Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad Actors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

ziedth wrote: »
    I think Nic Cage has very been good in too many movies to be called a bad actor to be honest. I can easily see why people would jump to him so quickly.

Good very yes been has he.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Daniel overact Lewis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Theworldisy

If you can name good cage films happy to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Is that Ryan O’Neal?

That's him alright

Obviously each to their own but just can't take to him. Only good film i have seen him in is on frozen ground.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kick Ass. Con Air. Into The Spiderverse. He nearly makes Gone In 60 Seconds work too.

Lord of War was decent

Raising Arizona
    Snake Eyes
    Con Air
    The Rock
    Lord of War
    Leaving Las Vegas
    Bad Lieutenant
    Matchstick Men

Loads of them TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

aaronc182 wrote: »
    Lord of War was decent

Lord Of War, Bad Lieutenant, Snake Eyes, Leaving Las Vegas and 8mm would be my picks of films that were good.

Have to also say I loved of Face/Off, The Rock, Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds so my opinion is probably not worth much

• Advertisement

Liked the rock but can't remember him in it.

Everyone opinion counts i just don't rate him. Think he is the same in every film just my opinion. Thats all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Moghead

Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Leaving Las Vegas.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

An actor i have enjoyed over the years but is highly criticised. profile cast in his roles as a tatt'd mexi hardnut.

TREJO

I consider him a bad actor i'll leave it at that. Obviously people like his films.

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Have to also say I loved of Face/Off, The Rock, Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds so my opinion is probably not worth much

Yeah I loved gone in sixty seconds too. I mean it's not a thought provoking oscar winner by any stretch but its pretty entertaining and easy watching... Sometimes that's all you want from a movie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Losendos wrote: »
    I knew Jenny slightly, a long time ago, when we were both young actors. She had talent, but getting drawn into the BOC world did her no favours. You need to be a superb actor to rise above scripts that bad.

Sorry but whose Jenny?

My bad actor is someone's good actor. That's the beauty of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Clint Eastwood. Never got him at all

3lgs0d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Nicholas Cage.

Brilliant in Raising Arizona. Utterly awful in pretty much everything else he’s ever been in.

The intro to his Terry Wogan interview is perhaps the greatest thing ever broadcast on television.

Glazers Out!

accensi0n wrote: »
    Good very yes been has he.

If I were to tell you that someone struggles sometimes (allot of the time) to type stuff coherently or in the correct order but nevertheless make a real effort to soldier on sometimes spending 10 minutes writing and rereading a simple post or email to get it right.....

If they then let a very minor error slip through (although it was quite obvious what they meant) and i decided to post that reply........ I tell you what....... I'd feel like a bit of a dick

Thats it. I think great actor even better director. But that's it is all about opinions. But i bet a poll of thousand random people bad actors Clint would be not in the top twenty but cage but either number one or two. Clint services to film as an actor and director is unreal. But its all about opinions.

Daniel overact Lewis

Wash your mouth out

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Butterbeans

Bill Paxton. Good few high profile films - Aliens, Apollo 13, Twister to name a few.

Sofia Coppola. She nearly single-handedly ruined Godfather 3. She is however, a very good director.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Ryan Gosling.

Every line is delivered in the same slow emotionaless devoid of life drawl .

Appalling actor.

Wash your mouth out[

Dobbytoes wrote: »
    Sofia Coppola. She nearly single-handedly ruined Godfather 3. She is however, a very good director.

Sophia Vergara. Holy Jaysus she's woeful too

Ryan Gosling.

Appalling actor.

Good shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bill Paxton. Good few high profile films - Aliens, Apollo 13, Twister to name a few.

Had he any bad roles even in the Training Day tv series he was good

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Had he any bad roles even in the Training Day tv series he was good

Not sure I follow. Good role doesn't equal good actor.

Jean Claude Van Damme. At least he could kick I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Character Building

Russell Crowe is a terrible actor. He's actually probably a better singer than actor.

Russell Crowe is a terrible actor. He's actually probably a better singer than actor.[/QUO.

Can i ask are you just naming him for the sake of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Titanic Predator 2 The Terminator A Simple Plan True Lies A Bright Shining Lie etc etc. He was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Gerard Butler couldn't act the egit, pulls stupid faces.

Titanic Predator 2 The Terminator A Simple Plan True Lies A Bright Shining Lie etc etc. He was brilliant.

Each to their own, can't agree with you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,068 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Orlando Bloom has been very watchable in plenty of films but he's not a good actor is he.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    The intro to his Terry Wogan interview is perhaps the greatest thing ever broadcast on television.

Coked out of his mind, cocaine drip all the way through the interview

Daniel overact Lewis

Surely you dont mean Daniel Day Lewis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

There’s songs dedicated to it.

https://youtu.be/60GNc9UJrPo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I've never figured out Colm Meanys appeal albeit I've not seen him in anything in recent years, perhaps that in itself says it all. Some pretty dreadful performances in equally dreadful films but whilst not a film, his performances generally in Star Trek Deep space nine was just appalling where he played the token Irish character chief O Brien, just awful cringe enducing stuff. Seems the snapper was pretty much a one hit wonder.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Massively likable though.

You wouldn't think it, but likeability goes a long way for an actor.

Ryan Gosling.

Appalling actor.

I thought much the same until I saw BR 2049 and First Man.

Very subtle actor, certainly talented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Denzel Washington, just don't like him maybe, seems to play the same character everytime,
    Probably get bashed for that one but just needed to say it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hugh Grant

"I..I...I. I'm so terribly sorry to ask this, but I find you quite attractive and, apologies for being so forthright, but it would mean the world to me if.....if you would be so kind as to have dinner with me" - *swoon*

**** off Hugh, in real life the girl would prefer to go off with a guy who can string a sentence together. Although he was pretty good in that recent thing with Nicole kidman to be fair

Macdarack wrote: »
    Denzel Washington, just don't like him maybe, seems to play the same character everytime,
    Probably get bashed for that one but just needed to say it.

I'd say you are a professional wind up merchant. Probably on the site to keep things going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Russell Crowe is a terrible actor. He's actually probably a better singer than actor.

He's a terrible singer. I guess you're referring to Le Mis, where they are all under par singers in that movie. So that doesn't say much about his acting ability:)

Hugh Grant

"I..I...I. I'm so terribly sorry to ask this, but I find you quite attractive and, apologies for being so forthright, but it would mean the world to me if.....if you would be so kind as to have dinner with me" - *swoon*

**** off Hugh, in real life the girl would prefer to go off with a guy who can string a sentence together. Although he was pretty good in that recent thing with Nicole kidman to be fair

He's also absolutely scene stealing in the gentlemen

• Advertisement
Advertisement