Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Where do people see this going, extended dip? I have got cash on the side ready to jump in, but thinking I will let this play out for the week

I'm down 41% since Jan 27, I hope it doesn't extend much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I'm down 41% since Jan 27, I hope it doesn't extend much longer

Owch. What areas are you invested in?

cronos wrote: »
    Owch. What areas are you invested in?

I'm overweight on genomics, CRSP being 35% of my portfolio, everything else is tech..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Thanks for the ocgn tip here. Sold out the majority of my shares but will leave 200 riding to see how they go.

I think I got unlucky that my first ever Motley fool pick IDEXX is down around 10 percent since they recommended it. Will have to reconsider such blind purchases haha. Hopefully it will recover so have not sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭LC134

I'm overweight on genomics, CRSP being 35% of my portfolio, everything else is tech..

I know CRSP is a ticker but I’ve seen reference to “crspr”or similar stocks - seemed to be in context of a group / or sub-industry? Is there such a thing?

Any particularly good bargains out there?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Thanks for the ocgn tip here. Sold out the majority of my shares but will leave 200 riding to see how they go.

Congrats - I’ve been day dreaming too much and holding on in the hope of big gains. Shame the news took so long and J&J developments this week, as it would probably have gone above previous high if there wasn’t the current market dip / downward pressure.

I think I will hold most of mine til at least EUA news to give it a proper chance. If it could break 20 sell enough to get back my capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I think I got unlucky that my first ever Motley fool pick IDEXX is down around 10 percent since they recommended it. Will have to reconsider such blind purchases haha. Hopefully it will recover so have not sold.

Ha! Same. I've noticed the pattern with their picks is that there is a huge spike and quick sell off following their release of the pick. Then it settles somewhere between the per-announcement price and the spike by the end of the day. If you can't get in ahead of the spike, wait for the price to stabilize after a couple of days. After that, well my sole experience has been a slow bleed. Not selling though, the outlook was 3 months so lets wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

Two weeks of red, all my gains more or less gone. relentless.. I had a feeling the correction was coming I didn't think it was going to be this much.

Alteryx continues to dip, Edesa trading sideways even after the 10m worth of shares deal closes.
    Green energy still having no luck.

I've a little bit of cash on the sidelines. Tempted to go more into Alteryx but it has an air of Fastly last round of devilment in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

LC134 wrote: »
    I know CRSP is a ticker but I’ve seen reference to “crspr”or similar stocks - seemed to be in context of a group / or sub-industry? Is there such a thing?

CRISPR is a technology that can be used to edit genes
    crispr $crsp is also a company founded by 1/2 of the original science team that discovered Crispr technology.
    Not all crispr stocks are the same, some use different viral vectors to do the gene editing, some are precise some do it via a sledge hammer method. You need to become expert before investing as there are some duds out there.
    Either way this is all very long term, if you are not willing to wait 5-10 years then look elsewhere.
    Doctor Dean investing
    Crispr talk

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ADZAM

I was awake at 3am last night thinking about my portfolio and this morning at open sold everything except Lakestar SPAC I SE (LRS1.F) and ESG Core Investments B.V. (ESG.AS) both are European Spacs near their NAV so only upside if a deal is made, no downside apart from opportunity cost.

I've learnt my lesson with SPACS, take the profit. Lost 40% of paper profit made over 12 months in 2 weeks. I know I shouldn't panic, buy the dip and be greedy etc etc maybe this is the bottom and I'm an idiot but I can't let more profit vaporize.

I'm up overall and it's time to take a break.

Anyways Lakestar SPAC I SE (LRS1.F) and ESG Core Investments B.V. (ESG.AS) and I will sell on the first rumor which pops the stocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

JeffKenna wrote: »

I did the same but now I'm 100% out.

CRISPR is a technology that can be used to edit genes
    crispr $crsp is also a company founded by 1/2 of the original science team that discovered Crispr technology.
    Not all crispr stocks are the same, some use different viral vectors to do the gene editing, some are precise some do it via a sledge hammer method. You need to become expert before investing as there are some duds out there.
    Either way this is all very long term, if you are not willing to wait 5-10 years then look elsewhere.
    Doctor Dean investing
    Crispr talk

I’ve been in crsp for 4 years now, it’s a hold forever for me, but it still hurts to see it fall from $210 to $120 in a few weeks. I’m also in edit beam agtc pacb and sgmo all in the crispr or genomics space.

I remember reading an article shortly after crispr was discovered and felt it was going to be a game changer for humanity. Went as deep as a could at the time, have bought along the way.

