Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2021 - Thread banned users post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭con747

Bacchus wrote: »
    Would be interested in thoughts on the different players out there...
    - Stock Dweebs
    - Motley Fool
    - My Wall Street
    - SeekingAlpha
    ... any others.

I've started creating profolios on Yahoo Finance that has "investments" in the public recommendations of Stock Dweebs and Motley Fool... as well as a couple of other sources on Twitter to see over time how each performs. The current pullback is screwing with the plan though, almost everything recent is red. Though it'll be interesting to see over next month or two if they go green. If I can build confidence in any of them I'll consider signing up.... or if the public stuff is good enough I'll just use that to help inform decisions.

marketchameleon.com
    https://stocktwits.com

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

bcklschaps wrote: »
    I'd say you have probably ridden IAG as high as its going to go in the short/medium term. I'd say lock in, some profits there.

That's a few people recently here getting itchy feet with IAG... tempted now to sell on the current high and wait for a dip to get back in... if there is a dip. I'm up 50% on IAG so far. With most everything else red, does it make sense to sell my best performer?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭jams100

sirboby wrote: »
    CRWD : Back to price it was last month, down 20% from heights of this past month. possible 15% upside. Less Risky.

Personally, I'd go Fortinet over Crowdsource, Fortinet has no debt and 1.8 billion in the bank and already generating cash, Trading at about 30 times earnings so its not cheap, was hoping for a pullback with it but alas no big correction this time round.
    Bacchus wrote: »
    That's a few people recently here getting itchy feet with IAG... tempted now to sell on the current high and wait for a dip to get back in... if there is a dip. I'm up 50% on IAG so far. With most everything else red, does it make sense to sell my best performer?
    I also sold completely out of IAG yesterday, up 100%, limited upside potential over the coming years...no dividends until at least 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Jerome Powell up now. Let's see the reaction. The mack daddy of the federal reserve needs to say something calming about bond yields or this week is a write-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Well, this has been a fantastic week, afraid to look at my Degiro and T212 accounts, going to ignore the markets for a few weeks, hoping it all goes like last March....not 2008.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Jerome Powell up now. Let's see the reaction. The mack daddy of the federal reserve needs to say something calming about bond yields or this week is a write-off.

Didn't say the magic words. Bond yields going up, SPY dumping. Hold on to your loved ones.

Edit: US 10y yields just crossed 1.5 as he was talking...
    Edit2: RIP Tesla, jesus.
    Edit3: Nvidia back under $500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Great time to have some cash ready,
    yes I know time in the market beats timing the market but its nice not to be buying at the peak all the time

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Didn't say the magic words. Bond yields going up, SPY dumping. Hold on to your loved ones.

Edit: US 10y yields just crossed 1.5 as he was talking...
    Edit2: RIP Tesla, jesus.
    Edit3: Nvidia back under $500

Both great long term picks imo, bought more Nvidia today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

This is the worst day since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Tesla heading to €600 from a high of €900. At what price does value kick in, I wonder?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Tesla heading to €600 from a high of €900. At what price does value kick in, I wonder?

$420.69

It's as accurate a number as any other for Tesla.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Well GOLD is at the level of May- June last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Is there any other bargain apart from tech and green stock which I believe may drop further.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

bish76 wrote: »
    Is there any other bargain apart from tech and green stock which I believe may drop further.

Right now I'm making money by not having it in the market. But eventually this will turn around, just hard to guess when obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Slaughtered today. Biggest one day loss ever.

And I've no cash in my DeGiro, of all the goddamn times !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Kilboor wrote: »

Same here, some of my individual stocks down 5-10%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Kilboor wrote: »

Snap and no cash in Degiro because I bought a mix of SPAC MAAC and longer term Redfin.

Bought today:
    Amazon
    Nvidia
    Brookfield

Rates are just going back to normal levels, these are companies I'm happy with holding 5 years. More money going into Degiro tomorrow to have on hand if we are going to keep going with this correction.
    I still see 4,300 S&P by end of this year

Edit: Opendoor is in buy territory, down 20% today, I like this one longterm. Its currently back to where I entered a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭DutchYurt

DutchYurt wrote: »
    EDSA - 10m closing of bought shares of course on this news alone it dropped 16% followed by another 5% because logic once more. Pre market up .5% but I expect it to close -8% or even hit sub $5 because it's Edesa and it loves upsetting me

Like. ****ing. Clockwork and below 5 it goes, never thought it would be here again after all the good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bawnBeag

Nasty....NIO has taken a big hit. $38 down from $65, could be a good price to pick it up

• Advertisement

Think I'll cash in on IAG tomorrow and go shopping for some bargains. Not in a rush to put those gains in to the red sea though.

Like. ****ing. Clockwork and below 5 it goes, never thought it would be here again after all the good news.

Bought more at 5.01. When there's blood on the streets.

Don't know much about em, limited research but I picked up 100 shares @ $4.91
    I own so many positions in all these small cap bio and crspr stocks now it's hard to keep track of em all. It really only needs 1 to hit the payder and 100X then its all worth while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

GME GME GME:D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Getting hammered on ev stocks again today. Li and lordstown down nearly 15 percent this week..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭Jeff2

GME flying up again in last few minutes.

Unlike the majority on here, I'm very happy watching my portfolio drop. Just some great sales, today, in my amateur opinion is the day to buy, Nasdaq is down 10%.

Buy quality stocks when there is blood!

No sign of netflix dropping below $500, I may just end up buying back into Disney

• Registered Users Posts: 16,487 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Jeff2 wrote: »
    GME flying up again in last few minutes.

The squeezing has begun perhaps?

• Advertisement

jams100 wrote: »
    Unlike the majority on here, I'm very happy watching my portfolio drop. Just some great sales, today, in my amateur opinion is the day to buy, Nasdaq is down 10%.

Buy quality stocks when there is blood!

True. TBH, most my stocks have been bleeding for weeks and I'm fine with it (helped in part because 2 stocks have been keeping me out of the red overall). I'm confident they'll all bounce back. They just need patience. I do want to take advantage of the dip though so I'm going to free up some cash to put back in over the next few days/week.

Advertisement