Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Actors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Didn't take long for the thread to descend to the ridiculous. Nick is an oscar winner, and was nominated in another year.

Should have won an oscar for Con Air:):)
    No-one else could deliver that immortal line - put the bunny back in the box.

Plus Face/Off

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I've always found Sam Worthington to be absolutely terrible in everything I've seen him in. And thanks to James Cameron, we have four more Avatar movies to endure him in. Having said that, another of Wortho's upcoming movies has one of the best-worst premises ever; Alphas.
    When the local Great White population spirals out of control, environmentalist Gavin McDade (Worthington) is tasked with finding a natural solution to the shark problem. He tracks down the owner of a nearby Killer Whale sanctuary, whose career as an Orca trainer was cut short when she was attacked by the star of her own show. She reluctantly agrees to reintroduce a pod of juvenile Orcas into the same waters to drive out the sharks, but soon realizes there’s a female alpha Great White lurking beneath the surface capable of destroying them all. With nowhere else to turn and with his rebellious sister’s surf competition quickly approaching, he must convince the former trainer to unleash the same creature that nearly killed her in what will become the greatest battle of apex predators the oceans have ever seen.

Four more Avatar movies?

Hugh Grant

"I..I...I. I'm so terribly sorry to ask this, but I find you quite attractive and, apologies for being so forthright, but it would mean the world to me if.....if you would be so kind as to have dinner with me" - *swoon*

**** off Hugh, in real life the girl would prefer to go off with a guy who can string a sentence together. Although he was pretty good in that recent thing with Nicole kidman to be fair

Nah. Not having that. Terrible shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

FHFM50 wrote:
    The lad that played Luke was just as bad.

Oh my god he's AWFUL

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    Michael Caine, why he's so highly regarded has me baffled
    3 time oscar nominee, 1 time winner. Plus a golden globe.

yes and it has me baffled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

gmisk wrote: »
    I think he can be excellent in right film.
    Paddington 2 he was fantastic imo

He was brilliant in About A Boy as well.

Hugh Grants biggest mistake was getting involved with Richard Curtis (Four Weddings, Notting Hill,etc..) He turned him into a caricature.

And yes, I'm counting the prostitute scandal here

FHFM50 wrote: »
    He was brilliant in About A Boy as well.

Hugh Grants biggest mistake was getting involved with Richard Curtis (Four Weddings, Notting Hill,etc..) He turned him into a caricature.

And yes, I'm counting the prostitute scandal here

Notting Hill did quite well financially.. not a bad mistake to make

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

De Niro, good one time but time to hang up the boots, since meet the fockers I've lost all respect, Pacino not far behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

De Niro, good one time but time to hang up the boots, since meet the fockers I've lost all respect, Pacino not far behind

Close the thread its been infiltrated by wind up merchants looking for a reaction. You forgot Marlon Brando, truly horrendous actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Tarah04 wrote: »
    Who's your favourite?

Michael Martin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Michael Martin...

Excellent Smithers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Michael Martin...

Ah now in fairness he played Mr. Humphreys from Are you being Served brilliantly that time he came prancing down those steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

blade1 wrote: »
    John Conners.

Is playing yourself even acting?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Anne Hathaway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

I think Barry Keoghan is terrible. Anything Ive seen him in after Love Hate, he's been the same - monosyllabic, expressionless, beyond the occasional smirk. He almost looks bored. Good luck to him though, it seems to be working.

Vin Diesel is terrible too. Huge climactic event - "mumblemumblemumble faaahmily" - slams car into first gear and speeds off

Nicole Kidman is now awful. Maybe she always was, but she was laughable in The Undoing. She has such little movement in her face now, she has to move everything from the shoulders up to display emotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

lawred2 wrote: »
    Four more Avatar movies?

Yeah, according to IMDB anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen! :D Must check out that show.

Quintin Tarantino: a minor role always. A few shrilly ranty lines and he's popped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Sandra Bullock. She always looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Can't stand her.

Ryan Gosling. Completely expressionless, which worked fairly well for his role as a replicant in Blade Runner I suppose, but terrible for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Homelander wrote: »
    Casper Van Dien.

The jawline from Starship Troopers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Sandra Bullock. She always looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Can't stand her.

Ryan Gosling. Completely expressionless, which worked fairly well for his role as a replicant in Blade Runner I suppose, but terrible for everything else.

I would say it worked in Drive too

I would say it worked in Drive too

Thought he was great in the nice guys that was a very funny movie

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

chewed wrote: »
    Sean Connery. Truly awful actor

GTFO. The Rock, Indiana Jones, The Hunt for Red October, The Untouchables. He absolutely dominates the screen.

If anything he's underrated as an actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

lawred2 wrote: »
    Notting Hill did quite well financially.. not a bad mistake to make

The prostitute incident happened just after this. I'm guessing he alienated a lot of Hollywood people and so had do more Curtis type movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

He was excellent in the movie Lawless, he was also excellent in Bronson. Gained critical acclaim for his performance in Locke and again in Taboo. I think a lot of people are struggling to make the distinction between a truly "bad actor" and actors they just dont like personally. Either that or a lot of posts are trying to get a reaction.

I just feel that he started well but some of his most recent performances have been rambling messes. He was excellent in Peaky Blinders but his output lately has been poor. I enjoyed Venom as a film but felt it would have been much better with a different actor playing the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Has anybody mentioned Colin Farrell yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

If you can name good cage films happy to listen.

Leaving Las Vegas, Raising Arizona, Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How these threads go:
    Original post
    Absurd answer
    Several dozen posts about absurd answer

:p

Hugh Grant

"I..I...I. I'm so terribly sorry to ask this, but I find you quite attractive and, apologies for being so forthright, but it would mean the world to me if.....if you would be so kind as to have dinner with me" - *swoon*

**** off Hugh, in real life the girl would prefer to go off with a guy who can string a sentence together. Although he was pretty good in that recent thing with Nicole kidman to be fair

In the real world a posh guy like the type Grant plays would wipe the floor with most.

• Advertisement

Nicole Kidman is now awful. Maybe she always was, but she was laughable in The Undoing. She has such little movement in her face now, she has to move everything from the shoulders up to display emotion.

Yeh but shes playing a character who would have Botox, probably. I thought they were both ok in that, her and grant.

Advertisement