I don’t plan on selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Alteryx, to me, seems to be reaching that territory. We are not far off the March lows and the revenue and earnings growth has been impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

My top 5 holdings NIO, UPWK, PLTR, RIDE, CRSR all down... think I was wrong to get rid of my recovery play stocks in the last few weeks...they are all green now would have come to my rescue...hindsight is a great thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Just bought some Micron Technology $MU. It's been outperforming NVIDIA and AMD and seems undervalued still compared to both. Just released positive earnings too.

Hoping it can claw back some recent losses on my biggest losers FRX, CSIQ, 4d Pharma. I'm long on the 2nd too and am still hopeful on FRX!

FUBO is getting near a tempting price; VOW3 is a solid play too I think. Also keeping on eye on FROG and FVRR.

Down 2% since starting my portfolio a month ago but enjoying the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

cc87 wrote: »
    NRZ seems like a good investment currently. US based REIT

Was around $15/16 pre-covid, dropped to 5/6, recovered to around the $9.50 mark. Offers $0.80 (8.5%) dividends quarterly and increases them regularly. Earnings day on the 4th should result in an increase.

Target price varies from $12-15

Financials all look good as well.

NRZ has been the only stock to remain green day-to-day throughout the last two or so weeks. Had a small wobble when everything dropped last week but quickly recovered. Currently up 9.3% since this post.

Currently floating around book value so may not move more for the time being, although they did announce funding for stock buy back recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I’ve been in crsp for 4 years now, it’s a hold forever for me, but it still hurts to see it fall from $210 to $120 in a few weeks. I’m also in edit beam agtc pacb and sgmo all in the crispr or genomics space.

I remember reading an article shortly after crispr was discovered and felt it was going to be a game changer for humanity. Went as deep as a could at the time, have bought along the way.

I don’t plan on selling.

I don't plan on selling either, but I got caught recently with Bluebird (one of the sledge hammer types!)
    Anyway it's the kinda investment that could become bigger than Biopharma/ pharma. Any of these companies could be the next j&j but I think we'll be waiting for a few years that's all

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

All hype stocks down - Jfrog, Lemonade, Redfin, Clover, Relief (5-10%). Overall green as Carnival and TUI are up 40-50% and Royal Dutch is up around 15%.

To anyone using Degiro with money in "cash" which I believe is automatically put in the Money Market Fund. i've noticed not all of it shows as "Available To Trade". Is there a reason for that, also how negative can money in this Money Market Fund go in a downturn? Is there a risk having money there rather than pulling it back to your own bank, I'm just mindful it takes a long time to transfer back and forth so would prefer to have it available if I decide to re-enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

To anyone using Degiro with money in "cash" which I believe is automatically put in the Money Market Fund. i've noticed not all of it shows as "Available To Trade". Is there a reason for that, also how negative can money in this Money Market Fund go in a downturn? Is there a risk having money there rather than pulling it back to your own bank, I'm just mindful it takes a long time to transfer back and forth so would prefer to have it available if I decide to re-enter.

"Your available to trade" is your cash minus any buy orders you have in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Liamo_mu

Anyone looking at Plug Power now it's dipped?

I'm so reluctant to put money into anything at the minute.

Bitcoin seems to be proving its case as an option for some non-correlated risk diversification

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

ADZAM wrote: »
    I was awake at 3am last night thinking about my portfolio and this morning at open sold everything except Lakestar SPAC I SE (LRS1.F) and ESG Core Investments B.V. (ESG.AS) both are European Spacs near their NAV so only upside if a deal is made, no downside apart from opportunity cost

If it’s any consolation ADZAM lying awake at night reminded me of Warren Buffets old saying:

“If you can’t figure out how to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die”

We’ve all taken a beating these last two weeks, keep the faith

LC134 wrote: »
    Bitcoin seems to be proving its case as an option for some non-correlated risk diversification

Or the canary in the coal mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

If anyone is interested in the renewable energy game, both Enel €ENL and Iberdrola €IBE have been in a significant slide the last two months

Both large wind companies, €7.62 and €10.01 respectively as of now, these will surely pick up over time, good time to buy methinks as long term bets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Ixlandia wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in the renewable energy game, both Enel €ENL and Iberdrola €IBE have been in a significant slide the last two months

Both large wind companies, €7.62 and €10.01 respectively as of now, these will surely pick up over time, good time to buy methinks as long term bets

Iberdrola sound good on paper. But they are by far the worst company I have dealt with. And that includes Eir. Just cannot believe in it.

In saying that. I'll probably eat my words in a few years time if they sort out their online platforms and customer service.

Advertisement