Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flogging a Dead Horse: The Late Late Show - Friday 5th March 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

:D, if he was say putting his fingers in the horses eyes or doing anything outright disrespectful I could understand the public rage but I just couldn't see it. Next logical step was going to be a teleporter or JCB arriving to lift up the body and dispose of it in the back of a large truck or van, it was never going to be a hearse from Masseys arriving to bring the horse to St Patrick's Cathedral.

Many years ago an uncle of mine went to a local animal knackery with a fallen cow.

He was greeted by one of the workers using a dead cow as a table for his lunchbox, sandwiches and mug of tea. The story this week reminded of it.

He was stupid and held to higher standards than most in his position but he did not kill the horse.

People do need to be aware how easy it is the photograph every act we do every day nowadays and behave accordingly, especially if someone is in a position of authority

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I remember seeing the video footage, lots of people made it down to the shore and went out in to the sea for safety, they waited there for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭CH3OH

She has written a book: As the smoke clears

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jesus Christ this is horrendous

• Advertisement

You ghoul

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

He's really rooting now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That's a horrific story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

wandererz wrote: »
    Did Brian die??

yes and his brother died tragically as well

https://extra.ie/2018/07/31/featured/brian-ocallaghan-westropp-mother-zoe-holohan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,807 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

You ghoul

? - who:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

After joe Duffy played the audio of a dead peados voice to victims live on air today it actually wouldnt suprise me if ryan started throwing fireworks at her right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

This is heavy stuff.
    She's remarkably articulate and composed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Christ.

When he fell out of the boot I assumed that had killed him.

When she added on what actually killed him my jaw dropped.

She is a tough woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I feel this is in poor taste, but the film on RTE2 is Man On Fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Is she saying half her face was burnt?
    Coz it looks flawless

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Wer really lucky in Ireland that theres no lethal animals bar bulls etc and no natural disasters on the earthquake/volcano/ wild fire scale

Politicions ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I feel this is in poor taste, but the film on RTE2 is Man On Fire.

Tubs choice

Can I ask you the cruel question....

I fell gruesome asking this but.....

What type of person finds themselves using sentences like that on a regular basis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,807 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

She is bizarrely composed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jesus that's a horrible way to die. Crazy getting into the boot of a car in the first place but maybe they just thought it's that or nothing. Terrible thing to happen. How would you ever get over that?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Government buildings

She's a very nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I think this is the worst misery slot they've ever had and that's saying a lot considering Madeleine McCanns parents have been on a few times.

No disrespect to this women or her poor husband but the nation really does not need a story like this at the end of a long week.

This show needs a major revamp. These type of slots do no good for anyone really.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Many years ago an uncle of mine went to a local animal knackery with a fallen cow.

He was greeted by one of the workers using a dead cow as a table for his lunchbox, sandwiches and mug of tea. The story this week reminded of it.

He was stupid and held to higher standards than most in his position but he did not kill the horse.

People do need to be aware how easy it is the photograph every act we do every day nowadays and behave accordingly, especially if someone is in a position of authority

This is the way it was.

It you think this is the way it is to go forward you'd probably thank it.

But, hopefully its not.

Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

"Grotesque", sadly every Friday night on the Late Late Show is.

Fantastic medical attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Ties in with the thread heading.

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think this is the worst misery slot they've ever had and that's saying a lot considering Madeleine McCanns parents have been on a few times.

No disrespect to this women or her poor husband but the nation really does not need a story like this at the end of a long week.

This show needs a major revamp. These type of slots do no good for anyone really.

Dont forget what they did to barry mcguigan.

Or do actually if you can for your own sake

• Advertisement
Advertisement