Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of Duty (BBC) **Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Malcomex wrote: »
    Sorry ya original version

Wasn't there an English remake or am I mistaken?
    There was a remake for the American market.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The Bridge was Scandavian, remade by The Americans on the FX network, focusing on US border and also in the UK/France, called The Tunnel.

The Investigation is a recent Danish series based on a true story, the lead character runs a homicide team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

Fitz* wrote: »
    There's a couple in a similar vein to Line of Duty on Netflix - Bodyguard, Unforgotten, Happy Valley, The Stranger. I just finished Informer and I liked it a lot.

Informer was excellent aswell - edge of the seat stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Another recommendation for Unforgotten.

Bodyguard is great too, similar in terms of suspense and drama to Line Of Duty. I can recall some really intense scenes in Bodyguard.

Another show I really liked was Baptiste - watched it over Christmas. There's a new series due to air on BBC soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

What about the foreign shows , there's some good French ones

I’ve just finished Deutschland 83 on All 4 and I thought it was excellent. It’s espionage rather than cops & robbers. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to Deutschland 86 now. I know some people find subtitles off putting, but I found it doesn’t take long to get past that. Same as Narcos on Netflix. You soon forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,278 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

trashcan wrote: »
    I’ve just finished Deutschland 83 on All 4 and I thought it was excellent. It’s espionage rather than cops & robbers. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to Deutschland 86 now.
    I adored deutschland 83 but I thought 86 was pretty poor in comparison, new setting didn't work at all, second half was a bit better.
    There is also an 89 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭sporina

The Bridge was Scandavian, remade by The Americans on the FX network, focusing on US border and also in the UK/France, called The Tunnel.

The Investigation is a recent Danish series based on a true story, the lead character runs a homicide team.

so was The Bridge the original?

and how does The Tunnel compare to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

sporina wrote: »
    lovvvvvved Line of Duty - and can't find anything that meets the bar now... any suggestions? tried Luther - didn't buy into him.. didn't buy into Marcella either... Didn't like Shetland.. Loved Broadchurch btw..

any recommendations?

Don't know how much of a chance you gave Luther but i'd encourage you to give it another chance. It's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

lovvvvvved Line of Duty - and can't find anything that meets the bar now... any suggestions? tried Luther - didn't buy into him.. didn't buy into Marcella either... Didn't like Shetland.. Loved Broadchurch btw..

any recommendations?

Unforgotten was very good. Bodyguard good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Happy Valley is excellent too. Sarah Lancashire is one of the best actors out there and is very good in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,873 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Happy Valley is excellent too. Sarah Lancashire is one of the best actors out there and is very good in this.

Brilliant, both seasons.

Did anyone mention the BBC series River? I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,812 ✭✭✭sporina

Engrenages

Braquo

There's "The Bridge" as well the foreign version

are the above two, versions of The Bridge also?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Another recommendation for Unforgotten.

Bodyguard is great too, similar in terms of suspense and drama to Line Of Duty. I can recall some really intense scenes in Bodyguard.

Another show I really liked was Baptiste - watched it over Christmas. There's a new series due to air on BBC soon.

Bodyguard was excellent for the most part but the last episode had huge plot problems which partly ruined it for me. A shame as I thought Madden and Hawes were excellent.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Did anyone mention the BBC series River? I really enjoyed it.

I was just about to post about River, fantastic series. The characters & actors in it were wonderful. I do still have "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" stuck in my head because of it though :o

maudgonner wrote: »
    I was just about to post about River, fantastic series. The characters & actors in it were wonderful. I do still have "I'm in the Mood for Dancing" stuck in my head because of it though :o

Wrong one, it was Tina Charles, I love to love, brilliant song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

are the above two, versions of The Bridge also?

No, both are French cop series.
    Engrenages is also known as Spiral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Wrong one, it was Tina Charles, I love to love, brilliant song.

You're right, of course. Which means I have no excuse to have the Nolans stuck in my head :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

so was The Bridge the original?

and how does The Tunnel compare to it?

Yep.

Haven't seen The Tunnel.

The Netflix series Unbelievable with Merritt Wever and Toni Collette is well worth checking out, based on a true story.

maudgonner wrote: »
    You're right, of course. Which means I have no excuse to have the Nolans stuck in my head :eek:

I'm alternating between both :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

How did ye guys watch RIVER?

Cant find it on netflix or amazon or any other sites.

Not on bbc player either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Malcomex

Not on bbc player either

Hmm I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Hmm I wonder

Its not available to download from the usual illegal spots either my friend told me

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aslanroars

certain site has the river

Not on bbc player either

I watched it at the time it was aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

aslanroars wrote: »
    certain site has the river

Which one?

abarkie wrote: »
    Which one?

river 2015 might help your friend in their search, is he a Lime(y)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭brian_t

Not on bbc player either
    You can borrow the DVD from your local library when they re-open.

https://librariesireland.iii.com/iii/encore/record/C__Rb2840834__Sriver%20dvd__P2%2C71__Orightresult__U__X1?lang=eng&suite=def

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭trashcan

gmisk wrote: »
    I adored deutschland 83 but I thought 86 was pretty poor in comparison, new setting didn't work at all, second half was a bit better.
    There is also an 89 one.

Will give 86 a look. Do you know where 89 is available ? Doesn’t seem to be on All 4, I thought I saw it on Prime the other day, but when I went back to look it wasn’t there.

• Advertisement

Good to thrash out what other shows are worth a look, however let's get back on track in discussing Line of Duty, please.

Advertisement