Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Cal04 wrote: »
    Think ill have to record it, couldn't deal with only one episode a time!

This show always has around 2 major "what the fúck?!" moments per series

If you're on social media and linked to other fans of the show you might have them spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭dontmindme

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    This show always has around 2 major "what the fúck?!" moments per series

My wtf moment came at the end of season 1 where this Scottish hardened gangster capable of hanging people from lamp posts spills his guts to the first copper that arrests him as he's sitting in the cop's car. The show lost whatever it had for me there and then.

New promotional art

0erjtdg509l61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭sporina

New promotional art

has Kelly MacDonald been in LOD before?

sporina wrote: »
    Has Kelly MacDonald been in LOD before?

No, she's this season's big guest star

A very good actress

• Advertisement

A very good actress

cool - thanks - yep saw her in a movie called "Puzzle" recently - loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A very good actress
    Her first role was the schoolgirl in Trainspotting :D

Her first role was the schoolgirl in Trainspotting :D

If my Maths is right she was aged 20 playing a 16 year old

kelly-650157.jpg

If my Maths is right she was aged 20 playing a 16 year old

kelly-650157.jpg

"don't us girls just love that" lol.. I know too much of that script lol

AHHHH LOD cast members on Graham Norton - WEAK...!! Excited now!

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    AHHHH LOD cast members on Graham Norton - WEAK...!! Excited now!

Who was on from the cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Vicky McClure and Adrian Dunbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭brian_t

The Graham Norton show gets repeated late Monday night on BBC One.

This night two weeks from now we get new Line Of Duty

giphy.gif

Quite remarkable really given the circumstances of the last year and fair play to all the crew for pulling it off

Is this the first good or great major TV show to return since Covid and filmed under testing regulations?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,278 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This night two weeks from now we get new Line Of Duty

giphy.gif

Quite remarkable really given the circumstances of the last year and fair play to all the crew for pulling it off

Is this the first good or great major TV show to return since Covid and filmed under testing regulations?
    I would put unforgotten in the good and great bracket lot of it was filmed under covid regulations.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/unforgotten-season-4-episodes-cast-plot-b1804155.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭CoBo55

gmisk wrote: »
    I would put unforgotten in the good and great bracket lot of it was filmed under covid regulations.

Definitely, it's fantastic. Just started watching Your Honor it's brilliant so far, very tense.

Just seen Adrian Dunbar is 62

So whilst he's not very high risk with Covid, he's no spring chicken either fella

Would love to see them release a behind the scenes mini documentary on the BBC YouTube about how they pulled off the filming of this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just seen Adrian Dunbar is 62

So whilst he's not very high risk with Covid, he's no spring chicken either fella

Would love to see them release a behind the scenes mini documentary on the BBC YouTube about how they pulled off the filming of this

He probably should be floating up the Lagan in a bubble

A lot of posters on the Line Of Duty subReddit really think
    Kate
    is bent

They are just fan theories, not real spoilers. But I'm covering up anyway in case anyone reading this thread is brand new to the show and still on Series 1

Hopefully this formats properly

• If you go back to the start she was having an affair with the husband of her friend, the DS who died in/organised the attack on the witness move.

• From the start of that she was very careful to only let on as much about that situation as anyone could find out for themselves. Classic behavior for her to be dodgy.

• No one seems to know anything really about her background. Neither do we other than she has this established history of cheating on friend and husband.

• She's been very quick to throw Arnott and Hastings under the bus. Her being secretive about marriage breakdown is apparently understandable, Ted being secretive is suspicious to her. Hmmmm.

• She only became career ambitious when the existing caddy was removed - essentially she has replaced Dot in AC12, has she replaced him in the dodgy copper scheme of things.

• Getting so close to Cotton could have been because she was tasked by her real bosses with keeping an eye on him and checking he wasn't going to unravel. Cotton sacrificed Baines, Baines didn't know Cotton was also dodgy. Is Kate's job to do the same to Cotton if he gets shaky?

• The evidence is in front of her face that Cotton is at best self serving corrupt if not OCG level corrupt, as clear or clearer than anything pointing at Arnott and Hastings, yet she doesn't throw him under the bus until there is stuff that others could find out for themselves.

• I got the impression she suspects that Steve's ex is also digging into things and will work out that Steve is being set up - hence, as usual, she acts when she doesn't have a choice.

