Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Actors

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Daniel overact Lewis

Surely you dont mean Daniel Day Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

There’s songs dedicated to it.

https://youtu.be/60GNc9UJrPo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dempo1 wrote: »
    I've never figured out Colm Meanys appeal albeit I've not seen him in anything in recent years, perhaps that in itself says it all. Some pretty dreadful performances in equally dreadful films but whilst not a film, his performances generally in Star Trek Deep space nine was just appalling where he played the token Irish character chief O Brien, just awful cringe enducing stuff. Seems the snapper was pretty much a one hit wonder.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Bill Paxton. Good few high profile films - Aliens, Apollo 13, Twister to name a few.

Massively likable though.

You wouldn't think it, but likeability goes a long way for an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ryan Gosling.

Every line is delivered in the same slow emotionaless devoid of life drawl .

Appalling actor.

I thought much the same until I saw BR 2049 and First Man.

Very subtle actor, certainly talented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Denzel Washington, just don't like him maybe, seems to play the same character everytime,
    Probably get bashed for that one but just needed to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Hugh Grant

"I..I...I. I'm so terribly sorry to ask this, but I find you quite attractive and, apologies for being so forthright, but it would mean the world to me if.....if you would be so kind as to have dinner with me" - *swoon*

**** off Hugh, in real life the girl would prefer to go off with a guy who can string a sentence together. Although he was pretty good in that recent thing with Nicole kidman to be fair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Theworldisy

Macdarack wrote: »
    Denzel Washington, just don't like him maybe, seems to play the same character everytime,
    Probably get bashed for that one but just needed to say it.

I'd say you are a professional wind up merchant. Probably on the site to keep things going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Russell Crowe is a terrible actor. He's actually probably a better singer than actor.

He's a terrible singer. I guess you're referring to Le Mis, where they are all under par singers in that movie. So that doesn't say much about his acting ability:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Hugh Grant

"I..I...I. I'm so terribly sorry to ask this, but I find you quite attractive and, apologies for being so forthright, but it would mean the world to me if.....if you would be so kind as to have dinner with me" - *swoon*

**** off Hugh, in real life the girl would prefer to go off with a guy who can string a sentence together. Although he was pretty good in that recent thing with Nicole kidman to be fair

He's also absolutely scene stealing in the gentlemen

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    He's a terrible singer. I guess you're referring to Le Mis, where they are all under par singers in that movie. So that doesn't say much about his acting ability:)

totally keep the talk going is this site full of professional wind up merchants id say. Accounts just set up to keep the convo going. Like a ponzi talking scheme.

I am now convinced that this site has to be full of set up merchants. Start a topic wind people up and keep it going. Seen it on so many topics. Maybe im wrong but looks that way.

• Stallone.

Ben Affleck.

John Travolta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Nicholas Cage.

Brilliant in Raising Arizona. Utterly awful in pretty much everything else he’s ever been in.

Eh Face Off or Leaving Las Vegas?????!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Hugh Grant

I think he can be excellent in right film.
    Paddington 2 he was fantastic imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Jack Nicholsons wife in the shining was very poor i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Tarah04

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Jack Nicholson wife in the shining was very poor thought.

Really? I can't imagine anyone else playing the role?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've always found Sam Worthington to be absolutely terrible in everything I've seen him in. And thanks to James Cameron, we have four more Avatar movies to endure him in. Having said that, another of Wortho's upcoming movies has one of the best-worst premises ever; Alphas.
    When the local Great White population spirals out of control, environmentalist Gavin McDade (Worthington) is tasked with finding a natural solution to the shark problem. He tracks down the owner of a nearby Killer Whale sanctuary, whose career as an Orca trainer was cut short when she was attacked by the star of her own show. She reluctantly agrees to reintroduce a pod of juvenile Orcas into the same waters to drive out the sharks, but soon realizes there’s a female alpha Great White lurking beneath the surface capable of destroying them all. With nowhere else to turn and with his rebellious sister’s surf competition quickly approaching, he must convince the former trainer to unleash the same creature that nearly killed her in what will become the greatest battle of apex predators the oceans have ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Never rated Tommy Lee Jones

fair play to who lads keep on starting topics. this site will end one views are stopped also people will stop having views. the game is over. anyway nite. im 48 comedy was the best best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ziedth wrote: »
    He's also absolutely scene stealing in the gentlemen

I would of had the opinion that Hugh Grant was a boring ‘plays the same character’ in every film he’s in type of actor, and not very good.

That opinion changed after seeing The Gentlemen.. he was utterly brilliant in it, and I really hope it opens his career up for him and gets him away from that typecast role he always seems to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Sean Connery. Truly awful actor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Tarah04 wrote: »
    Really? I can't imagine anyone else playing the role?

Yes, I just think the delivery of her lines is very amateur, almost like watching a pantomime actor. Theres no conviction in her voice I find...

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

I'd say you are a professional wind up merchant. Probably on the site to keep things going.

Ever since training day I've found him unwatchable, and highly annoying.

Definitely a few on here trying to get a reaction. Someone made an attempt to mention Daniel day lewis in this thread, who's next Gene Hackman?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

10 pages of comments and no mention of Tom Hardy?

I thought he was ok in Inception but everything else he's been woeful in, mumbling around like a robot devoid of life - he nearly ruined Warrior which is an excellent film

• Registered Users Posts: 12,242 ✭✭✭✭blade1

John Conners.

10 pages of comments and no mention of Tom Hardy?

I thought he was ok in Inception but everything else he's been woeful in, mumbling around like a robot devoid of life - he nearly ruined Warrior which is an excellent film

He was excellent in the movie Lawless, he was also excellent in Bronson. Gained critical acclaim for his performance in Locke and again in Taboo. I think a lot of people are struggling to make the distinction between a truly "bad actor" and actors they just dont like personally. Either that or a lot of posts are trying to get a reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭amber69

Megan Markle but I've only seen her in that Oprah interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,242 ✭✭✭✭blade1

amber69 wrote: »
    Megan Markle but I've only seen her in that Oprah interview.

On the flip side Harry is a great actor.
    He's had a life spanning career playing Prince Charles' son. :pac:

Advertisement