Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Ixlandia wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in the renewable energy game, both Enel €ENL and Iberdrola €IBE have been in a significant slide the last two months

Both large wind companies, €7.62 and €10.01 respectively as of now, these will surely pick up over time, good time to buy methinks as long term bets

The whole renewable sector has slipped in the last month or so. Canadian or Jinko solar seem good value too. Agree any of these are good long term value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Added some NIO and UPWK, also picked some ACTC which is merging with proterra it had run away earlier...I'm heavy on green stocks so this might back fire...looking at Gore's VI anyone following it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gamestop looking like a safe port in a storm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Thargor wrote: »
    Gamestop looking like a safe port in a storm :D

Time to throw it into the pension fund I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭dontparkhere

$40 up 60% today...
    Great company but looking like a possible short squeeze.
    Got back in at $29 and will be placing stop losses.

Rkt paper profits came and went, only left a small profit in the end.
    Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Apart from Powell’s speech what else is a good indicator to get a jist of where the market is heading in the short term? Futures maybe? But I’m not sure I quite understand what ticket symbol to search when looking at futures. These are commodities are they not. Maybe the indexes Sp 500 Dow Jones etc

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

Ixlandia wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in the renewable energy game, both Enel €ENL and Iberdrola €IBE have been in a significant slide the last two months

Both large wind companies, €7.62 and €10.01 respectively as of now, these will surely pick up over time, good time to buy methinks as long term bets

Was with Enel but got out as it was like all utilities slow moving. Iberbrola I agree were difficult to deal with here but I am still with them. Both very impressive on renewables - yes I think I will get in again for longer term.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 VertBlue

Think it's going to be another day of not checking my holdings

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Tuesday down 2%, Wednesday up 2%, now currently down 1.5%. I think I'll take that considering the market for the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

After two years of getting myself out of the red, the last two weeks and with today coming, I am back in the red baby! 10% emails coming out my arse.

A quick look:
    The SPACs
    THBR is @ 10.06 pre market, less 6 cents and you couldn't get a better buying opportunity.
    APSG @ 10.12 also another opportunity to get in.
    PIPP @ 10.35
    and of course our favourite PSTH - Ackerman is hinting at PSTH II but he'd want to pull the finger out and reveal what PSTH is for

Green energy PLUG and BE - continue to take a beating along with the INRG tracker - very likely more pain to come

AYX almost back to March Covid crash levels which is just insane. Company are woeful at giving guidance but I can see it slipping sub 80. Very much a how long can you go.

SQ first fintech to launch a bank and of course with market logic drops 7% last night just before close, with a pre market of 216 - still a price target of 300 down the road.

CRM great earnings and guidance so more logic prevails almost at the 200 level.

FSLY coming in hot at 68 we've been here before (about 7 times now)

EDSA - 10m closing of bought shares of course on this news alone it dropped 16% followed by another 5% because logic once more. Pre market up .5% but I expect it to close -8% or even hit sub $5 because it's Edesa and it loves upsetting me

Ones to watch DDDD (4D Pharama) as its soon to get it's Nasdaq listing, I don't think we'll get the pop we'll want but should see some growth
    IAG has been on fire the last week but I'm sure earnings edit: should have ripped the arse out of it, going to see how it trades this week but I expect it to come back down for an entry
    SM (Oil & Gas with Hydrocarbon exploration) holding strong and growing

If any of these stocks scream "get out now" to you please let me know

• Advertisement

^^^ EDSA will get you out of the hole and then some soon. But, you've already been through some big spikes to exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

DutchYurt wrote: »
    After two years of getting myself out of the red, the last two weeks and with today coming, I am back in the red baby! 10% emails coming out my arse.

A quick look:
    The SPACs
    THBR is @ 10.06 pre market, less 6 cents and you couldn't get a better buying opportunity.
    PIPP @ 10.35
    and of course our favourite PSTH - Ackerman is hinting at PSTH II but he'd want to pull the finger out and reveal what PSTH is for

Green energy PLUG and BE - continue to take a beating along with the INRG tracker - very likely more pain to come

AYX almost back to March Covid crash levels which is just insane. Company are woeful at giving guidance but I can see it slipping sub 80. Very much a how long can you go.

SQ first fintech to launch a bank and of course with market logic drops 7% last night just before close, with a pre market of 216 - still a price target of 300 down the road.

EDSA - 10m closing of bought shares of course on this news alone it dropped 16% followed by another 5% because logic once more. Pre market up .5% but I expect it to close -8% or even hit sub $5 because it's Edesa and it loves upsetting me

Ones to watch DDDD (4D Pharama) as its soon to get it's Nasdaq listing, I don't think we'll get the pop we'll want but should see some growth
    IAG has been on fire the last week but I'm sure earnings tomorrow will rip the arse from it potential buying opportunity for next week

Wasn't IAG earnings last friday?

Posted just over €7b in losses and gained 3% the same day.

cc87 wrote: »
    Wasn't IAG earnings last friday?

Posted just over €7b in losses and gained 3% the same day.

You're 100% correct - I've lost all concept of time in this pandemic and curfew. Christ.