• Her attitude to Arnott and Hastings has noticeably changed from respect to constantly undermining them.

• She has developed a habit of playing the gender card and working with her fellow female officers to undermine others.

• As with Cotton and with covering her own behaviour originally, she only jumps in to take a piss on Carmichael's chips when it becomes obvious that Carmichael's team has ****ed up and that they're going to get egg on their faces. Again standard Kate, only play what anyone can find out for themselves.

• Her classic OMG moments about evidence when she rewatches stuff could as easily be her going OMG someone else could work this out so she needs to get herself on the right side of it.

• Was Dot's how good a liar comment because he was wondering if she was another part of the dodgy police network, a part he didn't know about and he realised no one suspected?

• She tries to save Waldron and fails (did she fail or was she trying to find out what he knew?). She blocks them from treating Cotton while she gets the increasingly confusing and useless "dying declaration" - significantly her choice of words. I mean how quickly did she rush through those letters?

• She didn't give a **** about Michael Farmer being framed and was quite happy to leave that carry on.

• She even drops little hints about "having been there" with the undercover going bad - is that how they got to her? Was it the affair with Ackers husband? Or in fact was she the one that set everything up with Ackers?

• Considering her referenced age and time in the force she seems to have done a hell of a lot of stuff, yet she's the total "grey man". No one really knows about her? Would that really be the case unless she was making sure she kept herself out of the light?

And

I’m watching series 5... Fleming has very cleverly and subtly persuaded Hastings to authorise:
    • Print shop raid
    • Brothel raid
    • Eastfield raid (she was TFC)
    • Nightclub Surveillance
    Fleming then blamed Hastings when they went wrong (botched raid, lost intel, etc) and then reported him to the DCC. Corbett told Arnott they were planning to move premises anyway.

Much like Dudley Smith in L.A. Confidential, Fleming has used her increasing power, knowledge and manipulation of Hastings and Arnott to take control of AC-12 and use bent coppers for the OCG gain, whilst remaining above suspicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

A lot of posters on the Line Of Duty subReddit really think
    Kate
    is bent

Jaysus I was expecting something else there! :p

Thats some really epic work and I'll be watching them a bit closer now but then again numerous red herrings is something Mercurio is fond of. You're constantly questioning everyones motives.

• Advertisement

Shalom Brune-Franklin is a new name to me

She's listed as a new cast member too

2020-02-19_2327.jpg?fit=520%2C350&ssl=1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There was a very interesting half hour interview with Jed Mercurio on the Inside Culture programme with Mary Beard last week, on BBC1.

He seems like a fascinating character, and it's made me want to go off and find other work of his that I never knew about (The Bodyguard, Bodies).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The Bodyguard was very good, it's on Netflix. I haven't seen Bodies but will be looking out for it also!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,948 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

miamee wrote: »
    The Bodyguard was very good, it's on Netflix. I haven't seen Bodies but will be looking out for it also!
    Apparently he started out as a hospital doctor, and the Bodies series is a treatment of the NHS similar to the way Line of Duty is a treatment of the police.

(not an exposé as such, but poking at the underbelly)

miamee wrote: »

Massive LOD fan but I didn't enjoy Bodyguard at all... I just didn't buy into it.. thought it was odd that Montague was happy to have him as her BG - even after it became apparent that he was a target (obviously compromising her own safety).. and big emphasis on how he cared for her.. but then at the end he seems to forget all about her and goes back to playing happy families with his wife and kids.. knew the bomb wasn't going to go off on him either - so yeah.. just couldn't buy into it.. but will check out Bodies - didn't know about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »

I'm purposely avoiding all spoilers and trailers so if anyone is commenting on anything in that and it's kind of spoilery, can they cover it with spoiler tags?

Cheers ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,549 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I'm purposely avoiding all spoilers and trailers so if anyone is commenting on anything in that and it's kind of spoilery, can they cover it with spoiler tags?

Cheers ;-)

That’s exactly what H would say!

That’s exactly what H would say!

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hollyworth

I read that this is not the last series?? I was under the impression that this new series was their endgame.

I mean, come on, they came perilously close to jumping the shark in the last episode of series 5 with all that morse code nonsense. But the show has built up so much credit that I could let that go.

The story of the whole show (getting the person(s) at the top of the evil criminal empire) is reaching its natural conclusion. If they drag it out to another series (and beyond) then LOD will become another Walking Dead or Lost.

Advertisement