Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Actors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

razorblunt wrote: »
    In a show that has a long list of bad actors she’s by far the worst. You’d think after all this time she’d get used to it and would stop laugh-talking.

The “breaking” is deliberate, they do it on SNL as well*

Sh1te shows do it a lot

*was mentioned on an episode of 30 Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭HamSarris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,799 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Julia Roberts. Can look like she is trying to figure out why she is there?
    Reese Witherspoon. Almost always too intense bit like like Tom Cruise?

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I've never figured out Colm Meanys appeal albeit I've not seen him in anything in recent years, perhaps that in itself says it all. Some pretty dreadful performances in equally dreadful films but whilst not a film, his performances generally in Star Trek Deep space nine was just appalling where he played the token Irish character chief O Brien, just awful cringe enducing stuff. Seems the snapper was pretty much a one hit wonder.

Nah, Meaney is a fine actor. He did a scene in DS9 as "Smiley" in the alternate universe, where he wishes for the life in the other universe, as anything would be better than this, and it was just fabulous acting. There were plenty of bad actors in DS9, but Meaney wasn't one of them. He was also great as Gene in Layer Cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,793 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

re: Cage - he's a superb actor who appears in a lot of bad movies. Ethan Hawke described him as “the only actor since Marlon Brando that’s actually done anything new with the art of acting”. No matter how sh1t a movie is, Cage generally improves it.

getting back to the question, the correct answer is Arnie - he can't act for toffee, but he's always entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Harrison Ford has two expressions - frown and point his finger or sideways grin. His movies are always about his wife or his family in danger.

Michael Douglas never made a movie where he doesn't have a shower scene or a white bathrobe or he doesn't slick his hair back.

Tom Cruise - surprise or a grin or he runs manically.

After scores of movies actors become parodies of themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Losendos

I knew Jenny slightly, a long time ago, when we were both young actors. She had talent, but getting drawn into the BOC world did her no favours. You need to be a superb actor to rise above scripts that bad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Check out the Steven Seagal emotion chart.

If you can't see his face it's been a body double since the turn of the millennium.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Michael Caine, why he's so highly regarded has me baffled

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I know it's nowhere near Hollywood levels but Keith Duffy in Coronation Street. He just played himself and kept looking at the camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,816 ✭✭✭appledrop

Neil Patrick Harris Starship Troopers and Barney Stinson anything else he's crap

No can't agree with you at all. Neil Patrick Harris is absolutely outstanding in ' Its a Sin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I don't know the chaps name, but this is something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I don't know the chaps name, but this is something else.

Is that Ryan O’Neal?

fryup wrote: »
    Michael Caine, why he's so highly regarded has me baffled

3 time oscar nominee, 1 time winner. Plus a golden globe.
    saabsaab wrote: »
    Julia Roberts. Can look like she is trying to figure out why she is there?

Nominated for a total of 8 awards between oscars and golden globes. winning 3 golden globes it of the 4 I believe.
    saabsaab wrote: »
    Reese Witherspoon. Almost always too intense bit like like Tom Cruise?

2 golden globes and an oscar winner out of 7 nominations.

This thread has jumped the shark so many times the shark has gitten bored, given up and gone home, shaking its head sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Andie MacDowell. She is just blessed she picked great comedies in Four Weddings and Groundhog Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Lesalare

I find Julia Roberts - whilst a stunningly beautiful woman, somewhat annoying to watch as an actress. I don't see her as a character in all her movies, rather just Hollywood celeb - Julie Roberts. She does the same quirky traits in every movie she's in.

Also I can't watch a movie with Kiera Knightly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I think Nic Cage has very been good in too many movies to be called a bad actor to be honest. I can easily see why people would jump to him so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hayden Christiansen - terrible from his first scene in Star Wars.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Theworldisy

Is the betting without Nicolas Cage. Only good film i have seen him in is On frozen ground. Other than that shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

ziedth wrote: »
    I think Nic Cage has very been good in too many movies to be called a bad actor to be honest. I can easily see why people would jump to him so quickly.

Good very yes been has he.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Daniel overact Lewis

If you can name good cage films happy to listen.

Is that Ryan O’Neal?

That's him alright

Obviously each to their own but just can't take to him. Only good film i have seen him in is on frozen ground.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Kick Ass. Con Air. Into The Spiderverse. He nearly makes Gone In 60 Seconds work too.

Lord of War was decent

Raising Arizona
    Snake Eyes
    Con Air
    The Rock
    Lord of War
    Leaving Las Vegas
    Bad Lieutenant
    Matchstick Men

Loads of them TBH.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

aaronc182 wrote: »
    Lord of War was decent

Lord Of War, Bad Lieutenant, Snake Eyes, Leaving Las Vegas and 8mm would be my picks of films that were good.

Have to also say I loved of Face/Off, The Rock, Con Air and Gone in 60 seconds so my opinion is probably not worth much

• Advertisement

Liked the rock but can't remember him in it.

Advertisement