Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Actors

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Dougal, theres another one who sounds like he's just reading lines for the first time... he was brilliant in father Ted, but Death in Paradise, that super-hero one, my family I think it was called, just seemed like an actor reading lines rather than an actual character

He's only in My Hero for a few seasons they replaced him with the camp flatmate from Gimme Gimme Gimme, cant remember his name and too lazy to look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Thought Jon Hamm was excellent in Mad Men. Poor enough in just about everything else I've seen him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Thought Jon Hamm was excellent in Mad Men. Poor enough in just about everything else I've seen him in.

Well the only thing I've really seen him in is Kimmy Schmidt and I thought he was really good in that, although I'll grant you that it wasn't a serious role

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Theworldisy

Anyway again Cage is for me number one bad actor. Its not about bad films with him every film he is in is unwatchable as mostly he's the main character.

Most polls has Cage and Keanu Reeves as the top. Reeves is good. Cage for me is just the same in every film wooden only got into acting because of who he knew.

Absolutely not, a fantastic actor until his money troubles got the better of him

He had a few duds before the money troubles started, Wicker Man being the most obvious one, but he put in some excellent performances in the 80's and 90's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

Ben Affleck - he’s so forced
    Pierce Brosnan is a terrible actor, so wooden and IMO the 2nd worst Bond
    Tommy Tiernan is woeful in Derry Girls
    Owen Wilson - diabolical
    Mark Wahlberg-plays one character and that’s it

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Brendan O Carroll`s missus, woeful.

Ahhh, Mammy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Owen Wilson - diabolical

Hilarious in Zoolander, perfect in Midnight In Paris, and consistently watchable in his work with Wes Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Baby Driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Rory Cowan aka Bosco on Fair city! Woeful!

• Advertisement

janja wrote: »

That IS WOEFUL...... make Leo look like an oscar contender

Ben Affleck - he’s so forced
    Pierce Brosnan is a terrible actor, so wooden and IMO the 2nd worst Bond
    Tommy Tiernan is woeful in Derry Girls
    Owen Wilson - diabolical
    Mark Wahlberg-plays one character and that’s it

I disagree with all of this really, but Tommy was a great straight man in Derry girls. Given the rest of the cast were hyper - to say the least - he had a good role as the straight man patriarch.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭PetitPois89

janja wrote: »

Oh god yeah he’s the pits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I disagree with all of this really, but Tommy was a great straight man in Derry girls. Given the rest of the cast were hyper - to say the least - he had a good role as the straight man patriarch.

I think Tommy Tiernan does the best acting of the whole cast. Best role he has had. Subtle reacting, rather than over the top gurning.

JayRoc wrote: »
    I think Tommy Tiernan does the best acting of the whole cast. Best role he has had. Subtle reacting, rather than over the top gurning.

Yes. The rest of the cast did enjoy their gurning. It was still funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭French Toast

Baby Driver?

Admittedly, I haven't seen that. Didn't like the concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hilarious in Zoolander, perfect in Midnight In Paris, and consistently watchable in his work with Wes Anderson.

Agree about Midnight in Paris but Zoolander? An awful film.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Admittedly, I haven't seen that. Didn't like the concept.
    Just started on Sony Movies+1

or later

Sony Movies
    TV / 28.2° E
    Thu 25.03.2021 Baby Driver
    21:00 - 23:15 (135 min.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Mad Men was brilliant and Jon Hamm will always be associated with Don Draper - a character men secretly aspire to be. I work in an office, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have colleagues who brought in a decanter of brandy and glasses into their office to base themselves on the character and who all of a sudden were taking afternoon siestas in the office (and making it public knowledge).

Anyway, Jon Hamm just can't seem to shake that character. It's like an albatros around his next in every role that he plays, regardless of the type of film. I've seen him in comedies (e.g. Tag), serious films like Beirut; And he puts on the same brooding performance in each film - a kinda arrogant character who gives the impression that he knows it all i.e. like Don Draper.

IMO, it's not that he is a bad actor; more so that he seems like he has to put on a Don Draper performance in everything that he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭trashcan

Dougal, theres another one who sounds like he's just reading lines for the first time... he was brilliant in father Ted, but Death in Paradise, that super-hero one, my family I think it was called, just seemed like an actor reading lines rather than an actual character

Agree. Ardal O’Hanlon was perfect as Dougal. Anything else I’ve seen him in, and even his stand up, not so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

David Bowie brilliant pop singer but as an actor pretty poor, the same could be said for Prince and Mick Jagger

Elvis wasn't too bad although the movies he starred were truly tripe

fryup wrote: »
    David Bowie brilliant pop singer but as an actor pretty poor, the same could be said for Prince and Mick Jagger

Elvis wasn't too bad although the movies he starred were truly tripe

Pfft he's magnificent as Tesla

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

My immediate reaction also, he was excellent as Nicola Tesla.

I actually think he stole the show (though Bale was pretty good too).

And as Jareth the Goblin King

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

on the pop star theme, was watchin Buster the other night and Phil Collins was so so in it

this is the best acting he ever did

Advertisement