^^^ EDSA will get you out of the hole and then some soon. But, you've already been through some big spikes to exit.

I've exited, reinvested, and got back in. Really hope it just gains some support soon!

I've exited, reinvested, and got back in. Really hope it just gains some support soon!

Phase II trial interim data imminent, HC Waintright buying US$10m at market value when lots of Trial data would have been "known". This on top of the Canadian government having funded most of the phase two trial half way through with and US$11 grant... I think we're in for good times. It has dropped recently since all the above. Very strange... I'm buying more today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Phase II trial interim data imminent, HC Waintright buying US$10m at market value when lots of Trial data would have been "known". This on top of the Canadian government having funded most of the phase two trial half way through with and US$11 grant... I think we're in for good times. It has dropped recently since all the above. Very strange... I'm buying more today.

Are you not weary the biotech sell off may not be done yet?

Are you not weary the biotech sell off may not be done yet?

I'm buying it in the belief a strong catalyst is coming, such that will be general market sentiment proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

cronos wrote: »
    Do people pay for seeking alpha?

Was thinking of subscribing as content seems to be good - currently €265pa - would also like to know if anyone has subscribed and whether they find its worth the cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Was thinking of subscribing as content seems to be good - currently €265pa - would also like to know if anyone has subscribed and whether they find its worth the cost?

Would be interested in thoughts on the different players out there...
    - Stock Dweebs
    - Motley Fool
    - My Wall Street
    - SeekingAlpha
    ... any others.

I've started creating profolios on Yahoo Finance that has "investments" in the public recommendations of Stock Dweebs and Motley Fool... as well as a couple of other sources on Twitter to see over time how each performs. The current pullback is screwing with the plan though, almost everything recent is red. Though it'll be interesting to see over next month or two if they go green. If I can build confidence in any of them I'll consider signing up.... or if the public stuff is good enough I'll just use that to help inform decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I've added a lot of cash to my Degiro this week and slowly making some purchases. I'm going to use % of my overall capital to say how much I put into each. I figure that's an easy shorthand for saying how confident (or not) I am on these.

Air Canada 6%
    Rank Group 3%
    Easyjet 3%
    Compass Group 3%
    Tremor 1%

I have a lot of US Tech companies on my shortlist but waiting for the bleeding to stop at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Tempted by RKT , yes its a WSB stock but seems to be decent buy regardless at below $30 and if WSB takes it much higher it will be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Somebody make it stop please

Green and IT stocks taking a beating again, better than expected results are also not good enough for them.
    kinda regretting, as I added more :D...if any of you have cash hold on to it....I know pressure of FOMO is huge and we give up.

In a week or two you'll get better prices...with the money going into recovery stocks don't see a quick turn around of tech stocks, hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

A quick look:
    The SPACs
    PIPP @ 10.35

IAG has been on fire the last week but I'm sure earnings edit: should have ripped the arse out of it, going to see how it trades this week but I expect it to come back down for an entry

I'd say you have probably ridden IAG as high as its going to go in the short/medium term. I'd say lock in, some profits there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Weeks like this you have to remember the bigger picture, go have a look at the 5 year or 1 year of the S&P or Nasdaq, there's lots of drops like this month, it always comes back stronger. Stick with it folks, don't panic sell at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Weeks like this you have to remember the bigger picture, go have a look at the 5 year or 1 year of the S&P or Nasdaq, there's lots of drops like this month, it always comes back stronger. Stick with it folks, don't panic sell at the bottom.

18ps27.jpg

MPbX6OD.jpg

Make the bad man stop... for the LOVE of everything make the bad man stop

good few stocks from my watch list have it price targets :) it's not a suggestion to buy folks, just the targets I had set-up based on their 50 day MA.

@shedite27, agree it's not the time to panic sell, but if you're not in...hold your horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Re-entry back into NNDM at 8.50 and just got into THBR at 10, RIDE at 17.83 and DM at 16:45. Now to look away from the screen...if possible :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Currently sitting on a very large 4D pharma (DDDD) position, over 30% of my entire portfolio, BEP of 100

Currently going through the numbers but I'm thinking of selling a good part of this position and throwing it into the tech stocks that have dropped massively.

My current shopping list of cheap stocks, many of which I hold a small position of (no Particular order):

CLOV : Reaching all time lows, down 35% this month, 55% from all time highs, possible 30% upside in coming months. Risky.

CRWD : Back to price it was last month, down 20% from heights of this past month. possible 15% upside. Less Risky.

DOCU : Stable share price, down 10% last month, 20% from heights of this past month. possible 10% upside. Safe.

LMND : Down 30% from last month, 40% from heights of this past month. possible 50% upside. Less Risky.

IPOF : Down 30% from last month-ish, possible return in a month: unkown. Actually think this is less risky than most SPACs. Risky.

MILE : Down 30% from last month, 40% from heights of past month. Last time it was this price was a year ago, when it was a blank check SPAC. Possible 50% upside. Risky.

Trying to weigh up risk reward the different options give, but I am really reluctant to sell 4D shares this close to NASDAQ listing.

Advertisement