pm and it's switched to BBC 1, right?

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    9pm and it's switched to BBC 1, right?

was it not always on BBC1?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

sporina wrote: »
    was it not always on BBC1?

Only moved to bbc 1 from 4th season onwards. Was on bbc 2 previous to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I’m so excited.. really need to rest of my house to feic off to bed. No talking will be tolerated.

Advertisement